OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Harrell’s offense is vastly different than Lincoln’s, no? Lashlee had no problem when he got to the P5

Harrell’s a way truer air raid guy.
Harrell likes to run the ball. He ran it well at UNT and ran it really well last year at SC. (I’d have to check this year’s numbers but they’ve leaned on the run in the WVU games I watched so far.) We just had such bad OL play in 2019 and 2020 that he would abandon the run.

Schematically though, I agree. I think the things Lincoln does with his counter run game are very different than what Harrell does there which is basically, “light box? Ok inside zone.”

I think with Garrett you’d be getting a similar offense to what Lincoln runs. Air raid but run heavy. He’d be a good hire imo. But I thought trust about Harrell and some other air raid principles guys who were at G5s and that step up to the P5 was a killer for them.
Garrett’s doing a pretty solid job of proving himself at the P5 level this season.

So a few thoughts:

1. Isn’t it hilarious that after they announce they’re expanding the playoff to 12 and everyone yells about how there are never 12 teams deserving of a a shot at the national championship, we get a season where legitimately 8 teams could probably beat any of the other 8 given home field advantage and a tiny bit of home cooking? Is there any team in the top 10-12 you think is finishing 13-0?

2. I think UCLA blows the doors off Oregon this weekend.

3. If Alabama drops one more (let’s say LSU or Ole Miss) and Georgia beats Tennessee, but Alabama makes the SEC CG and beats Georgia… who gets in? Now same thing but Alabama wins out?

Once again, Dan wetzel has a terrible take.

Dan wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants the current restrictions on the schools and coaching staff to remain but allow the "free market" to govern a student athletes. If we really want a free market in college football, it might get ugly for a lot of student athletes.

Even professional sports in the US are highly regulated when it comes to player movement, contract structure, etc. Believe it or not there's also a lot of regulation about the types of endorsements that pro athletes can accept too.

Congratulations Dre and I wish nothing but blessings for you and your family. You're truly a good person.

🙏🏾 Thanks my man, I appreciate it

Congrats on the little one. I have a 17-month-old daughter. They grow up so fast!

IMG_20221013_191124.jpg

🥰🥰

I think we have that same book even though we are not at that point yet.

And yeah man, they change so fast

Right before that play happened I told my daughter (who of course cannot understand a thing that I'm saying being that she's 2 months old) that they are about to try a trick play and what do you know.

Touchdown and effectively, ballgame.
Congrats on the baby girl... I have 2 girls (12 and 10 years old) and I couldn't be happier... for now

My kid definitely got all them Elmo potty books. :lol:

Still grabs them to try and read when he's gotta take a ****. :lol: :smh:

Has there been any buzz on O’Brien getting the GT job? He was a O’Leary guy and that honestly seems like the kind of boring hire they would make.

What's your Heisman list looking like right now? If I had to do a top 5, it would be:

1. CJ Stroud
2. Hendon Hooker
3a. Caleb Williams
3b. Blake Corum
5. Drake Maye

Others receiving votes:
Bryce Young

EDIT reshuffled after I thought about it more

Last edited:
So a few thoughts:

1. Isn’t it hilarious that after they announce they’re expanding the playoff to 12 and everyone yells about how there are never 12 teams deserving of a a shot at the national championship, we get a season where legitimately 8 teams could probably beat any of the other 8 given home field advantage and a tiny bit of home cooking? Is there any team in the top 10-12 you think is finishing 13-0?

2. I think UCLA blows the doors off Oregon this weekend.

3. If Alabama drops one more (let’s say LSU or Ole Miss) and Georgia beats Tennessee, but Alabama makes the SEC CG and beats Georgia… who gets in? Now same thing but Alabama wins out?

I 👀👀 what you are doing here

What's your Heisman list looking like right now? If I had to do a top 5, it would be:

1. CJ Stroud
2. Hendon Hooker
3a. Caleb Williams
3b. Blake Corum
5. Drake Maye

Others receiving votes:
Bryce Young

No DTR?

1. CJ Stroud
2. Hendon Hooker
3a. Caleb Williams
3b. Blake Corum
5. Drake Maye

Others receiving votes:
Bryce Young

If we had even a semblance of an average defense Drake Maye should be in the Top 3 but as it stands that looks about right.

Stroud or Bryce. I’m not dropping Bryce because of the guys around him not stepping up.
He missed a game but Bryce hasn’t been flawless this year. I originally had him 4th but after thinking about it, pushed him down. I obviously expect him to finish in the top 4 (I expect Bama to win out and play angry the rest of the year and for UNC to lose at least one more.)

Has there been any buzz on O’Brien getting the GT job? He was a O’Leary guy and that honestly seems like the kind of boring hire they would make.

I don't really know how GT fans would feel. Most of the Alabama fan base wants him gone which isn't the great sign.

1. CJ Stroud
2. Hendon Hooker
3a. Caleb Williams
3b. Blake Corum
5. Drake Maye

Others receiving votes:
Bryce Young

CJ has had an incredible season but the real knock on him is that they haven't played anybody. Notre Dame is the only top 40 team that Ohio State has played this season. Despite him having a great season so far, I can't rank him highly based on dominating cupcake opponents. I realize that he didn't make the schedule but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom