Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

yeah the wide card for charlo on the first fight was ridiculous but i do remember castano had the first 6 and then charlo had the second half so i had issue with a draw

i guess in my mind im thinking its gon' be a continuation of that fight and charlo gon' go like the second half of the last bout

aint GGG VS canelo signed know matter what ?

i think has a 2 fight deal with the dazn and if canelo exercises the rematch clause then that would be the second match which i wouldnt be surprised because he really, really doesnt want to fight ggg anymore

but if i were him, id take on the 40yr old instead and win convincingly to end all the talks of the past fights and then move on to the big offers against the other middles/super middles

i feel bad for GGG, he would have lost but at least he'd gotten paid big before retirement

im curious if that 6fight/$100m deal with the dazn is legit but i wouldnt be surprised if a big chunk of that deal was for the canelo fight

i feel bad for GGG, he would have lost but at least he'd gotten paid big before retirement

im curious if that 6fight/$100m deal with the dazn is legit but i wouldnt be surprised if a big chunk of that deal was for the canelo fight

He got $15 mil ($7.5M in cash, $7.5M in DAZN parent company equity) for the Rolls and Derevyanchenko fights, then for Szeremeta he took a 50% pay cut from that. He got around $20mil for Murata. He was expected to get around $30 mil for Canelo. Only boxers that have earned more than GGG in recent yrs have been Canelo, AJ, Fury, Manny, Wilder and if you count Floyd

im kinda glad canelo lost... not because I dont like him... I actually think he is a really good boxer... Im just not into watching a 3rd fight with GGG tbh

we were talking about not being able to KO mikey

you said spence wasnt going for KO

i posted proof that he was going for a KO and failed

thats the point

he couldnt even KO a smaller guy before the accident when he was 100% and no injury to his body, that says more than if he couldnt KO mikey after the accident

its a ridiculous notion, so he accidentally took out Ugas early?

i cant even believe this is a boxing argument, dont wanna KO the opponent and risk get KOd yourself with a lucky shot or get hurt or add unnecessary mileage and damage to your body
Yall were making a point that if Spence couldn't KO Garcia then how am I so confident he's going to beat Crawford

I made the case that he's a different fighter since the accident and he's not looking for KO's so anything before the accident is irrelevant

im not gon keep going in circles with you though, lets just wait til the fight happens and see who comes out on top

Late take on the nelo fight: he got dominated, period. I had it 9-3 or even 8-4 if im being super super generous. He finally met someone who utilized his height and reach and didnt let canelo dictate the pace. For every shot canelo landed, bivol had 2 or 3 in response. Mid way through the fight you can tell canelo was visibly frustrated and looked a bit winded. 115-113 across the board is absolutely dog ****, had nelo remotely made that 12th round close, we would've had a draw. Crap like that makes me embarrassed to be a fan.

Its also funny to read some of the "oh I told you so sauls a hype job" responses in here. How can you hate on someone whos trying to achieve greatness by gettin in the ring with an elite champion in a weight class he knows he doesnt belong in? How many fighters today are doing that? Yall act like he didn't just clean out a division of unbeaten world champs. Misery loves company I guess. And miss me with that benavidez, mall, and Doo Doo talk. Them boys havent done **** but act like groupies wanting to get into canelos hotel room. I guarantee none of them fools would even entertain gettin in the ring with bivol (cept for david maybe)

Benavidez has no one to blame but himself for losing that belt, and Mall really has done nothing outside a solid win against Derev to suggest that he’d even hang with Canelo at 168. I don’t think he took the fight all that seriously but still it’s a bad look to let a guy Mungia KO’d in two rounds go 12 with you.

Very impressive gate for an opp like Tagoe

Ryan Garcia vs Emmanuel Tagoe (04/09/22)
Gate - $1,307,735.00

Its also funny to read some of the "oh I told you so sauls a hype job" responses in here. How can you hate on someone whos trying to achieve greatness by gettin in the ring with an elite champion in a weight class he knows he doesnt belong in? How many fighters today are doing that? Yall act like he didn't just clean out a division of unbeaten world champs. Misery loves company I guess. And miss me with that benavidez, mall, and Doo Doo talk. Them boys havent done **** but act like groupies wanting to get into canelos hotel room. I guarantee none of them fools would even entertain gettin in the ring with bivol (cept for david maybe)

He is a hypejob though? How is me or anyone else speaking my opinion about his career "hating on him" lol? You may disagree and that's fine. And let's be real, NO ONE was labeling Bivol an "elite champion" like you're labeling him until he schooled canelo on saturday night. If they were, then canelo wouldnt have been a 5 to 1 betting favorite🤷🏿‍♂️.

The FACT is this was simply a cherry pick gone wrong. It happens. Canelo thought he could win another light heavyweight title, then wait on beterbiev to show more slippage and then try to unify the light heavyweight division. Hes been spot picking for years and that's just a fact.

It's funny that now that he lost, its "a weight class he doesnt belong in". No one said that when he stopped a washed kovalev that he spot picked.

You want to give canelo credit for beating "undefeated world champs" but then you criticize andrade charlo and benavidez and say they haven't done **** lol. Plant, smith, and saunders haven't done **** either. I'll say it again, canelo fighting and beating all of the top competition in and around his weight class wouldve been wayyyyy more difficult and impressive than unifying super middleweight from 2019-2021 which is one of the weakest divisions in history. I dont even need to add that he won the belt benavidez lost on the scale without actually beating anyone for belt.

I also don't get why people are high on Andrade. He's 34 and doesn't have a single notable name on his record.
He has the most trash resume. Not a single former world champion. Boy fought in an empty arena after a social media clown.

Yup, resume is trash and I'd still pick him to beat canelo🤷🏿‍♂️

Jaron ennis has almost 30 pro fights and his resume is trash. And I think he can beat everyone at welterweight if they fought today. Who did Vernon Forrest beat before he whopped shane mosely twice when mosely was the #1 p4p fighter in the world? Resumes mean nothing when it comes to head to head matchups. That **** is just there for fans to talk about and give fighters excuses to duck certain fighters and delay certain fights. That's why fights are fought in the ring and not on paper.

Yup, resume is trash and I'd still pick him to beat canelo🤷🏿‍♂️

Jaron ennis has almost 30 pro fights and his resume is trash. And I think he can beat everyone at welterweight if they fought today. Who did Vernon Forrest beat before he whopped shane mosely twice when mosely was the #1 p4p fighter in the world? Resumes mean nothing when it comes to head to head matchups. That **** is just there for fans to talk about and give fighters excuses to duck certain fighters and delay certain fights. That's why fights are fought in the ring and not on paper.

I'm having trouble remembering what Andrade's style even looks like. It's been so long since he's been in the ring, I don't remember being impressed by anything he did. Would I like to see the fight? Yes, it'd still be an intriguing matchup to me. Your record isn't an absolute definition of who you are, but without ever being tested it's pure speculation, at least with the guys who have gotten in the ring and proved where they stand you can make a guess from previous points.

There are so many great/solid fights in 160-168, there's too much waiting around for big fights for my taste. Not only Andrade, but some others could have built a nice name for themselves and positioned themselves for bigger chances.

Andrade only a champ because Billy Joe vacated that belt. Since then he’s fought Akavov, Sulecki, Luke Keeler, Liam Williams and Quigley. Dude is nowhere near having a good name on that resume. If he can’t find comp since everyone “duckin” him time to move up to 168. You got Benavidez, Plant, even a dude like John Ryder who he can try and run it with

Dimitry Bivol has 20 pro fights and his best win is against joe smith jr who is a one dimensional fighter who can punch. A fight he won 11 rounds and dominated 95% of the fight. Was he "proven" before he just dominated canelo? Also, who did he fight on his resume to prepare him for a fighter like canelo? I'd like as many people to answer these questions if possible.

Dimitry Bivol has 20 pro fights and his best win is against joe smith jr who is a one dimensional fighter who can punch. A fight he won 11 rounds and dominated 95% of the fight. Was he "proven" before he just dominated canelo? Also, who did he fight on his resume to prepare him for a fighter like canelo? I'd like as many people to answer these questions if possible.
i think he beat Sullivan Barrera, Jean Pascal, and like you said Smith Jr. Those are already better wins than a lot of dudes in other divisions resumes but proven probably depends on who you ask since a lot people like to be haters just because he's not super known outside of boxing circles. Pascal has held 3 belts and the lineal title in LHW. Smith Jr, tho one dimensional has the other belt that Beterbiev doesn't have yet. Barring some crazy **** we'll get Bivol vs Beterbiev for undisputed

im not gon keep going in circles with you though, lets just wait til the fight happens and see who comes out on top
Aint no circles

You kept bringing up KOs but seem to not understand that dudes train and spar for 100s of hours to be able to go the distance if necessary

Wealthiest boxer of all time rarely knocked anyone out

Crawford aint on Errol level and it will show when they fight 🦈

Aint no circles

You kept bringing up KOs but seem to not understand that dudes train and spar for 100s of hours to be able to go the distance if necessary

Wealthiest boxer of all time rarely knocked anyone out

Crawford aint on Errol level and it will show when they fight 🦈

nah you just a blind spence stan (thats clear now) and thats fine, looks like he’s a hometown hero too so thats cool, show your support

i have no dog int he fight, i just say it as i see it, im a big fan of both and just want to see the fight, i could care less who wins

but nothing youve said lately have been logical or made sense outside of your head thats why theres no point in going back and forth

wealthiest boxer didnt get KOs as a rebuttal :rofl:

Last edited:
rewatching charlo/castano 1 (with a benefit of replays and some after match commentary)

1st - castano (just landed a few more punches but could go either way as only 10 punches were landed total
2nd - charlo gets it as he had castano staggered
3rd - castano stole it late when it looked like he hurt charlo
4th - could go either way but it looks like castano had hit the better shots in the end
5th - another close one but castano throws a flurry in the end but it was mostly charlo in control
6th - i give this one to charlo, it feels close but its he looks like he is in control most of the round
7th - good back and forth, castano getting closer with good combos so i give it to him
8th - castano got a few solid hits in there early and charlo returned with pot shots
9th - charlos jabs vs castanos consistent flurries, i give it to castano for being busier
10th - both got big shots in early but advantage charlo as he has castano hurt, could be a 10-8
11th - charlo bringing it heavy now, he smells blood and has shut down castanos attack
12th - charlo using his reach and jabbing and spacing, both got clipped but charlo takes it

the fights in the first half is pretty much mostly charlo in control in early rounds and then castano does the flurry in the end so i can see where the votes could swing

the second half more or less castano got busier throughout the whole round and still finishing with the flurry

i can see why its a draw, control vs flurry, jabs and well placed shots vs constant attack and combos even if it misses but one judge for sure preferred charlos thudding punches even when it hit the gloves or misses completely

castano hit charlo more and some did have substance but charlo was more in control and just had that stopping power

coming into the 12th, its castano 6 to 5 rds on my card and charlo finishes strong and a carry over from the 10th and 11th so it ends ina. draw for me

i still have charlo winning in the rematch because he’s just bigger and stronger out there with decent defense and i think he can just take it up a notch with more jabs and more power shots like he did in the later rounds and win if not get a few knock downs in the process

Back
Top Bottom