OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care but didn't Miami lose to an FCS school a couple weeks ago?
Nah, G5 unfortunately. Y’all have familiarity with that too! Georgia Southern beat y’all without completing a forward pass and had your OL blocking each other :lol:. So we’re not even trendsetters between that and FSU losing to Jacksonville State (an actual FBS)
1666051014433.jpeg

We’ve touched on this in this thread so probably moderately relevant …

Sounds like Adazzio is going to be one and done at A&M. Aside from the issues on the field, he’s apparently been in and out of the hospital multiple times with health issues and didn’t coach against Arkansas, missed a ton of practice Bama week.

He’s probably done. Along with Craig, finally.

Also rumors Bryce Foster is done for the year after the knee at Bama and Layden Robinson’s ankle may have finally decided enough was enough. South Carolina gonna be a **** show this week.

For as great as he is, I don't think Bryce Young gets enough credit. If you were to replace Bryce Young with a league average QB Alabama goes 8-4/9-3 last season and probably 8-4/9-3this season too.

What I don't understand is why Alabama needs to be so reliant on Bryce Young. It's not as though recruiting has fallen off, 2021 was Alabama's best recruiting class ever. Is Alabama just missing on evaluations? Is the staff turnover finally starting to impact them?

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s development or recruiting at WR but it has taken a step back. They got extremely lucky and bailed out several times last year with Jameson Williams. They don’t have that this year and it shows

Right before that play happened I told my daughter (who of course cannot understand a thing that I'm saying being that she's 2 months old) that they are about to try a trick play and what do you know.

Touchdown and effectively, ballgame.
Congratulations Dre and I wish nothing but blessings for you and your family. You're truly a good person.

nako xl nako xl

We talked about this a little, but the more homework I do, the more ideal I think Garrett Riley is for A&M.

Spread concepts, obviously, but balanced-to-slightly run heavy despite coaching under ****s who’s a true blue air raid guy. Didn’t realize he was damn near 50/50 on the nose at SMU.

Utilizes tight ends really well, which Jimbo has a hard on for and has recruited the hell out of. Does a good job with designed QB run game.

He’s a star.

I just don’t know if I see Jimbo giving up control for a 33-year old kid.

Jeff Grimes has come up a bunch, but I can’t imagine he’s not a heavy candidate for a HC gig somewhere. Aggie Masters grad. Wife’s an Aggie. SEC experience. Older dude Jimbo might respect more.

nako xl nako xl

We talked about this a little, but the more homework I do, the more ideal I think Garrett Riley is for A&M.

Spread concepts, obviously, but balanced-to-slightly run heavy despite coaching under ****s who’s a true blue air raid guy. Didn’t realize he was damn near 50/50 on the nose at SMU.

Utilizes tight ends really well, which Jimbo has a hard on for and has recruited the hell out of. Does a good job with designed QB run game.

He’s a star.

I just don’t know if I see Jimbo giving up control for a 33-year old kid.

Jeff Grimes has come up a bunch, but I can’t imagine he’s not a heavy candidate for a HC gig somewhere. Aggie Masters grad. Wife’s an Aggie. SEC experience. Older dude Jimbo might respect more.
I think with Garrett you’d be getting a similar offense to what Lincoln runs. Air raid but run heavy. He’d be a good hire imo. But I thought trust about Harrell and some other air raid principles guys who were at G5s and that step up to the P5 was a killer for them.

I think with Garrett you’d be getting a similar offense to what Lincoln runs. Air raid but run heavy. He’d be a good hire imo. But I thought trust about Harrell and some other air raid principles guys who were at G5s and that step up to the P5 was a killer for them.
I think that Harrell’s offense is vastly different than Lincoln’s, no? Lashlee had no problem when he got to the P5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom