Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

damn

gon be terrible if its true and the fight cant be done anytime soon because of it

The right thing imo would be 40/40 winner gets that extra 20

But Spence is the clear A side now. Just sold 40k and got 3 of the 4 belts. Crawford gonna have to be realistic about that. If he really wants the fight.

I always thought this was the way to do things. If both are confident they will win, what's the problem?

Aint no such thing.. all subjective. When bud was with espn, they **** rode him to the moon and even had him #1 p4p at one point before the porter fight.

if its any consolation ring magazine has bud 3rd and spence 5th for overall p4p

they have bud as 1 and spence as 2 in welters

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Crawford pretty much fight everybody Errol beat after Errol had already beaten them?

And if so he basically watched Errol give him the blueprint on how to beat those fighters

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Crawford pretty much fight everybody Errol beat after Errol had already beaten them?

And if so he basically watched Errol give him the blueprint on how to beat those fighters
Crawford has undisputed and held titles in three weight classes bro.

i think that's just brook and porter, brooks was arguably a broken man after golvkin and bud is the first one to stop porter

im not gon' pretend to be an expert so imma let yall discuss who had a the better resume

fight.png

Why do we care about resumes, draws, purses, etc? Crawford and Spence are clearly the best 2 fighters in the welterweight division and is the best fight that can be made in boxing. Shouldn't we just want to see them just get in the ring and not worry about the **** that doesnt even matter?🤷🏿‍♂️

its all part of the convo though, im with you thats why i said to just split it 50-50, no bs and fight to see whose the best

but some people asked and the conversation progresses

we all know everyone wants the fight to happen but a discussion on who is the best of the best or whose better is always going to be part of boxing especially when the two haesnt met in the squared circle

its not like anyone is saying "this dude has fought this dude while the other didnt so the fight shouldnt happen"

its just a discussion in a discussion forum

its all part of the convo though, im with you thats why i said to just split it 50-50, no bs and fight to see whose the best

but some people asked and the conversation progresses

we all know everyone wants the fight to happen but a discussion on who is the best of the best or whose better is always going to be part of boxing especially when the two haesnt met in the squared circle

its not like anyone is saying "this dude has fought this dude while the other didnt so the fight shouldnt happen"

its just a discussion in a discussion forum

Yeah I know. You're right. My fault, I didn't mean it the way it sounded.

I said that because I've always believed that these topics are just a way for fighters and promoters to have excuses to delay fights. Ive seen people debating these things with spence vs crawford for 4 years now.

For example, I think jaron ennis can beat both crawford and spence right now if he got the opportunity regardless of his resume. I'm not saying he WOULD win, but he definitely can win regardless of who he hasnt fought. That's why fights are fought in the ring and not on paper.

i get it, in an era where the best doesnt always fight the best, especially in their prime, we are often left to speculate

at least with this one, they are inching to going head to head but in the meantime we can only compare opponents and wins to see who truly is the best

word is bud has two fight deal and that garcia was suppose to be his next fight so it looks like spence is going to have to wait which sucks but just got to hope dude pulls off a golovkin and spence comes to the right after bud beats garcia to announce the unification

I hear you.

Neither crawford or Spence have any signature wins, which is why they both need each other. Spence might have more well known names on his resumes to casual fans, but that doesnt necessarily mean hes fought better fighters or has better wins.

Crawford is by far the more accomplished fighter. We can say Spence has a better resume. Figure out a split and sign the contract.

Crawford has undisputed and held titles in three weight classes bro.
I dont know a lot about Crawford's early years and I'm clueless when it comes to the smaller weight classes

Did he beat all of the top fighters in those weight classes during their prime?

Back
Top Bottom