OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day and Harbaugh both fired. PSU and Iowa in the B1G title game, America needs that
The mastermind behind it all:

1699109998562.jpeg

Oregon is using what is described as the "Hawaii exception" and opening the season @ Hawaii in Week 0 which means they are playing 13 regular season games next season. This also means Oregon has two bye weeks in the middle of the season.

I don't understand what advantage this gives Oregon. It's not like they have a difficult week 1 opponent. All this does is put your players in harm's way and gives them more opportunity to get injured. We all know that Hawaii is one of the worst teams in FCS but this seems unnecessary. Is this about stat accumulation? Just more tune-up games? Is having two bye weeks that big of an advantage?

Oregon is using what is described as the "Hawaii exception" and opening the season @ Hawaii in Week 0 which means they are playing 13 regular season games next season. This also means Oregon has two bye weeks in the middle of the season.

I don't understand what advantage this gives Oregon. It's not like they have a difficult week 1 opponent. All this does is put your players in harm's way and gives them more opportunity to get injured. We all know that Hawaii is one of the worst teams in FCS but this seems unnecessary. Is this about stat accumulation? Just more tune-up games? Is having two bye weeks that big of an advantage?

Wait so they play an extra game just to get two bye weeks?

Wait so they play an extra game just to get two bye weeks?

That's what I'm saying. I don't understand the rationale. Why would it seem *want* to Play additional games. Why add to the already difficult grind of the regular season? Hawaii is cheeks but why risk it? They don't play a decent team for the first month of the season.

Ryan Day on the phone with Thamel in the locker room. Gonna need to push the next article up to 4 PM today.

Back
Top Bottom