OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mehhh. We punish players for less character flaws. Not going to speak ill on the dead but let’s not whitewash history because he passed away.
Never forget when Mike Wilbon said Sean Taylor's lifestyle caused his death and never apologized when we found out the truth. Sad for the Leech family but Leach has said and done many things especially during the pandemic that were really bad.

Mehhh. We punish players for less character flaws. Not going to speak ill on the dead but let’s not whitewash history because he passed away.

I don’t disagree but I personally don’t think HOF status should have anything do with the character of a person. The reality is we don’t “really” know who any of these guys are as people, so it isn’t something that we should take into account.

Leach probably wasn’t a great coach, but he one of the most influential ones of the past 20 years. That deserves HOF recognition IMO.

Leach was definitely a weirdo. He was definitely a bit of a line stepper on some issues.
His style of coaching and the way he ran things was never going to win at the highest levels.

But he did more for coaches throughout Texas during his time at Tech and after for connections he made in the state than any major-program Texas coach in at least a few decades.

Had several buddies whose careers he personally invested in and helped advance. Had a buddy who coaches HS in the outskirts of DFW he invited out to Tech, paid for a couple of weeks of hotel stay and helped him rebuild his offense from the ground up.

He is 10000% more highly respected in the coaching community than with the general football fan.

I don’t disagree but I personally don’t think HOF status should have anything do with the character of a person. The reality is we don’t “really” know who any of these guys are as people, so it isn’t something that we should take into account.

Leach probably wasn’t a great coach, but he one of the most influential ones of the past 20 years. That deserves HOF recognition IMO.
But players get punished for character stuff all the time. Just seems inconsistent for coaches not to get the same treatment just because he was nice to the media when he was a known ahole and even abusive in some instances to kids. The whole shed incident is awful on its own.

Thee I Love baby!!! Welcome to the Jack
507EC2A3-50A3-4CFE-95BA-D9395A972579.jpeg
4ABA7F81-A065-47A4-9432-DB695BC86936.jpeg

But players get punished for character stuff all the time. Just seems inconsistent for coaches not to get the same treatment just because he was nice to the media when he was a known ahole and even abusive in some instances to kids. The whole shed incident is awful on its own.

What do you mean by punished though? Because there are definitely scumbag players in the HOF at all levels, same with coaches too

*PSA: I don’t care if he’s in the HOF or not, I think most of them are a joke anyway*

Last edited:
What do you mean by punished though? Because there are definitely scumbag players in the HOF at all levels, same with coaches too

*PSA: I don’t care if he’s in the HOF or not, I think most of them are a joke anyway*
Didn't Maurice basically get disavowed by Ohio State for the car stuff (after getting them a Chip) as was Pryor for tattoos and jerseys? That's just one school where players were punished. Reggie Bush was disowned by USC and got his Heisman taken. If that's not punishment then I don't know what is. That shed incident should've ended Leach's career if we're honest. Durkin shouldn't be coaching neither should Brian Kelly.

Didn't Maurice basically get disavowed by Ohio State for the car stuff (after getting them a Chip) as was Pryor for tattoos and jerseys? That's just one school where players were punished. Reggie Bush was disowned by USC and got his Heisman taken. If that's not punishment then I don't know what is. That shed incident should've ended Leach's career if we're honest. Durkin shouldn't be coaching neither should Brian Kelly.

I thought he was just referring to the HOF, there are tons of scumbags in there.

But yeah I get what you mean in that regard. Colleges think they are too prestigious to associate with players who do something “wrong” meanwhile all of their presidents and higher ups all have skeletons in the closet.

Leach is one of those coaches that EYE personally don’t think was ever that great. Was he innovative? Sure but he’s another one of those “well look he had _____ good for a couple of years!” type coaches. There’s a reason why he never got a big time job and it’s not just his personality traits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom