Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

Thats that fresh from the border fish scale right there lol.

Pure dominance from spence, mans was possessed and did what he said he would do. No excuses now to make that undisputed 147 match come true. Hope that tbud 2 fight contract with uncle al is true.

For the record im taking bud as of right now to come out on top. Imo buds the naturally better fighter, he wouldnt have stood there like ugas and not swing back. With his switch hitting stance, youll never know whats coming at you. This is coming from a huge spence fan.

Gotta give beacon ave south beacon ave south a shout out for posting the early access code for the Spence tickets back in February

Last night was my first live professional boxing match and it didn’t disappoint
Took my sons with me and they had a great time
The undercard was well put together
Fine women everywhere

When Errol came out and the entire stadium was rapping his walk in song, I could see reality set in on Ugas face that this wasn’t his night

Errol put on for the city like a MF’er last night
He gave the city what they wanted and needed
Worked Ugas from the opening bell until he couldn’t take no more
The stadium erupted when Errol called out Crawford

Ugas has no power, no movement, he isn't an attacking fighter, and covered up the rest of the night after tasting Errol's power. Had Pacquiao been 35 years old instead of 42 last August, Pac woulda shut both Ugas' eyes and beaten him easily.

Bud going to be the exact opposite of Ugas. Bud got head movement, he light on his toes, he can box, he can pulverize, he both orthodox and southpaw, he got speed, he got power, he a finisher, he is slick on defense, his reflexes are superior, basically Crawford is what you get if Floyd and Pacquiao had a baby.

Errol will have his hands full against Crawford no doubt and i don't see Spence pulling it off. Crawford by UD

Crawford might cover up too after he gets a taste of Errol power

To me last night Errol was mentally fighting Crawford
He was being very sound with his defense and didn’t allow himself to get wild and loose and leave himself open for a counter right hand

Got careless one time when he lost his mouthpiece and took two shots he should have never taken

Gotta give beacon ave south beacon ave south a shout out for posting the early access code for the Spence tickets back in February

Last night was my first live professional boxing match and it didn’t disappoint
Took my sons with me and they had a great time
The undercard was well put together
Fine women everywhere

When Errol came out and the entire stadium was rapping his walk in song, I could see reality set in on Ugas face that this wasn’t his night

Errol put on for the city like a MF’er last night
He gave the city what they wanted and needed
Worked Ugas from the opening bell until he couldn’t take no more
The stadium erupted when Errol called out Crawford
Dont think that was me fam. Thats a hell of a first fight to go to. Glad you and your boys enjoyed the experience. Went to Spence/Porter at Staples center few years back and that **** was rockin. It had to be 10x better fighting in your hometown with 60k+ of your peoples behind you.

Spence vs Crawford gonna be like Hearns/Hagler vs Leonard IMO.

Spence remind me of a combo of Hitman-Hagler, he a throwback fighter the way he breaks an opponent down. And Bud a lot like SRL. Styles are very similar and the old saying goes "Styles make fights"

Good performance last night by Errol. I hope we finally get to see the fight we've been asking for for almost 5 years now.

I have no idea what ugas was doing last night. They might as well have thrown in the towel after round 6 when he decided to stop throwing punches and just take unnecessary punishment. He was having success in the early rounds and doing good work.

Errol has clearly lost a step. Whether people realize it or not is another story but its clear as day. I think this is a situation where they attempted to wait crawford out hoping he lost a step and it backfired which IMO will be the biggest difference in the result of the fight if they ever really do fight. Crawford keeps getting better and errol has already peaked and declined. By the way I think crawford wouldve beaten errol no matter when they fought, but errols best chance wouldve been immediately after he beat lamont peterson. That fight was the end of the errol spence that was a monster in the ring.

EIther way, this is a GREAT stylistic matchup and will be a great fight. Ill take Crawford to stop Spence in rounds 10-12 if the fight happens. And if crawford does sign a 2 fight deal with PBC, I hope its a 2 fight deal vs spence. We dont need to see them waste time fighting anyone else besides each other.

Yeah people saying anything talking about Spence lost a step when that’s one of his best showings :lol: . That boy is ready and primed. Crawford ready and primed too.

We ready.

One of his best showings? Really? Against a dude who constantly made him miss in the early rounds and had him visibly hurt in the middle rounds even though hes known to have no punching power? Against a dude who threw no punches for the last 4 rounds of the fight. This fight doesnt rank high on my lists of his best performances at all but that's just me.

When did Ugas have Spence visibility hurt in the middle rounds?

You really trying to use the mouth piece snafu to form your narrative?

It was a bad look no doubt, but using that to prop up an argument that no punching power Ugas was delivering damage to Spence is just wild. :lol:

Idk about “constantly made him miss in the early rounds” either, but again, you obviously got a narrative to tell.

When did Ugas have Spence visibility hurt in the middle rounds?

You really trying to use the mouth piece snafu to form your narrative?

It was a bad look no doubt, but using that to prop up an argument that no punching power Ugas was delivering damage to Spence is just wild. :lol:

Idk about “constantly made him miss in the early rounds” either, but again, you obviously got a narrative to tell.

Did you actually watch the fight? You do know that errol got wobbled by a punch before the punch that knocked his mouthpiece out dont you? His mouthpiece was more than likely loose from that punch, not the punch that actually knocked knocked it out.

I'm a boxing fan, not a fanatic of boxers. I have no narrative to tell here. I'm only telling what I saw. You might have seen a different fight and that's ok.

Did you actually watch the fight? You do know that errol got wobbled by a punch before the punch that knocked his mouthpiece out dont you? His mouthpiece was more than likely loose from that punch, not the punch that actually knocked knocked it out.

I'm a boxing fan, not a fanatic of boxers. I have no narrative to tell here. I'm only telling what I saw. You might have seen a different fight and that's ok.

You’re saying a whole lot of nothing.

Your narrative is that Spence has lost a step. Those are your words. Most disagree.

You’re reasoning is that Spence got caught with one punch in a professional fight, and Ugas slipped him a few times in the early rounds?

Again, that’s what you’ve said.

You’re saying a whole lot of nothing.

Your narrative is that Spence has lost a step. Those are your words. Most disagree.

You’re reasoning is that Spence got caught with one punch in a professional fight, and Ugas slipped him a few times in the early rounds?

Again, that’s what you’ve said.
How is my opinion of what I see "a narrative"? That's some weird ****. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesnt mean someone is trying to push a certain narrative.

I'll try to explain this again since you're not understanding. I've been saying errol has lost a step for 3 years now. If you can show me where I said I believe he lost a step based on the fight last night then feel free. Again, I'm not saying hes DONE, im saying he lost a step. It's ok. It happens. Hes human. He was an alcoholic, blew up in weight between fights for years, admittedly didnt take boxing seriously for years, and was in a car accident where he should've died. Not to mention hes 32 and admits to struggling to make weight for years. With the facts I just mentioned, how is me saying he lost a step that far from reality for you lol? Again that's weird.

How is my opinion of what I see "a narrative"? That's some weird ****. Just because you disagree with an opinion doesnt mean someone is trying to push a certain narrative.

I'll try to explain this again since you're not understanding. I've been saying errol has lost a step for 3 years now. If you can show me where I said I believe he lost a step based on the fight last night then feel free. Again, I'm not saying hes DONE, im saying he lost a step. It's ok. It happens. Hes human. He was an alcoholic, blew up in weight between fights for years, admittedly didnt take boxing seriously for years, and was in a car accident where he should've died. Not to mention hes 32 and admits to struggling to make weight for years. With the facts I just mentioned, how is me saying he lost a step that far from reality for you lol? Again that's weird.

You're way too concerned over the word narrative. Call it whatever you want, your opinion, your take, whatever.

I understand just find Jack. You didn't communicate any of the reasoning you just laid out (which is rational and more than a fair take imo). I can't read your mind fam.

In response to your claim that Spence has lost a step, someone pointed out that last night was one of his strongest showings, and what you said is that that couldn't be, because Ugas showed some defense early and touched Spence up once (obviously I'm paraphrasing but for some reason I feel that needs to be stated).

That was the reasoning I disagreed with.

And as for Spence's past history, while I think it's valid to bring up, the best data point we have is his most recent fight, and last night his work rate and output were elite. He didn't look like he'd lost a step at all to me. Rewatching some clips now and his body work is such a pleasure to watch.

Yeah I still got Crawford. Spence is a workhorse but Bud is just the better boxer imo. Better puncher too, Bud has more power. Spence wears dudes down but he's not dropping folks hard with one shot.

I will say though, Spence stopping Ugas really surprised me. I still remember how he couldn't even drop Mikey and really didn't punish Danny either. He broke Ugas' orbital in the 6th or 7th though so that explains how lopsided the end of the fight was.

It was definitely impressive. Spence will make Bud work for the W for sure but I still see Bud as the better fighter. Might even stop Errol, but I guess we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom