OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the reason Bob Stoops stepped away and another coach who I can’t remember right now was thinking of retiring early.

The job makes these dudes filthy rich but the year round nature of it also grinds them into dust.

Yeah, I remember the Bob Stoops story distinctly because his retirement seemed completely out of the blue. His father died while coaching a high school football game at the age of 54 and Bible was told himself he would retire before he hit that age because he didn't want the same thing to happen to him.

JustBlaze. JustBlaze. ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis whats your analysis on Tony Grimes? Was he a bust?

The talent is still there but he hasn't developed at all. In fact, he's regressed since his freshman year. The defensive coaching staff for UNC is amongst the worst in P5.

He would have been a lot better off going to Georgia like he was very close to doing. Would have gotten better coaching and played any meaningful football games 🤷🏿‍♂️

It's fascinating how quickly college football rosters turn over. 2-3 years ago Alabama had so many elite wide receivers that they couldn't see the field (which is why a talented player like Jameson Williams transferred). Now they're receiving core is a shell of what it was.

A lot of Alabama's passing offense is based on their receivers winning one-on-one battles. Bill O'Brien is unable to scheme their receivers open. Basically, unless they have elite wide receiver play, they're passing offense will look stilted and broken.

RIP to one of the most inventive, creative, and charismatic people to ever coach in the football world. Mike Leach will be remembered forever, and fondly by the schools he coached at.

1670952415250.gif

Brandon Innis

Honestly, I worry about the health and longevity of college football coaches nowadays. I understand that they are handsomely compensated but they still have more to handle than they ever have.

Recruiting basically all year, fundraising as well as working 12-hour days game planning during the season. No wonder many college coaches are trying to get to the NFL or are opting to retire early. I would imagine that this becomes unmanageable for men in their '50s and '60s

It's fascinating how quickly college football rosters turn over. 2-3 years ago Alabama had so many elite wide receivers that they couldn't see the field (which is why a talented player like Jameson Williams transferred). Now they're receiving core is a shell of what it was.

A lot of Alabama's passing offense is based on their receivers winning one-on-one battles. Bill O'Brien is unable to scheme their receivers open. Basically, unless they have elite wide receiver play, they're passing offense will look stilted and broken.

All those dudes sucked.
BOB sucks too and if Jalen Milroe is the starting QB next year, then I understand.
Them dudes had the best QB in college football, and couldn't get open or catch the ball.

1. Why is anyone listening to Jason Whitlock?

2. Coach Brown is literally the last person who should be critiquing anyone's character or coaching ability.

You can criticize other parts of Lincoln Riley's coaching (such as having even the vaguest ability to understand defense) but no one can question his QB coaching. Coach Brown makes it sound like these quarterbacks just showed up on his roster. He recruited all of them as transfers, they didn't just materialize on his roster.

I know Brown is an idiot and is just talking to talk.

But to answer his question - "which one of those kids did he recruit out of high school and mould, or did they come fully developed when he got them" - umm... Caleb? The guy you're talking about?

And "Caleb is a bad character kid because he put FU on his finger nails" is such a stupid take.

I know Brown is an idiot and is just talking to talk.

But to answer his question - "which one of those kids did he recruit out of high school and mould, or did they come fully developed when he got them" - umm... Caleb? The guy you're talking about?

And "Caleb is a bad character kid because he put FU on his finger nails" is such a stupid take.

Exactly. He has no place to judge anyone else's character given his past. During his season of Last Chance U He basically admitted that he doesn't know how to coach and doesn't watch film. He's just good at acquiring talent. Then you see clips of him belittling his assistant coaches and doing absolutely ballistic at the refs. All of this is before you even talk about the felony charges.

Exactly. He has no place to judge anyone else's character given his past. During his season of Last Chance U He basically admitted that he doesn't know how to coach and doesn't watch film. He's just good at acquiring talent. Then you see clips of him belittling his assistant coaches and doing absolutely ballistic at the refs. All of this is before you even talk about the felony charges.
Plus Baker lost the starting job at TTU, transferred to OU and was there for 4 years, Kyler never outright won the starting job at TAMU and was at OU for 3 years, and Hurts lost the job at Bama to a freshman.

Which one of those 3 was a finished product Heisman winner before Riley got them? Just stupid takes.

N41D N41D Looks like Chris Marshall and Jojo Earle are heading to TCU.

SC also passed on Traeshon Holden and Theo Wease who reached out. Makes me wonder if we're standing pat with the guys we've got.

I will say, the petty in me enjoys seeing the staff not going after players who spurned us in 2020-2022, flamed out, and are now trying to double back.

You hear that Justin Flowe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom