OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that Louisville took Shough there’s even more talk that FSU is where DJ ends up.

After all the **** yall talked about him this is one of the funniest possible outcomes :lol:

Won't be as funny when he finishes off his redemption tour w/ more playoff wins than he got at clemson and Oregon state :smokin

1701895136268.gif

If y’all really think they’re thinking deep enough into this **** to use ranking Tennessee 21st as a way to prop up Alabama, I got ocean front property in Nebraska next door to KarenKeyLargo to sell ya.

They gone do what they want at the top, the rest of the rankings be damned.

Can we all just care to not worry about the other teams and agree the buffs got robbed this season and leave it at that? They were ranked the most unfavorable out of any other power 5 conference team.

If y’all really think they’re thinking deep enough into this **** to use ranking Tennessee 21st as a way to prop up Alabama, I got ocean front property in Nebraska next door to KarenKeyLargo to sell ya.

They gone do what they want at the top, the rest of the rankings be damned.
They pump SEC SEC as the superior conference (which is really just 2 teams), which allows the rest of the conference to benefit undeservingly. ESPN literally has a financial incentive to do so. I didn’t think that it was a novel idea or disputable at this point.

There’s no perceived bias. There’s actual bias :lol:. But if it’s easier to downplay it then go ahead
If so it’s because of also actual dominance. What happens if Georgia beats Florida state by 30 and bama beats michigan? Would it be, “well, I guess they’re top teams after all” or “well, they shouldn’t have been there to begin with”

Also, the ifs of Georgia winning by 30 and bama winning aren’t impossible. They’re probably likely.

If so it’s because of also actual dominance. What happens if Georgia beats Florida state by 30 and bama beats michigan? Would it be, “well, I guess they’re top teams after all” or “well, they shouldn’t have been there to begin with”

Also, the ifs of Georgia winning by 30 and bama winning aren’t impossible. They’re probably likely.

So UGA and Bama being dominant means the rest of the conference is great?

Other than a flash in the pan LSU I don’t remember another SEC team doing anything of relevance

But hey, must be the trickle down dominance

As they should. Liberty literally had the worst schedule in the nation (133rd out of 133 teams). A nine win LSU team is better than an undefeated liberty team.

Everyone in here watches enough football to know this, but folks wanna pretend. :smh: :smh:

So UGA and Bama being dominant means the rest of the conference is great?

Other than a flash in the pan LSU I don’t remember another SEC team doing anything of relevance

But hey, must be the trickle down dominance
What’s the difference between a “flash in the pan” chip from lsu and a chip from Ohio state, or a season where Michigan beats up on the big 10 and loses in the playoff?

Also, all of this is cause bama made the playoff. What happens if they beat Michigan and ga beats fsu? Nothing I assume.

Bama winning doesn't prove that they should have been there, just like a team losing doesn't mean that they should not have been there

At this point though this is just going to be the continual circle of conversation that is going on on social media and on the sports networks. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day and really just is a way to feed the beast that led to this whole mess in the first place.

Bama winning doesn't prove that they should have been there, just like a team losing doesn't mean that they should not have been there

At this point though this is just going to be the continual circle of conversation that is going on on social media and on the sports networks
Word…..

What’s the difference between a “flash in the pan” chip from lsu and a chip from Ohio state, or a season where Michigan beats up on the big 10 and loses in the playoff?

Also, all of this is cause bama made the playoff. What happens if they beat Michigan and ga beats fsu? Nothing I assume.

Well, OSU has been in or been right outside of the playoff every year since they won the title, what about LSU?

Again, you’re bringing up UGA and Bama when this convo has nothing to do with them :lol: if anything you’re further proving the point people are trying to make

Come on man. You know no 7-5 team is getting in the playoff.
Cool, 8-4 will definitely and the point remains. I don’t know why we’re pretending anything differently. The conference is on the same playing field as the other P5s outside of UGA and Bama but everyone else free rides off of it. Ole Miss and Tennessee are the obvious beneficiaries this year. It happens every year. LSU got their **** pushed in by FSU, was very unimpressive the rest of the season and they’re right outside of the top 10. Not sure why we’re pretending that this is something that it isn’t.

Well, OSU has been in or been right outside of the playoff every year since they won the title, what about LSU?

Again, you’re bringing up UGA and Bama when this convo has nothing to do with them :lol: if anything you’re further proving the point people are trying to make.
Well, someone has to be there. And I’m not saying UM, OSU aren’t always among the best teams in the country, just that the the sec has had a recent run of dominating cfb.

Conversation over my head then, like way over it. Bama is in the playoff cause they beat number 1 ga. Those are the 2 schools that have exhibited dominance. Committee didn’t say 2 or 3 loss ole miss was better than fsu, just 1 loss bama who just beat the what we’re the favorites to win it all.

dacomeup dacomeup you genuinely care about who is ranked outside the top 10, or is just for the purposes of this conversation?

8-4 playoff team is not likely either.

Back
Top Bottom