OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But he could never really get going at South Carolina. Our nephew played them in high school when they came to Bosco (I think he was on Dematha?) and I remember saying thats the kind of back I'd like to see USC go after. Big and physical. They were in town for 5 days and I know he must have loved the weather here.
Wasn’t some of that injuries? South Carolina also has been a **** program for a while now

He’s brought in 11 HS OL the last two classes and 6 portal guys. Last year we had a bunch of players who had been together 4+ years. This season it was a bunch of mercenaries (we had 3 transfers starting on OL) and they just never gelled. It got especially worse when Gino Quinones who was a long time guy tore his ACL in week 2. The line should hopefully be better next year with continuity.
How many of those HS lineman are very good/elite guys? I’m not really commenting on the numbers. You're not putting the type of resources towards those OL classes that the top programs are. That’s not really debatable.

He still hasn’t signed

bill-watching-binoculars.gif

If you’re looking for Lincoln’s recipe, it’s one of two methods:

1. Fat side down and 5 hours within 50 meters of the sun.

Or, if that’s not available

2. 20 hours at 1400 degrees.

For what it’s worth, I’m still chewing on the piece he gave me last year.

🤌🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽
My guy thought his Ooni Pizza Oven was a Traeger because it also uses pellets.

Wasn’t some of that injuries? South Carolina also has been a **** program for a while now
Probably. But that’s the point. He wasn’t getting “looked at” at South Carolina so he came to usc to give himself a better chance only to get 10 carries a game for 7 a carry.

Dan Mullen taking consistent shots at UF and Napier has definitely been one of the funniest things to watch over the past year :lol:

Man quit on the school and hasn't stopped talking **** since before the ink was dry smh. Dan gotta chill. Maybe he can work his way into the desperately needed OC role (again).

Oklahoma fans are leaving negative reviews on Cayden Green's fathers business because Cayden transferred from Oklahoma. I'm all about fans being passionate but these guys are straight weirdos

Man quit on the school and hasn't stopped talking **** since before the ink was dry smh. Dan gotta chill. Maybe he can work his way into the desperately needed OC role (again).
He’s too busy collecting those checks from y’all to take an OC role :lol:

A&M hired Jay Bateman to DC/LB Coach

Not sure how I feel about raiding Florida's staff... But Bateman's has had some gnarly *** defenses at previous stops.

Wait and see time.

Last edited:
A&M hired Jay Bateman to DC/LB Coach

Not sure how I feel about raiding Florida's staff... But Bateman's has had some gnarly *** defenses at previous stops.

Wait and see time.
Florida’s defense definitely hasn’t been the problem. I wouldn’t worry about that. Plus you have Elko.

I realize that programs are doing what is in their best financial interest but at what point do these teams begin to think about a path to a national championship? Imagine if the SEC becomes an 18 team league with

Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Florida
Oklahoma
Texas
Auburn
Tennessee
FSU
Potentially Clemson

All of those teams would be vying for 3-4 spots in the playoff in a lot of those fan bases will be unhappy.

Then you still have teams like Ole Miss and Missouri who can be top 15 teams in any given year.

I firmly believe that programs like Oklahoma, Clemson or FSU might end up like Nebraska or Miami where they have a lot of success in history in one league but become average programs in different leagues.

I realize that programs are doing what is in their best financial interest but at what point do these teams begin to think about a path to a national championship? Imagine if the SEC becomes an 18 team league with

Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Florida
Oklahoma
Texas
Auburn
Tennessee
FSU
Potentially Clemson

All of those teams would be vying for 3-4 spots in the playoff in a lot of those fan bases will be unhappy.

Then you still have teams like Ole Miss and Missouri who can be top 15 teams in any given year.

I firmly believe that programs like Oklahoma, Clemson or FSU might end up like Nebraska or Miami where they have a lot of success in history in one league but become average programs in different leagues.

The thing is all of those teams are going to cannibalize each other on the years they all play one another. It’s just like the previous NCAA games when you’d make a loaded *** conference and eventually they all average 2-4 losses a year.

Which going forward may still get you a playoff spot with 3 losses depending on how the team looks and who they lose to

Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Florida
Oklahoma
Texas
Auburn
Tennessee
FSU
Potentially Clemson

These new conferences won’t last too long anyway so it’s all about the check

Superconference in the 2030s. Until then, everybody will be out for their own interests.

Back
Top Bottom