OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do OOC bowl games mean anything now?

Honestly with the number of players who pull out or transfer and don't play, normally the teams matching up are nothing close to the teams that played in the regular season.
I think they matter depending on the narrative the speaker wants to push.

When Kirby got smoked in the sugar bowl by Texas, bowl games didn’t matter because none of their players wanted to be there after missing the playoffs. When they beat FSU this year it’ll be vindication for those arguing UGA should have been in the championship this year.

No I’ve always said their top teams have proven it on the field there’s no denying that.

That has always been the entire point, the best teams in the SEC completely dominate the best teams from other conferences and it has been this way for 20 years. What are we even arguing here?

Back to the SEC propaganda I see. UF has had more sub .500 seasons over the last 20 years than they’ve had national titles at this point. Don’t want to see their name mentioned at all. Bama and UGA have had runs of dominance. Don’t really need to hype the conference further than that.

Back to the SEC propaganda I see. UF has had more sub .500 seasons over the last 20 years than they’ve had national titles at this point. Don’t want to see their name mentioned at all. Bama and UGA have had runs of dominance. Don’t really need to hype the conference further than that.

That's the issue though. If not just Georgia and Alabama. When teams like Auburn, LSU and Florida have been no championship scenarios they have played well and won most of the time.

simpsons-walkinandout.gif

See yall when games matter again. Same tired **** every few days. :lol:

simpsons-walkinandout.gif

See yall when games matter again. Same tired **** every few days. :lol:

nako xl nako xl and dacomeup dacomeup are always ready to have an "SEC is overrated debate. 🤣

That being said, I do believe that the SEC was not that good this season and I think Michigan will beat Alabama. Georgia's defense could not generate any pressure and couldn't stop the run the way they used to. I think Michigan will have a lot more success bottling up with the Alabama offense than Georgia did.

That's the issue though. If not just Georgia and Alabama. When teams like Auburn, LSU and Florida have been no championship scenarios they have played well and won most of the time.

Right like we said the top teams are always good and proving it, then you got the A&Ms and Kentuckys of the world screaming SEC as if their squads have anything to do with the success of the conference. Then things like this that actually involve those lesser squads get glossed over and forgotten *shrug*

Let us not forget before this nice run UGA went on, yall were the same as those other programs screaming SEC while contributing nothing

Does anyone else not care about these bowl games? Ever since we went to the BCS model of determining the national championship game followed by the playoffs, these bowl games just seem like a waste of time to capitalize on people being off from work.

Does anyone else not care about these bowl games? Ever since we went to the BCS model of determining the national championship game followed by the playoffs, these bowl games just seem like a waste of time to capitalize on people being off from work.

No. Not unless it’s an exceptional matchup that includes their stars. For me, it’s akin to watching a preseason game. Yeah, they’re wearing the jersey, but I’m not wasting my time to see 10th string Bob Smith who’s a walk on because his great-great grand pappy gave the university $500 in 1812.

Pretty much outside of the 3 playoff games, wake me up when the next season starts.

Last edited:

I just like to watch them to see what players we will see on the field next year. They’re essentially a glorified exhibition

Some use them to live vicariously through while their squad regularly finishes middle of the pack 🤷‍♂️

I think this is the first year I haven’t watched one second of a bowl game yet. Probably won’t waste my time on the A&M game tonight since we’ll have less than 55 scholarship guys on the field. Gonna get washed by Oklahoma State.

Joe Milton sitting out? Didnt the bowl game last year help him coming into this season? Is he even a day 2 pick?

At least its now Nico time.

nako xl nako xl and dacomeup dacomeup are always ready to have an "SEC is overrated debate. 🤣

That being said, I do believe that the SEC was not that good this season and I think Michigan will beat Alabama. Georgia's defense could not generate any pressure and couldn't stop the run the way they used to. I think Michigan will have a lot more success bottling up with the Alabama offense than Georgia did.
I didn’t have an SEC is overrated take or debate. I’ve sat out the last 3 of those back and forth a that you’ve been in the middle of.

I responded to a bad uninformed take you tried to troll with about USC “claiming” a championship without playing for it.

It’s ok to just say you didn’t remember or didn’t know what happened that year. Same way you were clueless about schools and conferences trying to game the BCS system, but chatted rubbish about it never happening.

Back
Top Bottom