OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There were quite a few NR athletes from the newest B1G additions that voiced their displeasure about having to play across the country now. Mainly being their families on the west coast wouldn’t see them nearly as much and the fact they are student athletes and it’s tough on their mental health with all that travel

Do the kids that play NR sports at Stanford really care about what conference they are in?

I mean I’m sure if you asked they’d rather be in the old PAC 12 over the MWC, but the cope that being in the ACC is going to give them a significant recruiting advantage in those sports sounds like nonsense. Those kids are going to Stanford because it is Stanford.

This move is being made for football, because football drives the bus at that school just like it does everywhere else.
I think the locality and ease of family attending games matters more for non revenue athletes than football and basketball. But outside of title IX requirements they also don’t really have any say because they’re treated as if they wouldn’t exist but for the generosity of football. If football loses money, so do they.

There were quite a few NR athletes from the newest B1G additions that voiced their displeasure about having to play across the country now. Mainly being their families on the west coast wouldn’t see them nearly as much and the fact they are student athletes and it’s tough on their mental health with all that travel
Yea, and think about some of these kids who play sports that have series or multi day events. That makes for absolutely brutal travel. This **** is all stupid corporate greed

SMU buying their seat back at the table.

Love to see it :pimp:
Giving themselves the damn death penalty with no media rights income for 7 years :smh:

Gotta think they’ve had several boosters vow to make up the difference for that period to make it work.

Giving themselves the damn death penalty with no media rights income for 7 years :smh:

Gotta think they’ve had several boosters vow to make up the difference for that period to make it work.

Just imagine it’s 5 years in and somehow the ACC dissolves, that would be terrible.

But I do wonder how much they make per year in their current conference to be able to not worry it for 7 years. The ACC money must be great compared to what they’re currently making

Just imagine it’s 5 years in and somehow the ACC dissolves, that would be terrible.

But I do wonder how much they make per year in their current conference to be able to not worry it for 7 years. The ACC money must be great compared to what they’re currently making
The old AAC deal only paid like $2MM per year, new one that started a few years ago only jumped up to like $7MM. I thought it was quite a bit higher, so they can definitely get boosters to cover that.

They're gonna have to have their boosters step up huge for a few years.

But what's the AAC media rights payout? Isn't it like $7-8m a year per team after their new deal a few years back? You're gambling ~$50m over 7 years for future payouts of $30m+ AND a seat at the table that TCU and Texas have shoved you away from at every opportunity for two+ decades now if the ACC survives?

They'll be fine. Very worthy gamble.

Kid's an idiot.

1. They're not USC.
2. If he turns 21 on Saturday he's going to be out Friday night well into Saturday morning ripping shots like the 4 horsemen and navy seal. Why the **** would he want a noon kickoff.
3. Both those teams ******* suck and Bama v. Tennessee, Penn State v. Ohio State, and the TCU v. KSU big12 CCG rematch is that day. They're not going to be a primetime game.
4. Trolling or not, the kid sounds like he sucks too.

Kid's an idiot.

1. They're not USC.
2. If he turns 21 on Saturday he's going to be out Friday night well into Saturday morning ripping shots like the 4 horsemen and navy seal. Why the **** would he want a noon kickoff.
3. Both those teams ****ing suck and Bama v. Tennessee, Penn State v. Ohio State, and the TCU v. KSU big12 CCG rematch is that day. They're not going to be a primetime game.
4. Trolling or not, the kid sounds like he sucks too.

Bro relax.

All this **** prob gonna revert in 10-15 years anyway. It’s all cyclical. They’re banking on establishing themselves as a P5 again so when that happens they won’t be shoved back down.
This is one of the many times that I agree with you. It is going to be very interesting when the top dogs in these super conferences no longer want to split the TV deal money with mediocre and bad programs and they form their invitation only conference where billionaires and millionaires burn money for kicks.

SMU is an afterthought in 98% of Dallas outside of one really wealthy area. Like they really might be the 7th or 8th most popular team in DFW. Such a zero value add, but if they’re willing to play for free then cool. :lol:

Was just reading that :smh:

What’s up with the walk on WR? Hearing he’s super quick and been catching everything

This just puts Georgia in a tough spot because we were already very thin running back, even before this injury:

Kendall Milton is talented but constantly injured (currently nursing an injury)

Andrew Paul is coming back after a devastating leg injury that made him miss all of last season so he may not be 100%

Daijun Edwards currently has an MCL sprain

I think we're going to have to rely on the true freshman Roderick Robinson a lot more than expected to.

We have a walk on running back named Cash Jones who is supposed to actually be getting a lot of playing time. He was really effective in the spring game. We're also going to be using our other walk-on running back Sevaughn Clark quite a bit.

Fortunately for us, Georgia has an elite offensive line and a pretty easy schedule so I'm not sure how big of a difference it will make until the postseason.

Harbaugh out his damn mind putting his dad on staff 🤣… So confused by everything he does but as long as he keeps getting Ws I’m good with it

2b6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom