OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

For my civil lawyers, USC is joining Bush’s petition (it left out some things that came out in the McNair suit) :

PETITION FOR RECONSIDERATION

The University of Southern California (“USC”) and Reginald A. Bush, II (“Bush”), through undersigned counsel, respectfully petition under NCAA Bylaw 19.11.4 (2023) for reconsideration of the 2010 decision of the Committee on Infractions vacating wins of the USC football team and vacating Bush’s personal records and eligibility (Penalty Nos. 5 and 8 only). See NCAA Committee on Infractions, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC INFRACTIONS REPORT 57–58 (June 10, 2010) (“Report”).

USC joins in this Petition insofar as its participation is required to overcome any standing issue and joins in the request to vacate Penalty Nos. 5 and 8. See NCAA June 21, 2022 letter Re: Bush Reconsideration Request. USC defers to Bush and undersigned counsel for the substance of the Petition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can read the entire petition here: https://mccathernlaw.com/wp-content...on-for-Reconsideration-of-the-2010-Report.pdf

Last edited:
200.gif

Yeah I can’t see the big schools in the ACC viewing this as any type of improvement

Nope. Can’t imagine FSU, Clemson and UNC/NC State going for this but at least the conference will survive once those schools + Miami or others eventually leave. Cal adds nothing.

Do the kids that play NR sports at Stanford really care about what conference they are in?

I mean I’m sure if you asked they’d rather be in the old PAC 12 over the MWC, but the cope that being in the ACC is going to give them a significant recruiting advantage in those sports sounds like nonsense. Those kids are going to Stanford because it is Stanford.

This move is being made for football, because football drives the bus at that school just like it does everywhere else.

Do the kids that play NR sports at Stanford really care about what conference they are in?

I mean I’m sure if you asked they’d rather be in the old PAC 12 over the MWC, but the cope that being in the ACC is going to give them a significant recruiting advantage in those sports sounds like nonsense. Those kids are going to Stanford because it is Stanford.

This move is being made for football, because football drives the bus at that school just like it does everywhere else.

I think they would care for a couple of reasons.

1. Some of the non-revenue generated teams will be more or less competitive depending on the conference they are in. Maybe they were dominant in the Pac-12 but would be mediocre in another conference (or vice versa)

2. The bigger issue would be the amount of additional travel, especially if they go to a conference like the ACC. Imagine being a women's basketball player or volleyball player and having to take a cross country flight to Georgia or North Carolina on a school night.

Is it a big enough issue to make any of these athletes transfer from Stanford? Probably not, like you mentioned they are going to Stanford because it's Stanford not because they play in a specific conference or even because they want to win equestrian comfort title.

Back
Top Bottom