OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Cal clean up any silly political nonsense USC and UCLA might have faced?
USC isnt facing any political backlash. They're a private school. UCLA was facing bad press but there really was nothing that could have been done to them. Worst case, the UC regents may have pressured UCLA to subsidize/pay Cal to clean up their image, which some UCLA admins seemed to be in favor of, but they couldn't force them to do that.

I don't really see Cal as attractive to the B1G except as an academic and as a partner for Stanford who they do seem to like, and to shut ESPN and the PAC out of California in this round of tv and playoff bargaining. Still it'd be a little odd, if true, because it's an open secret that Cal doesn't want to continue supporting a football program. Though, maybe this financial incentive is enough.

If Cal is joining, it’s pretty much a sure thing that Stanford/UW/Oregon join too, right? Don’t know why they would ever take Cal without the others.

If Cal is joining, it’s pretty much a sure thing that Stanford/UW/Oregon join too, right? Don’t know why they would ever take Cal without the others.
Cal and Stanford in a way = San Francisco to them and have the big academia credentials. But would take the conference to 18. At that point they'd prob wait on Notre Dame and one more like a Miami or UNC for example to get the Charlotte area.

Oregon doesn't provide anything off the field. UW is in a good market and is a decent academic school but idk if it adds enough value to justify taking them over an ND or UNC. And would the B1G go over 20? I guess in theory maybe they relegate a school or two to make room? Can't assume that couldn't happen.

Before the new season starts ima need all y’all to kiss the ring. 😎

#TheyCantEraseWhatWeWere

CAB0EA94-8666-49BA-9D15-6AEC1E03C59A.jpeg

Randomly just saw on People that NT's 2nd favorite USC QB got married. Dude's been trying to establish himself as the shepherd for 5 star bust QBs and has been championing mental health and looking forward to life after the game.

Hudson Card gonna hold off Ewers?
I think we are in the same situation as last year to start the season. We will probably start Card because he looks good in practice and scrimmage but end up starting Ewers. I'm not sold on Card. Fans were hyping him up after we beat UL in the opener but I wasn't impressed and in showed the next week against Arkansas and afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom