OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restrepo out on Saturday for Miami. TBH, was anticipating Elijah Arroyo and the outside WRs needing to step up for Miami to really have a chance anyways. Have low expectations for the game given Miami’s recent history in big games and TAMU coming off a pretty embarrassing/stasticially misleading loss, but excited for the game nonetheless. Should’ve made a trip out of this one smh

Restrepo out on Saturday for Miami. TBH, was anticipating Elijah Arroyo and the outside WRs needing to step up for Miami to really have a chance anyways. Have low expectations for the game given Miami’s recent history in big games and TAMU coming off a pretty embarrassing/stasticially misleading loss, but excited for the game nonetheless. Should’ve made a trip out of this one smh

I'm rooting for my team in this game. I will let everyone know who that is after the final score is released

I haven’t heard an update - I thought it was going to be 24??

If you come out I’m a 10 min walk to the stadium - elpablo21 elpablo21 dakid23 dakid23 and I will make sure you are taken care of
Looks like it has been wiped from the schedule... You guys get the Buckeyes coming to you in 24 and looks like Michigan has Texas... Once the conferences reshape, this will all be reworked again is my guess... But if the Big10 takes Washington, I will for sure make it out there for that game.

Looks like it has been wiped from the schedule... You guys get the Buckeyes coming to you in 24 and looks like Michigan has Texas... Once the conferences reshape, this will all be reworked again is my guess... But if the Big10 takes Washington, I will for sure make it out there for that game.

Yeah it’s BS I wanted my UM boys out here - have a ton of friends that went there undergrad. My close friend just moved to Ann Arbor so that’s on the docket for next season.

Another victim of what's been going on with "Coach Frogg" Malachi Nelson's QB coach (also affiliated with Los Al and Bosco) who was arrested and charged with statutory rape last month. This kid's family was evicted from their home in Georgia and were homeless so he started searching for a new home and school. Frogg and his company promised the kid's family a house and car. Frogg was arrested and the company cut off all contact. Now California refuses to let him play football. It's all really horrible:

Around the time his family was evicted, Cunningham's father connected with representatives from Levels Sports Group, a would-be sports marketing company created to facilitate name, image and likeness deals, mostly for college and high school athletes.

"The Levels Team promised that the Cunningham family would have a home, transportation and meals in California," the filing states. "A promise was even made that the Levels Team would provide a separate home in Georgia for [Cunningham's] mother."

None of that materialized, according to the filing.

When Cunningham moved to California, he and his younger brother stayed at the home of Levels co-founder Chris "Coach Frogg" Flores, who was later arrested on Aug. 8 on multiple counts of sexual assault of a minor.

"After Flores was arrested, the Levels Team went completely dark and failed to respond to [Cunningham] and his family," the filing states. "Eventually, [Cunningham] asked that his contract with Levels be rescinded. Levels complied with this request.

"Now, [Cunningham] is homeless. He did not receive the NIL deals that were promised by the Levels Team. He has been victimized."

Caspino told ESPN that after he provided lawyers for the CIF-SS with a declaration to prove Cunningham's hardship on Wednesday, the CIF-SS moved the goalposts. According to Caspino, a representative for the CIF-SS told him that while the organization no longer objected to Cunningham's hardship claim, it had opened an undue influence investigation, during which Cunningham would remain ineligible.

It's also likely some of the other schools are colluding to block the transfer:

As part of the filing, Caspino included the body of an email addressed to Wigod, among others, on Sept. 6, complaining about Cunningham's transfer to Los Alamitos. The unknown author wrote, in part, "In football, building illegal mega teams becomes dangerous for players they face. Our concern is primarily focused on the possibility of exposure to devastating injuries while playing vs players such as TA Cunningham."
Ahhhh, so this is why they are holding up his immediately release to play. BRUTAL.

This whole thing is just bad. Frogg is gonna sing and there are some players out there who are probably scared what's going to come from his singing.

14524032.jpg

Interesting, a guy with connections to the Houston Fast 7on team was saying that there were whispers on Weigman being the guy
If I had to guess, the next month being a bloodbath probably dictated that’s not something they wanna put on his shoulders yet.

If I had to guess, the next month being a bloodbath probably dictated that’s not something they wanna put on his shoulders yet.

Jimbo is 100% safe right?

Barring a major disaster of a season of course. They have to give him another head or two with the big class I’d assume.

I only ask because one of the podcasts I listened to was saying if he doesn’t turn it around they’ll get rid of him and OF COURSE throw the bag at Urban like every school looking for a coach is going to do every year

Interesting, a guy with connections to the Houston Fast 7on team was saying that there were whispers on Weigman being the guy
I was telling my friends in the preseason it should be Max, Weigman/King. Weigman is the first elite elite QB Jimbo has recruited since Jameis and he’s gonna end up losing him either to baseball or the transfer portal if he keeps ******* around with another obvious bust of his (King). I think Weigman will sit behind Max as an established SEC starter, but nobody other than Jimbo has time to entertain King.

All this talk about firing Jimbo is so ******* stupid. He’s elevated the program to higher than it’s been since pre-WW2. He has a LOT of fixable flaws that he’s too stubborn to fix on his own. But I bet a guy like Buzbee can find a few things to help push him in the right direction now that the big money guys (and the Deshaun thing seems to be mostly over) are finally seeing all the **** us peons have been frustrated with for so long.

Last edited:
You think he’ll be the guy before the end of the year?
I think Max can play. Really good thrower. But they’ve got OL issues with Foster out, a young guy at LT that in all actuality isn’t ready, and he’s very prone to holding onto the ball too long and taking hits.

Plus, even if they split the next 4, are we really better off running out Max to play for another 8-4?

At that point, get Weigman ready to take over after the Bye week and move on.
Jimbo is 100% safe right?

Barring a major disaster of a season of course. They have to give him another head or two with the big class I’d assume.

I only ask because one of the podcasts I listened to was saying if he doesn’t turn it around they’ll get rid of him and OF COURSE throw the bag at Urban like every school looking for a coach is going to do every year
I just can’t see any way they dump 75m to shove him out then another bag to replace him.

A&M prints money, and oil and natural gas are probably due a long term hefty financial lift after Europe cuts off Russia but that’s still insanity.

At best it’s probably “oh you want this facilities upgrade? Here’s a list of OCs to consider.”

Jimbo will be fine. As long as he keeps them A&M yellers from dropping da N bomb he deserves to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom