OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly wasn't any "yall" in here.

I said from Square 1 this wasn't the year.

Sark get a reset when they go 8-4 again next year then hit the SEC in '24?
I can pull text receipts of me clowning on my friend for thinking we were going to the playoffs this season if needed :lol:

That Andre Carter situation at Army stinks. With that said, I would never advise an athlete that has any desire to play professional to ever attend a service academy because they do have rights to your time after you graduate.

To put things in perspective, and 800 team team talent composite puts you around top 16-18 talent.

These stats reinforce what I've seen with my eyes: Ohio State rarely plays teams with similar talent and when they do they tend to struggle, with their defense in particularly falling off a cliff. A lot of their great statistics are bolstered by playing hapless, far less talented Big Ten teams.

To be fair, Georgia's great record against talented teams is inflated because a lot of ordinary SEC teams have top 20 talent. A lot of Georgia's wins against teams with 800 talent composite are against teams like Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn.

Last edited:
Yooooo they just cheated UIW something crazy! WOW!
This man was still up and running when he fumbled, and they called him down.

Yooooo they just cheated UIW something crazy! WOW!
This man was still up and running when he fumbled, and they called him down.

0C6DEA78-7507-44E4-B05E-AC8CE9FEC49F.gif

What was the spread? I'm rooting for whoever wins between Montana St and SD State.

It was NDSU -7.5 this morning.

I played ball at a Minnesota juco before finishing my playing career in the Dakotas so I enjoy following the FCS tourney. Always competitive and fun. Usually the same set of teams that make it to the final four though (Dakota's/Montana's). :lol:

Wondering how much NIL contracts are forcing these guys to suit up in games they would 100% skip in past years???

I can see where you coming from but. He was arrogant. He had Bijan as a Freshman and didn't use him effectively
I want the Horns to do well. Herman was a jerk but Sark just seems like a yes man that will do and say anything to keep the boosters off his back

It was NDSU -7.5 this morning.

I played ball at a Minnesota juco before finishing my playing career in the Dakotas so I enjoy following the FCS tourney. Always competitive and fun. Usually the same set of teams that make it to the final four though (Dakota's/Montana's). :lol:

My little brothers were All Americans at Sam Houston under Coach Fritz. Twins playing safety and linebacker. No lie, they helped transform that program. Made it to the chip back to back years and lost to North Dakota State both times.

The now ex head coach for Incarnate Word GJ is a friend of mine too. We grew up together so I always tune in to the FCS.

My little brothers were All Americans at Sam Houston under Coach Fritz. Twins playing safety and linebacker. No lie, they helped transform that program. Made it to the chip back to back years and lost to North Dakota State both times.

The now ex head coach for Incarnate Word GJ is a friend of mine too. We grew up together so I always tune in to the FCS.

That's dope, man. Weve talked about guys here and there, so I know you recognize. The non-D1 guys don't get the shine, but there's some great football out there - for the love of the game - both players and coaches. Those programs you mention have a lot of guys who are big boy football level worthy, but for whatever reason, this or that, they're at those programs and you really only hear about the handful that make or to the League...or they just have great coaching and continually get better. I appreciate FCS ball and it's good football to watch.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever coach despite being badgered by my people to do so, but if I do, the film I'm watching to starts is FCS...they HAVE to rely on fundamentals and sound execution to be great and despite the talent gap from FBS, you have a plethora of coaching points.

ND is going to have to get their NIL situation straight. Already lost out on Moore and Keeley and now it looks like they're going to miss out on Bowen. I think there was an OL they missed out on because of it too. They're going to have a good class but that class would be even better w/ those guys in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom