OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes back to the debate me and witnesskb24 witnesskb24 had about Fields. (I probably need to hold the L on that anyways, but I do think what we talk about when we talk about “development” is interesting, across all positions.)

Yeah everyone has a different view. I think we agreed that OSUs offense doesn’t develop a QB to have long term success in the NFL but it’ll make them look good enough to get in the NFL seeing as how it’s not your conventional pro style offense. The trouble with fields was reading all of his options and seeing the whole field right away

The interesting thing to me is to see if the NFL will go more to those types of offenses we see in college with the prototypical QB being able to scramble more than just being a stand in the pocket traditional passer

Yeah everyone has a different view. I think we agreed that OSUs offense doesn’t develop a QB to have long term success in the NFL but it’ll make them look good enough to get in the NFL seeing as how it’s not your conventional pro style offense. The trouble with fields was reading all of his options and seeing the whole field right away

The interesting thing to me is to see if the NFL will go more to those types of offenses we see in college with the prototypical QB being able to scramble more than just being a stand in the pocket traditional passer
They’re already moving that way. Bengals are basically running LSU’s offense from Burrow’s last year. Makes sense if you’re a franchise trying to build around what your guy has already shown he’s good at.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 With Jaxon officially out, here's your new avy, USC RB Austin Jones:

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 5.51.06 PM.png

Last edited:
That $5M number is definitely made up but schools were definitely trying to back channel pitch Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom