OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the same, mostly because of Clemson Q. I bit and took Clemson -19.5 somewhere there in the 1st quarter, but I'm not sure Clemson's D can score enough points. :lol:

I don't think GT will score again, but for Clemson to score they have to take the ball out of DJ's hands. imo Lean into the run, and wear GT down. They can break for 2 more TDs. I think they cover.

These wideouts don't help DJ at all
You finally seeing the vision again

SmartSelect_20220905_201651_Chrome.jpg

Convo going on in the Pac 12 boards:

“Rick Neuheisel mentioned a player on Cincinnati who began there, transferred out and came back. He said this is a possibility for roster management going forward if there are unlimited transfers (which he believes will happen).

Get a 3 star left tackle, have him sit behind a stud at your school for a year, send him to SDSU for 2 years to get seasoned and then bring him back for his final 2 years?”

Theoretical soccer loans in FBS. Some schools already use grey shirts/deferred enrollment like this.

Convo going on in the Pac 12 boards:

“Rick Neuheisel mentioned a player on Cincinnati who began there, transferred out and came back. He said this is a possibility for roster management going forward if there are unlimited transfers (which he believes will happen).

Get a 3 star left tackle, have him sit behind a stud at your school for a year, send him to SDSU for 2 years to get seasoned and then bring him back for his final 2 years?”

Theoretical soccer loans in FBS. Some schools already use grey shirts/deferred enrollment like this.

Interesting idea.

The receiving school certainly wouldn't be happy with this arrangement, knowing beforehand that they're going to spend years developing a player only to have him transfer back. In this scenario SDS you would require some type of compensation other than just having a 3-star player.

Also, the dynamics in a sport are different. Soccer players are still under contract and are collecting a salary from their home franchise, college kids aren't under contract. If a player wants to gain experience or want to change of scenery, why not just transfer? Why obligate yourself to returning? Also, in some cases the school may not want the player back after 2-3 years at a lower level, especially if they don't develop.

Last edited:
I know quarterback gets the majority of the attention but Clemson's offensive line and skilled position players aren't great either.

People forget that Georgia Tech is one of the worst teams in the P5 (Georgia and Notre Dame beat Tech by a combined 100-0 last season) and the fact that they were hanging with Clemson late into the third quarter should be troubling to them. I think Clemson takes another step back this season and goes 9-3

Rewatched the FSU/LSU game and If I’m LSU I’m going heavy RPO offensively going forward with Daniels & esp Nussmeier

The **** they’re trying to do now isn’t going to cut it w/ that OL and Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom