OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLDR; Travis Hunter would be crazy not to choose the DAWGS!

Basically :lol:

Damn Colorado, how yall going to finder Deion Sanders Jr on his day off? He posted yesterday that Colorado will no longer allow him to be the social media guy for all CU related pages. I guess his posts were too colorful for the powers that be.

Why the hell would he think that they would just hand that over to him?

football_monopoly_ucla_6.jpg

1671475999402.jpeg

—————

Last edited:
Also have been watching Deion and you don't see him with a stitch of Nike branded CU gear (other than a hat he wore his first day on the job and maybe at his initial press conference).

Would be kinda funny watching all the ERRBODY GOING TO COLORADO people try to explain away why Deion couldn't bring Hunter with him. :lol:

I said when Dion took the Job. If he is going to be playing big schools now, hunter should look elsewhere

Were his posts crazy?
I didn't really pay attention to any of the CU posts he made, but they seemed pretty tame under the JSU pages. Even if they are too out there for CU standards, they still have to understand that he has more insight than the regular social media people. There's a reason why Deion brought his own group of media experts with him.

If I'm Travis Hunter I can understand the rationale of going to Jackson State. You can think about concepts bigger than football. Showing other top black athletes that they can go to HBCUs and succeed as well as play for one of the greatest defensive backs ever.

If I'm just going to end up at a P5 school, why would I choose the worst P5 school in the nation when I have the opportunity to go to

1. Georgia- #1 team in the nation, where he has a strong relationship with the coaching staff and Georgia is known for putting DBs in the league. Close to home 😉

2. FSU- his dream school growing up and a team on the rise. Good relationship with the coaching staff, etc

3. USC- immediate starter, playing in LA for a title contender. Not to mention NIL opportunities would be amazing.
Will those other P5 schools allow him to play both sides of the ball like Deion though? I doubt they will so his best bet is going to Boulder. Based on his play corner back play against NCCU, he's definitely going to need Deion to teach him more.

Will those other P5 schools allow him to play both sides of the ball like Deion though? I doubt they will so his best bet is going to Boulder. Based on his play corner back play against NCCU, he's definitely going to need Deion to teach him more.
Adoree played both ways at SC :nerd:

TLDR; Travis Hunter would be crazy not to choose the DAWGS!

leprechaun-alabama.gif

Seriously though, Georgia is a pretty easy sell. You get an opportunity to play for the number one team in the nation, Play in meaningful games on the biggest stage. A team known for its great culture. You would also get to play for the best coaches and coordinators in the nation.

We've put a lot of DBs in the league and had numerous All-Americans and national award winners in the defensive backfield.

He would be close to home.

Obviously there are a lot of reasons for him to go to other top schools as well. He's already played for Dion and has a great relationship with him. Deon is one of the few people on the planet who can relate to Travis's situation. Colorado circles shouldn't be seen as a lock to get Travis Hunter when looking at things objectively

Last edited:
The Athletic: What happens to Colorado’s unwanted commitments? It was a huge mess.

“It was hectic,” Mott said. “It was a huge mess. I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new (on-field) staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone. I was in a group chat with all the other commits and they were all I guess freaking out, too, because a lot of us had our options closed for months now being committed to Colorado. So we hadn’t reached out to any school. It was a whole big deal.”

“When Coach Dorrell was fired, (George) had said we were going to have our scholarship offers honored,” said Turner, who reportedly pushed away interest from Florida State because he was set on playing at Colorado. “I was surprised when I got the call. It was so late in the recruiting process. I wish I was told earlier.”

The Great Aggie Exodus has apparently relocated to Georgia Tech.

Andre White just landed there.

About 5 of them now.

Hunter smart if he really weighing his options…We don’t know the perks of being on a Deion team behind the scenes but just on the surface it’s situations if you going to a non HBCU school anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom