OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Pitt lost way too much last year with Addison and Pickett leaving but they’ve got the advantage in coaching for sure.

Gonna go with Pitt and probably be wrong
I don't think Narduzzi is a much better coach than Neal Brown. A few years ago I was actually pretty high on Brown. But idk what the 2022 version of Harrell's offense is going to look like. JT in 1.5 quarters under Harrell had 200+ yards and 1 or 2 TDs and a pick (against an uncharacteristically meh Fresno team.) And WVU has a sneaky good receiving corps and Narduzzi's Pitt team last year struggled to stop the pass. The real reason he's been whining about Whipple throwing so much and scoring as quickly as they did is his Pitt defense was trash last season. They gave up 44 points in a loss to WMU. Western Michigan!

Pitt lost a lot in Pickett, Addison, and Whipple, but the rest of their roster is pretty much intact and returning. They also stole Konata Mumpfield from Akron (hypocritical Narduzzi) and while Pickett is definitely better, Slovis isn't a huge drop off from him at QB. Especially if he's not going to be expected to pass 30-40x a game like he was at SC.

This guy ranks everything
mjlol (1) (1).png

The top of this list just the best cuz they play in NFL stadiums n have use their parking , lazy rankings :lol: :smh:

:lol: Really couldn’t help yourself, eh?
I’ll engage. Slovis is a major dropoff talent wise from Pickett?

I know your whole thing is not watching anything but Miami games but you realize Pickett was ******* awful every year but his 5th season? IMO, while he took a big step up last year he was mostly a product of those skill weapons and whipple’s system. Before last year he was a 50% completion guy and threw as many INTs as TDs.

Talent wise why can’t Slovis take a similar step in a similar system with a better OL than he had at SC (granted with worse receivers.) He already put up similar numbers as a true freshman when healthy.

Last edited:
Games I'm watching...

Thursday:
4p West Virginia pitt pitt

Saturday:
1230p Oregon @UGA
1230p Cincy @Arkansas to see what the fuss is about with Ark (small tv)
1230p UofA @SDSU. Need to see TMAC's 1st game (laptop)
4p Utah @UF (small tv)
430p. ND @tOSU (the granddaddy)
730p Boise @Oregon State (low key this is going to be a competitive game)

Sunday:
PASSSSSSSSSSSSS

Monday:
YOU ALREADY KNOW!!! REVENGE TOUR IN FULL EFFECT!!!!! (I will either get banned for 2 weeks or say you guys are right)

All appetizers until TNF on 9/8. My shirt will be off (in the stadium)

Games I'm watching...

Thursday:
4p West Virginia pitt pitt

Saturday:
1230p Oregon @UGA
1230p Cincy @Arkansas to see what the fuss is about with Ark (small tv)
1230p UofA @SDSU. Need to see TMAC's 1st game (laptop)
4p Utah @UF (small tv)
430p. ND @tOSU (the granddaddy)
730p Boise @Oregon State (low key this is going to be a competitive game)

Sunday:
PASSSSSSSSSSSSS

Monday:
YOU ALREADY KNOW!!! REVENGE TOUR IN FULL EFFECT!!!!! (I will either get banned for 2 weeks or say you guys are right)

All appetizers until TNF on 9/8. My shirt will be off (in the stadium)
🤔

its ridiculous. I gotta find a service that has a free trial. I remember getting Sling once just to watch a game on Pac 12.

The boosters might want Urban at Nebraska but I can’t see the admin or Os going for it.

Last edited:
Slovis is a major dropoff talent wise from Pickett?
First misrepresentation. Inserting the word “talent”
I know your whole thing is not watching anything but Miami games
incredibly dumb :lol:
but you realize Pickett was ****ing awful every year but his 5th season?
would bet I’ve seen more Pickett games than you, easily :lol:. He was in my damn conference

Can’t even dignify the rest of the post with a response after this nonsense projection

I’ll be watching on my phone. When I find an alternate sauce I got you.

Btw have we ever discussed how hilarious it is I get Pac 12 network in NY but I don’t know anyone with it in LA?

My fam out in Inglewood and Baldwin Hills get it with Comcast.

They gave me thier PW and I can watch it with the pac 12 app.

First misrepresentation. Inserting the word “talent”

incredibly dumb :lol:

would bet I’ve seen more Pickett games than you, easily :lol:. He was in my damn conference

Can’t even dignify the rest of the post with a response after this nonsense projection
Ok. I'm fairly certain you didn't even watch the Pitt Miami game last year because I remember trolling you during it and you were in hiding. But, ok.

Ok. I'm fairly certain you didn't even watch the Pitt Miami game last year because I remember trolling you during it and you were in hiding. But, ok.
Your gotcha moment is that you know I missed one of his games? Dude has literally been playing since his frosh year and his first start was against Miami if I’m not mistaken.

I know we have one of these posts every year around thanksgiving/New Years, but because the season is kicking off I want to just say again how special this thread is. I think it’s the thread on NT with the most consistent membership and patronage over the past decade plus (second, only to the thread about yambz, maybe). The vitalness of the jokes and Monday morning **** talk this thread provides me is so necessary. So wanted to say appreciate y’all. Even the “this is the year Jimbo delivers” TAMU losers. (Spoiler: he won’t.)

Agreed. This thread is the main reason why I’m even still on here

Damn nako xl nako xl

After seeing the depth chart released, I;m not sure USC can win 9 games. 8 sounds like a solid achievement.

Defense looks slightly above trash.

OL depth is atrocious. Everybody needs to be healthy for USC to make a good bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom