OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hating *** Stephen A and Finebaum.

They’re making fun of Utah not being a tough place to play :lol: “Utah’s not tough to play in, Utah’s hard to get to!”

Finebaum making an argument for Tennessee: “Tennessee’s not going to have an SEC championship game but they basically already had it because they beat Alabama!”

Last edited:
Check out today’s Joel Klatt, he talks about a few different scenarios regarding usc
Lol tbh I don’t even care about the scenarios. We’re not ready for the playoff. tupac003 tupac003 casper90403 casper90403 and i have been saying that since preseason. We’re just focused on who is healthy this week so we can try to beat ucla.

I just think the nonsense logic they use to justify 2 SEC teams even when they have multiple L’s is hilarious. “It’s a good loss because it was to another SEC team! Those are tough places to play!”

USC is gonna be an absolute force in a year or two.

I wonder what division they put them in. No way they go to the East. Same with UCLA honestly.

Is there a rule where conferences can or cannot change divisions?

Remember how stupid legends and leaders was 🤣🤣

They should just put them in west and bump Purdue.

As a Michigan fan I don’t really have all that much interest in playing B1G west teams more, or the potential of a Mich-OSU rematch, for us to get rid of divisions.

OSU
TCU
Georgia
Tennessee

I don't agree with it but that's the 4. Don't know the order but that would be the 4.

OSU
TCU
Georgia
LSU

If LSU has a blowout win in the SEC championship game like this hypothetical mentions, there's no way they get left out. They would jump Tennessee

Lol tbh I don’t even care about the scenarios. We’re not ready for the playoff. tupac003 tupac003 casper90403 casper90403 and i have been saying that since preseason. We’re just focused on who is healthy this week so we can try to beat ucla.

I just think the nonsense logic they use to justify 2 SEC teams even when they have multiple L’s is hilarious. “It’s a good loss because it was to another SEC team! Those are tough places to play!”

I been saying that for weeks. The bottom line is they’re always justified with “good losses” when they have no quality wins. That’s why Bama stayed up in the top ten before ole miss. 0-2 against the top 25 and hadn’t beaten a team with a pulse. I still think Ole Miss was severely overrated as well but they got their ranked win finally. They’re so terrified of dropping them like they do other teams

If UGA gets blown out in the SEC title game by a 2 loss LSU there’s no way they should be in the playoff, sorry I don’t care how good they are. Especially if teams behind them win. I highly doubt LSU would win anyway but still.

Ohio State
TCU
USC
Clemson

In that scenario, USC would have wins against 4 teams in the CFP top 25 (3 of those wins would be in a row to end the season) and their only loss would have been on the road by 1 point to a top 25 team. Whether you think they're a bad team or not, the resume argument should be gone if they win out.

LSU would be a 2 loss SEC champion. Say what you will, but the committee has yet to put in a 2 loss champion over a 1 loss champion. And one of LSU's 2 losses would be against Florida State an ACC team...

Who the ACC champion Clemson Tigers would have beaten.

The ONLY arguments for LSU would be: 1. "But, they're the SEC champ!" and 2. "But, they beat Alabama! Alabama!!!"

I been saying that for weeks. The bottom line is they’re always justified with “good losses” when they have no quality wins. That’s why Bama stayed up in the top ten before ole miss. 0-2 against the top 25 and hadn’t beaten a team with a pulse. I still think Ole Miss was severely overrated as well but they got their ranked win finally. They’re so terrified of dropping them like they do other teams

If UGA gets blown out in the SEC title game by a 2 loss LSU there’s no way they should be in the playoff, sorry I don’t care how good they are. Especially if teams behind them win. I highly doubt LSU would win anyway but still.
I think LSU is severely overrated.

It's a down year for the SEC in general but they don't want to admit that. Georgia is great. Alabama's down, and to be honest, they would be a 4 loss team if not for Bryce. A bunch of other teams are just good, but the bottom of the conference is terrible.

Arkansas almost just beat LSU. Arkansas lost at home to Liberty. Liberty just got beaten by UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom