OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope DJ transfers and works on his game. Clemson wasn't a fit for him or he wasn't a fit for them but it's hard to watch him struggle.

One thing that stood out to me during the Georgia vs Oregon game was just how poorly Justin Flower and Noah Sewell played. Doesn't look like either has progressed much since they got on campus. A lot of Georgia's passes were short and relied on the ball carrier to make plays and Flowe and Sewell consistently missed tackles and we're out of position.

As a Georgia fan, I remember how disappointed I was when we missed out on those two but at this stage I rather have our current batch of inside linebackers

Last edited:
Justin Fields developed greatly, right? He still can’t read a defense :lol:

You right fields was terrible at OSU. I mean next to Lincoln who else is good with QBs? We ain’t pumping first rounders out like Miami but I’d say Stroud has a shot to go first round too *shrug*

You right fields was terrible at OSU. I mean next to Lincoln who else is good with QBs? We ain’t pumping first rounders out like Miami but I’d say Stroud has a shot to go first round too *shrug*
How did this turn into shots at Miami :lol:. Going first round =/= development. Fields balled at OSU and still can’t read a defense in the pros. Let’s keep the convo on task. How did Fields develop so greatly at OSU that he can’t read a defense still?

11296773.jpeg

How did this turn into shots at Miami :lol:. Going first round =/= development. Fields balled at OSU and still can’t read a defense in the pros. Let’s keep the convo on task. How did Fields develop so greatly at OSU that he can’t read a defense still?

You mean his rookie year behind one of, if not the, worst offensive lines in the NFL? You act like he’s been in the league for 7 years with that big of a reach statement

dacomeup dacomeup is this kids personal life still just in shambles or what’s the deal?
Based on all the HS talk it sounds like it. He was getting into even more trouble than even hit the public it sounds like.
You mean his rookie year behind one of, if not the, worst offensive lines in the NFL? You act like he’s been in the league for 7 years with that big of a reach statement
So you’re offering nothing in terms of scouts saying he doesn’t know how to read defenses? :lol:It’s completely fine but the back and forth is going nowhere when I asked one specific question and you got “whatabout” at every step. OSU’s/Meyer’s scheme is kind of known for not prepping QBs for the league. Who cares, y’all win tons of ballgames but this argument you’re offering isn’t good

Fields is getting better at reading defenses. Not great but the Bears haven't done enough on that side of the ball (o line and receivers)

College football programs don't put players in position to succeed in the NFL, they just put them in position to be drafted highly. That's all you can ask for. If college coaches developed quarterbacks, wouldn't we see a higher correlation between going to certain programs and having NFL success?

Looking at The starting quarterbacks in the NFL you'll see that it's a complete crap. Isn't a correlation between going to a certain school or conference, playing in a certain offensive scheme, going to a big time program or a smaller school. It's completely random and has more to do with the individual QB than anything else.

I believe that DJ would be better off going to a school like Ohio State because they would put him in position to succeed the college level and allow him to be drafted higher.

Free Justin Fields.

The Bears offense, all of it, is atrocious. Literally Kmet is their best pass catcher??

Dude is being set up to fail there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom