OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aye man, it’s FSU hate week I’m rooting for Dabo Luther King this weekend. Sorry ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis
IMG_0348.jpeg

I feel bad for Colorado fans in the long term. We know damn well Deion is not going to be there long term, unfortunately.

Its how I feel about Lincoln. Thrilled as hell he's USC"s coach right NOW, but I don't expect him to be there for more than 2 more seasons, if that. NFL is going to come calling. There are some terrible NFL coaches (see Brandon Staley) and I don't think McVay is going to stick around much longer. Just examples.

Don’t feel bad for us. We are all in, even though we know we are a stepping stone to wherever he actually wants to end up. Everybody in general thinks it’s a 1 or 2 year stop, and none of us will be angry if/when he leaves. The excitement around the school is unlike anything I’ve seen in the last 20 years of me going to games. This past weekend was insane. They’ve oversold the capacity of the stadium the last two home games, and it was wild inside.

Here is a photo I took from about 10 min before kickoff on Saturday.
IMG_2578.jpeg

We don’t discriminate, we love our bandwagon full. Skooooooo Buffs!

A 10:00 AM Local time game? :smh: :lol:

Deion got broadcasters and networks deep in their bags.

When I was in the dorms on campus (freshman year) they played USC at 10AM in Folsom as well. That mother ******* USC band walked around campus at like 6AM blasting that one stupid song that they play every 2 minutes during games. That song is forever imprinted in my head from the trauma it caused after waking up hung over and trying to get a few extra hours of sleep before pregaming for the game.

Buffs lost big that day too :smh:

Don’t feel bad for us. We are all in, even though we know we are a stepping stone to wherever he actually wants to end up. Everybody in general thinks it’s a 1 or 2 year stop, and none of us will be angry if/when he leaves. The excitement around the school is unlike anything I’ve seen in the last 20 years of me going to games. This past weekend was insane. They’ve oversold the capacity of the stadium the last two home games, and it was wild inside.

IMG_2578.jpeg

How does the ticketing work

Do students get free tickets? The resale value on these games has been insane

When I was in the dorms on campus (freshman year) they played USC at 10AM in Folsom as well. That mother ****ing USC band walked around campus at like 6AM blasting that one stupid song that they play every 2 minutes during games. That song is forever imprinted in my head from the trauma it caused after waking up hung over and trying to get a few extra hours of sleep before pregaming for the game.

Buffs lost big that day too :smh:

IMG_2578.jpeg

Yeah this is every bit of awesome. 🔥

With West Coast, Pacific time zone schools going to the Big Ten does this mean those West Coast schools like USC and UCLA well basically never have a night game (starting at 7-7:30 PT) again?

I would imagine the Big ten broadcast partners already aren't a big fan of games that start at 7pm PT/10 pm ET and the Big ten tends to put their marquee matchups earlier in the day.

Interesting discussion here about the future of Deion Sanders. I'm not sure if a blue blood program would allow Coach prime to do his thing. The only reason Colorado is allowing it is because they are desperate and had hit rock bottom. They needed any injection of life they could get.

It would be interesting to see how Coach prime would do at a program with peak resources but I don't think a traditional blue blood would allow Deion to be as boisterous as he is. The only reason this whole thing works is because Colorado lets Deion run the program exactly how he wants to.

Is Texas a&m desperate enough and is the fan base / donor base amenable to the Coach Prime experience? Personally, I don't think so. Programs like that want to win but more importantly they want to win their way.

This wouldn't work if they tried to turn Coach prime into a milquetoast, normal acting and normal sounding coach.

They aren't a blue blood blood but Michigan State is a P2 program with a larger fan base, more resources and more recent success than Colorado. Would they give Coach Prime a shot?

“Sarcastic hater vibe” :lol:.

Like I said, there a VALID critiques of Deion that you have been unwilling to engage in. Deion being a Black coach doesn’t absolve him of any of the same **** that I’d criticize any white coach for. And just because he’s done “tangible things” in the community doesn’t excuse the real examples of things like Prime Prep as well. You haven’t spoken about any of this with nuance. You’re just a Stan, and that’s cool.
There are valid critiques of everyone who has ever lived. Ever.

Something I've learned, though, and still learning: taking someone for just their imperfections is cheap and easy. Evaluating their net positive and holding it against their criticisms is a more fair evaluation of whether you consider someone a positive influence or not. It's not ignoring their imperfections; It's acknowledging that imperfection is a common variable that exists for everyone who has ever been born, so don't stop there.

I'm here for every bit of what Deion is doing, imperfection and "valid criticisms" aside.

Back
Top Bottom