OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old man yelling at a cloud here… but I hate it when they have slogans on shirts that aren’t exactly grammatically correct. I’ve always disliked “We the north” instead of “we are the north” for the raptors… now my beloved buffs are following suit.

IMG_0498.jpeg

Are they going to rebrand to the Pac 10?

I think rebranding to the “PAC” would make more sense than calling yourself the PAC 12 with only 10 or 11 teams.
No word on a rebrand but it would make sense to take the number off.

Some talk that Kliavkoff was pursuing SDSU but some of the more academic schools didn’t like that they aren’t AAU and Oregon specifically felt that adding a team like that would only hurt the remaining schools’ playoff chances (losing to them would hurt more than beating them would help.)

This stuff is all cyclical. Everyone wants to spread you out right now.

All it takes is Harbaugh or someone like that coming in the league and running the ball down people’s throats for a superbowl and everyone will want to copy that. They may still not want to pay RBs though :lol:

The problem is that even if the pendulum swung back the other way, from a cost efficiency standpoint you’re still better off with a stable of cheap backs and investing in your OL.

I feel for these guys because of the damage they to do to their bodies in the league and college, but the writing was on the wall as soon as more guys with analytics backgrounds started getting jobs in FOs.

What’s next is going to be the plummeting draft stock/value of guys.

The problem is that even if the pendulum swung back the other way, from a cost efficiency standpoint you’re still better off with a stable of cheap backs and investing in your OL.

I feel for these guys because of the damage they to do to their bodies in the league and college, but the writing was on the wall as soon as more guys with analytics backgrounds started getting jobs in FOs.

What’s next is going to be the plummeting draft stock/value of guys.

The part that would be frustrating for running back is that the shift towards passing happened because of rule changes.

The rules of the NFL have changed to where you can't head quarterbacks, you can't be as physical with receivers within 5 yards and you can't hit defenseless receivers. Given all the rule changes to favor the passing game, of course it makes sense to pass the ball more often.

25 years ago when you could hit quarterbacks, manhandle receivers at the line and take their head off if they came over the middle, passing the ball was much more difficult so it made sense to run the ball more (and running backs for more valuable because of it).

The only good thing about media days is that they mean we’re ever closer to the season kicking off
I think media days can be good for some of the narrative and storyline building we see during the season.

And if you’re lucky you get some cattiness and **** talk too. There was a lot of it at pac 12 media days, though that conference is notoriously petty.

RB is probably the least important offensive position in the league next to TE. It’s 100% a passing league with the exception of teams like the Titans that still run heavy (and will never win a Super Bowl).

I think media days can be good for some of the narrative and storyline building we see during the season.

And if you’re lucky you get some cattiness and **** talk too. There was a lot of it at pac 12 media days, though that conference is notoriously petty.

I’m pretty sure media days is when the news broke about the Zack Smith stuff and lead to Urban leaving

1690227330833.png

The SEC hype train is setting Joe Milton up. He could go 9-3/8-4 and it’ll be seen as a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom