OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

1670952415250.gif

Brandon Innis

I mentioned this pages back but nako xl nako xl buckeye told me I was mistaken

Chris Marshall at TCU feels like trouble waiting to happen - but he's just gotta survive a couple years keeping his nose clean, I guess.

Re: The OSU NIL talk, NIL wise I think are currently only about 2-3 teams that you pretty much will never outbid for a kid that they actually want. So you’d have to hope that NIL isn’t the deciding factor there

Honestly, I worry about the health and longevity of college football coaches nowadays. I understand that they are handsomely compensated but they still have more to handle than they ever have.

Recruiting basically all year, fundraising as well as working 12-hour days game planning during the season. No wonder many college coaches are trying to get to the NFL or are opting to retire early. I would imagine that this becomes unmanageable for men in their '50s and '60s
This goes for most high paying jobs. You ask any successful CEO, doctor or attorney and they will say the same thing. You get money but money isn't everything when you never stop working. This explains why attorneys in particular have such a high job attrition rate and high job dissatisfaction rate.

Re: The OSU NIL talk, NIL wise I think are currently only about 2-3 teams that you pretty much will never outbid for a kid that they actually want. So you’d have to hope that NIL isn’t the deciding factor there
Yea, I think a lot of the numbers we’re hearing are BS and it’s becoming a convenient excuse for the majority of teams. Like Miami is presumably one of the schools causing fear in the NIL game and UF just outbid for Rashada.

If Ohio State is losing on NIL, it’s because they’re stupid and/or they’re simply willing to let it be an excuse and live with the dip. It’s damned sure Not because they’re poor.

This goes for most high paying jobs. You ask any successful CEO, doctor or attorney and they will say the same thing. You get money but money isn't everything when you never stop working. This explains why attorneys in particular have such a high job attrition rate and high job dissatisfaction rate.
sounds like a snowflake take

If Ohio State is losing on NIL, it’s because they’re stupid and/or they’re simply willing to let it be an excuse and live with the dip. It’s damned sure Not because they’re poor.
Can’t speak for OSU but Michigan isn’t even in the ballgame for 98% of these kids… No real collective and hell will freeze over before the University allows the big money donors to just give cash away to recruits… I guess we will see how everything shakes out but for now NIL is not being utilized for the players on Michigan until they step foot on campus 🤷‍♂️

Shout out to TC Taylor for becoming the new head coach of Jackson State football. I feel like this is a pretty good fit because not only did he study under Deion while serving as the receivers coach, but he's also a former Jackson State athlete. He played both QB & Receiver for Thee Tigers from 1998 to 2001. He almost beat Eli Manning for the Conerly Trophy in 2001 after breaking the JSU single season record with 84 receptions 1,234 yards and 11 TDs.
tctaylor.jpg

Can’t speak for OSU but Michigan isn’t even in the ballgame for 98% of these kids… No real collective and hell will freeze over before the University allows the big money donors to just give cash away to recruits… I guess we will see how everything shakes out but for now NIL is not being utilized for the players on Michigan until they step foot on campus 🤷‍♂️
Caleb Williams made a run at pulling Blake Corum away with promises of NIL money, after Harbaugh was on his ******** last offseason, and Michigan was able to keep him in the loop regardless.

Maybe he just really loved the school but it's hard to believe Michigan isn't paying when others are throwing big bills. Every school is playing the game. At varying levels, but they're all playing it.

I do hear you about them not paying people before they're enrolled. USC alleges the same thing, and that's how the rules are written, and yet we know we're holding on to kids aTm and Miami are offering millions.

Caleb Williams made a run at pulling Blake Corum away with promises of NIL money, after Harbaugh was on his bull**** last offseason, and Michigan was able to keep him in the loop regardless.

Every school is playing the game. At varying levels, but they're all playing it.
Not saying Michigan isn’t getting guys paid but they’re selling point is not as forward as the obvious ones… If it was, Dante Moore would not have left the state and when he reached out to the staff a couple weeks ago they told him “we are not close” to what the other schools were offering. .. Michigan taking a snails pace in this race, hope something more competitive shows up soon

My bad. Surely Ohio State isn't outbidding for any of their recruits it's all about guys from Texas, California, and Florida who have always dreamed of living in Columbus, Ohio and just want to be coached up and developed by the best. NIL has ruined football!

You right fam NIL has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m sure these recruits are heading to the Gators because they’ve been so dominant the last few years, Miami’s extraordinary season they just had, USC’s decade of dominance before this last season, etc. :lol:

You right fam NIL has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m sure these recruits are heading to the Gators because they’ve been so dominant the last few years, Miami’s extraordinary season they just had, USC’s decade of dominance before this last season, etc. :lol:
Lol or it's a bit of both and NIL is the crutch/convenient boogie man people can point to for lost recruiting battles right now.

The irony in your statement is USC fans think their NIL is a disaster. I can confirm it's at the very least inefficient because like Michigan we claim to only negotiate with and pay enrolled players. We've lost multiple recruits to Oregon, Miami, and now Florida partly (mostly?) because of NIL.

And yet here we are with more 5 stars committed in our 2023 class than any other school and with Ohio State fans accusing us of buying players. While we all KNOW you bought Brandon Inniss and Dylan Raiola. See how that works?

Lol or it's a bit of both and NIL is the crutch/convenient boogie man people can point to for lost recruiting battles right now.

The irony in your statement is USC fans think their NIL is a disaster. I can confirm it's at the very least inefficient because like Michigan we claim to only negotiate with and pay enrolled players. We've lost multiple recruits to Oregon, Miami, and now Florida partly (mostly?) because of NIL.

And yet here we are with more 5 stars committed in our 2023 class than any other school and with Ohio State fans accusing us of buying players. While we all KNOW you bought Brandon Inniss and Dylan Raiola. See how that works?

Oh I agree it’s both but according to you a few pages ago it can’t possibly have anything to do with Ohio States NIL. I never said they lost recruits solely to NIL, I simply said OSUs NIL collectives aren’t very good, but no no no it can’t possibly be that!

Not saying Michigan isn’t getting guys paid but they’re selling point is not as forward as the obvious ones… If it was, Dante Moore would not have left the state and when he reached out to the staff a couple weeks ago they told him “we are not close” to what the other schools were offering. .. Michigan taking a snails pace in this race, hope something more competitive shows up soon

Michigan doesn’t have that kind of booster culture but it’s going to have them that take the first step.

Oh I agree it’s both but according to you a few pages ago it can’t possibly have anything to do with Ohio States NIL. I never said they lost recruits solely to NIL, I simply said OSUs NIL collectives aren’t very good, but no no no it can’t possibly be that!
If the Marvin Harrison rumors come to fruition I’ll concede :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom