OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I wish the kid well. He's had a lot of injuries which has set back his development. The guys in front of him aren't that good so the fact that he's behind them shows that he hasn't progressed the way the coaches have liked. Seemed like a great kid but he wasn't taking advantage of his opportunities

I wish the kid well. He's had a lot of injuries which has set back his development. The guys in front of him aren't that good so the fact that he's behind them shows that he hasn't progressed the way the coaches have liked. Seemed like a great kid but he wasn't taking advantage of his opportunities

Did he struggle with putting on weight? I thought he was as close to a surefire thing as you’d expect. He was explosive as hell and a physical freak in HS.

NickFolarin NickFolarin Guess the check cleared. Hope he’s getting a lot upfront unlike some of the previous kids y’all have played games with.

Depends on if he lets mom steer him away again. :lol:

I think he ends up coming to Tally but I don't know that it's going to be an all out, drop everything recruitment like it was the 1st go round when he came out of HS. Different dynamics now with the Portal and the options (both the ones already in the portal and the kids who are backchanneling to see if they would have a spot but haven't jumped in yet) that are available.

At the end of the day though, they are both a fit for eachother and after passing the first go round I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the fold

Last edited:

The NFL is not a developmental league which is why I’m sure it doesn’t happen, but I’ve always wondered if a solution to the NFL’s OL issues would be convincing late round/UDFA DL with decent athletic traits to transition over to the OL which seemed to be more common place back in the day.

Did he struggle with putting on weight? I thought he was as close to a surefire thing as you’d expect. He was explosive as hell and a physical freak in HS.

NickFolarin NickFolarin Guess the check cleared. Hope he’s getting a lot upfront unlike some of the previous kids y’all have played games with.

It might be a size thing, I'm not 100% sure. He doesn't seem to have developed great pass rush moves (which I attribute mainly to injuries) and he just struggles to win one on one matchups with SEC level offensive linemen.

He has certainly had his opportunities. 2023 wasn't like the last couple of years at Georgia where MJJ was stuck behind stud NFL players. He just hasn't performed at a high level yet. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

It might be a size thing, I'm not 100% sure. He doesn't seem to have developed great pass rush moves (which I attribute mainly to injuries) and he just struggles to win one on one matchups with SEC level offensive linemen.

He has certainly had his opportunities. 2023 wasn't like the last couple of years at Georgia where MJJ was stuck behind stud NFL players. He just hasn't performed at a high level yet. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Injuries set him back a bit on his physical development. He was dealing with a shoulder issue so he was barely able to lift before the season, and in season you aren't going to lift as heavy as you do in the offseason

Think he'll do better wherever he ends up as long as he stays healthy and can play more of his natural 4-3 end position vs bouncing between being a stand up and and down lineman

TVD with Phil Longo might be filthy.
I hope so. He played through some injuries this year but he’s atrocious against zone coverage. Playing with tempo should help, but he was awful this year progressing through reads or being forced to do anything off script. Honestly just seemed like he wasn’t a good leader either.

Based on the simplicity of the offense and some of the similarites that exist between it and what Lashlee runs, I would think that TVD (if his production in 2021 wasn't simply an outlier) would find some success @ Wisky provided that he has some weapons to throw too

Based on the simplicity of the offense and some of the similarites that exist between it and what Lashlee runs, I would think that TVD (if his production in 2021 wasn't simply an outlier) would find some success @ Wisky provided that he has some weapons to throw too
The thing is, it’s not like Miami was running a complex offense either. Air raid route concepts under Dawson. Wisconsin’s schedule next year is also brutal. Bama, USC (I know, weak defense), Penn St, Iowa, Oregon and Nebraska. He was throwing picks against GTech and UNC.

Back
Top Bottom