OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Best Buckeye

lol

OR Ohio State found out Michigan has been cheating, and because Ryan Day needs to explain back to back losses to his boosters, he hired private investigators, collected evidence then got the rest of the conference’s teams on board with turning UM in.

I think it's a pretty fair over/under. From the looks of things now I see the Trojans having six losable games.
Who’s going to be our QB next year? Who’s going to be our DC? Now answer those same questions for those 6 opponents.

You can’t name USC or UW’s backup QB’s, but you can see the outcome of that game in 2024.

Who’s going to be our QB next year? Who’s going to be our DC? Now answer those same questions for those 6 opponents.

You can’t name USC or UW’s backup QB’s, but you can see the outcome of that game in 2024.

9/1 LSU (Vegas)
9/21 at Michigan
9/28 Wisconsin
10/12 Penn State
11/2 at Washington
11/23 at UCLA
11/30 Notre Dame

I know USC's backup QB is Malachi Nelson and if he's not the starter next year something disastrous has happened. Don't know the same situation for Washington. Also, the entire season doesn't hinge on a QB. I can look at USC's roster and compare their roster to those other teams.

Based on roster construction it's easy to see which games are losable (I never said they will certainly lose) and which ones are not.

I don't know who Alabama's quarterback is next season but I know when Georgia plays at Alabama next year it will be a losable game.

lol

OR Ohio State found out Michigan has been cheating, and because Ryan Day needs to explain back to back losses to his boosters, he hired private investigators, collected evidence then got the rest of the conference’s teams on board with turning UM in.

Totally agree but I’m gonna let him cook

If this was OSU the backlash would be 10x worse in the media and Michigan fans would be flapping their gums nonstop about Day needing to be fired and integrity of the game and yada yada yada. Same way they did with the tattoo situation that apparently helped OSU win games

Let’s not act like that suspension was given to Harbaugh by the NCAA. Michigan said they’d suspend him 4 games and the NCAA turned it down so they, for whatever reason, suspended him 3 games.

The universities just need to break away from the NCAA as it provides no benefit whatsoever. All they do is throw out terrible rules and attack universities.
I’m with this, but how do we figure uniform rules and structure moving forward with that idea? I am NO NCAA fan, but I also realize half the reason they look bafoonish is because in this sport very few want to follow general rules and it’s constant investigations, large or small, with this now new model we’re seeing of “our lawyers are smarter than your investigators.”

I mean, we rag on the previous NCAA v Harbaugh situation but let’s be real, you have an agreed dead period during the pandemic. Harbaugh thumbs his nose at that. Then gets caught, “what’s the big deal” and then lies to investigators about it. Then the NCAA kinda has to do something. They do, although oddly, and we say can you believe this org goes after coaches for burgers. Then - Schools generally agree to scouting measures. Harbaugh’s “program” blatantly cheats on that and got caught, Harbaugh pleads ignorance. Now the NCAA or B1G conference has to figure out another punishment for this. - which half the country will think is a joke either punishment they decide. Who is gonna blink first here? And we think leaving and forming some new league actually will be better? Big Ten and SEC cant agree on what time it is, let alone forming a new model w commish and rules and investigator system.

9/1 LSU (Vegas)
9/21 at Michigan
9/28 Wisconsin
10/12 Penn State
11/2 at Washington
11/23 at UCLA
11/30 Notre Dame

I know USC's backup QB is Malachi Nelson and if he's not the starter next year something disastrous has happened. Don't know the same situation for Washington. Also, the entire season doesn't hinge on a QB. I can look at USC's roster and compare their roster to those other teams.

Based on roster construction it's easy to see which games are losable (I never said they will certainly lose) and which ones are not.

I don't know who Alabama's quarterback is next season but I know when Georgia plays at Alabama next year it will be a losable game.

Malachi Nelson is not USC’s backup QB. He’s also limited with a shoulder injury he’s had since before his junior year of high school.

You can look at USC’s roster and tell which games are losable based on roster construction? So you could have looked at our roster in 2021 and predicted what it would look like in 2022? Last year you would have looked at our roster and known we’d take Bear from you?

If you don’t think the whole season hinges on a QB, ask elpablo21 elpablo21 what happens if Penix rolls his ankle scooting to the team facility today. Ask any LSU fan what their record is without Jayden Daniels.

By the same “losable” game analysis, Georgia has 7 on their schedule next year right?

Last edited:
lol

That’s a good conspiracy, what’s your username on the Mgoblue boards?

Sean Lewis isn’t the reason that OL is trash.
Good luck getting top coordinators to come in when you strip your OC, who gave up his HC job and was a huge reason behind you overachieving early, of playcalling duties 8 games into the season. This is a cutthroat business for sure but Deion seeming a little Darryl Morey-ish with his lack of understanding of the people part of the business so far.

Good luck getting top coordinators to come in when you strip your OC, who gave up his HC job and was a huge reason behind you overachieving early, of playcalling duties 8 games into the season. This is a cutthroat business for sure but Deion seeming a little Darryl Morey-ish with his lack of understanding of the people part of the business so far.

So you agree? Coordinators shouldn't be stripped of duties mid season?

agree.jpg

Malachi Nelson is not USC’s backup QB. He’s also limited with a shoulder injury he’s had since before his junior year of high school.

You can look at USC’s roster and tell which games are losable based on roster construction? So you could have looked at our roster in 2021 and predicted what it would look like in 2022? Last year you would have looked at our roster and known we’d take Bear from you?

If you don’t think the whole season hinges on a QB, ask elpablo21 elpablo21 what happens if Penix rolls his ankle scooting to the team facility today. Ask any LSU fan what their record is without Jayden Daniels.

By the same “losable” game analysis, Georgia has 7 on their schedule next year right?

No need to get so sensitive about it. I think USC is a good team with a tough schedule next season.

I point to roster construction and don't talk about individual players because each individual player doesn't make that big of a difference. You guys took Bear Alexander from us and your defense is just as bad because one defensive lineman doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I think Georgia has four losable games next season:

Tennessee, @Bama, @Texas and Clemson

Texas better watch out as well. KSU always plays them tough.

I'm sure I could be proven wrong but I have a feeling there was a reason 99% of the rest of the Power 5 schools passed on Prime and the reason why CU didn't was because they were desperate.

You always find out more about a person when things are going bad when they are going good.

Back
Top Bottom