OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all? 👀👀👀

Who is your school?

A4FBBD3C-DA6B-4DB9-B2C6-3B49F84A3FB2.jpeg

I know there's some Seattle folk in here. How y'all feeling about the Huskies, this weekend?

How are you all feeling about all this 2 SEC 2 B1G (UGA, Bama, tO$U, Mich) talk happening right now?

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 Bobby Layne Bobby Layne newbs24 newbs24 @swendro @heavyhitta10 atlsfinest atlsfinest

JJ definitely raises Michigan's ceiling. I think the 2 SEC, 2 B1G would be more likely is Michigan and Ohio State didn't play each other in the regular season. A 13-0 SEC champ and a 12-1 SEC runner up would certainly make it, 13-0 B1G champ and an 11-1 non division winner? Not so sure

A4FBBD3C-DA6B-4DB9-B2C6-3B49F84A3FB2.jpeg

I know there's some Seattle folk in here. How y'all feeling about the Huskies, this weekend?

Aw hell naw a Spartan trying to cause ruckus between the Buckeye and Michigan fans :lol:

Nah I’m not one of those off the wall buckeye fans like that, I can’t stand people who can’t handle criticism about Ohio State (which is 90% of our fanbase) I got into it last week when we got lept by UGA because this dude was so stuck on OSU being disrespected and wouldn’t address that UGA looked miles better. I straight up asked him who looked better and he kept saying “we played a higher ranked opponent!” :lol: I can’t handle clowns like that

Aw hell naw a Spartan trying to cause ruckus between the Buckeye and Michigan fans :lol:

Nah I’m not one of those off the wall buckeye fans like that, I can’t stand people who can’t handle criticism about Ohio State (which is 90% of our fanbase) I got into it last week when we got lept by UGA because this dude was so stuck on OSU being disrespected and wouldn’t address that UGA looked miles better. I straight up asked him who looked better and he kept saying “we played a higher ranked opponent!” :lol: I can’t handle clowns like that

I feel you :lol:. Fans can be ridiculous, especially these days. Some of the things I read on MSU boards just make me :smh:

Penix scares me. He ripped our secondary apart a couple years ago when he was at Indiana. And MSU is historically bad in west coast games. We'll see though.
Michigan gets throttled when they head West too... I think Sparty beats Washington but it gets weird out there from time to time

Why's Cam lying?

Obviously the rule of thumb is to never believe these 10 year plus post-mortems about where these guys would’ve went or wanted to go etc, especially when it’s documented that the guy clearly went to the school that offered the biggest bag

Obviously the rule of thumb is to never believe these 10 year plus post-mortems about where these guys would’ve went or wanted to go etc, especially when it’s documented that the guy clearly went to the school that offered the biggest bag

Yep. Auburn offers big bags. I’ve literally seen it with my own eyes back when I was in HS.

Another victim of what's been going on with "Coach Frogg" Malachi Nelson's QB coach (also affiliated with Los Al and Bosco) who was arrested and charged with statutory rape last month. This kid's family was evicted from their home in Georgia and were homeless so he started searching for a new home and school. Frogg and his company promised the kid's family a house and car. Frogg was arrested and the company cut off all contact. Now California refuses to let him play football. It's all really horrible:

Around the time his family was evicted, Cunningham's father connected with representatives from Levels Sports Group, a would-be sports marketing company created to facilitate name, image and likeness deals, mostly for college and high school athletes.

"The Levels Team promised that the Cunningham family would have a home, transportation and meals in California," the filing states. "A promise was even made that the Levels Team would provide a separate home in Georgia for [Cunningham's] mother."

None of that materialized, according to the filing.

When Cunningham moved to California, he and his younger brother stayed at the home of Levels co-founder Chris "Coach Frogg" Flores, who was later arrested on Aug. 8 on multiple counts of sexual assault of a minor.

"After Flores was arrested, the Levels Team went completely dark and failed to respond to [Cunningham] and his family," the filing states. "Eventually, [Cunningham] asked that his contract with Levels be rescinded. Levels complied with this request.

"Now, [Cunningham] is homeless. He did not receive the NIL deals that were promised by the Levels Team. He has been victimized."

Caspino told ESPN that after he provided lawyers for the CIF-SS with a declaration to prove Cunningham's hardship on Wednesday, the CIF-SS moved the goalposts. According to Caspino, a representative for the CIF-SS told him that while the organization no longer objected to Cunningham's hardship claim, it had opened an undue influence investigation, during which Cunningham would remain ineligible.

It's also likely some of the other schools are colluding to block the transfer:

As part of the filing, Caspino included the body of an email addressed to Wigod, among others, on Sept. 6, complaining about Cunningham's transfer to Los Alamitos. The unknown author wrote, in part, "In football, building illegal mega teams becomes dangerous for players they face. Our concern is primarily focused on the possibility of exposure to devastating injuries while playing vs players such as TA Cunningham."

Michigan gets throttled when they head West too... I think Sparty beats Washington but it gets weird out there from time to time

I forget the exact stat, but the B1G as a whole typically has trouble out west. Sitting in 100+ degree weather watching MSUs offense struggle to score points against a bad ASU team back in 2018 wasn't fun at all. :lol:

Wish I was going to the game this weekend, though. Seattle is a pretty cool city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom