Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

Dibella has no ties to any network.

Haney became a free agent after his last fight. Would’ve reupped with Matchroom had Dazn been willing to pay up. But he’s been so overpaid in the time that he was there, they were unwilling to continue. Which in hindsight is stupid…Haney may not move the needle, but the event itself would.

What I don’t understand about this deal is the rematch. Why would you agree to a rematch ALSO in Australia.

Mungia is gonna put Danny Jacobs to sleep for good. It'll be time to retire after that fight for him.

That would be 3 consecutive L's for him. He really lost that Rosado fight, Lost the Rider and now the young lion is gonna give him that L. Yikes

I wouldn't say he is a freak athlete in the traditional sense, but I've heard from several sources that he is strong. It is also impressive that he is about to turn 35 and there is no noticeable slippage in the ring.

Hes definitely a freak athlete. You can also add the fact that hes stopped every opponent at welterweight after starting his career at lightweight.

Most only usually look at the obvious freaks like prime RJJ. There are many more that fit the category imo. Tyson fury, Bud, Usyk, Beterbiev, and Boots are all what I'd consider freak athletes.

Golden Boy ain’t S*** for this one…

19AFD59E-327C-4A4E-BDEA-6A1D3CF0AA53.jpeg

Was waiting to see him crash down holding his lower back after his legs straightened up there, but that's just cuz I'm old and washed and it's what would've happened to me :lol:

Btw, can anyone tell me the predicted ME time for the GGG fight next Saturday? I know the card starts at like 5am ET, but not sure how long it's expected to run. I'm guessing like 7 or 8am, right?

Danny Garcia is a name and it helps build Crawford. And Danny has never been stopped just like Shawn Porter hadn't before he fought Crawford. Even at this stage of his career, if Bud stops two guys that have never been stopped in their careers, and that Errol fought and couldn't stop, it's definitely gonna add to the fight buildup. And there's little to no chance Danny gets the upset so there's that too.

It makes sense from the promotion standpoint.

Ugas might blow the whole thing up though, Errol Spence might be damn near be washed himself at this point. But I guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom