OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta re-write narratives when it's basically out that you quit playing and refused to travel to every game but Abilene Christian during the second half of the year and only played in that game to meet the criteria for your NIL deal to cash out. :lol: :smh:

I hope he lands somewhere and does well - kid's a stud - but there's a reason Texas and Bama and now Tennessee and some others are moving on.
One of the Miami insiders said this kid is a headache and we shouldn’t deal with him, so this makes sense.

I think what Vannini was going for was to challenge the belief that HS classes and subsequent rankings are most important
Yea, but in the portal + COVID years era it doesn’t really make sense to just look at team talent rankings either.

One of the Miami insiders said this kid is a headache and we shouldn’t deal with him, so this makes sense.
There was a lot of goofy stuff going on behind the scenes that leaked out over the last few weeks... Lots of sour grapes stuff, I'm sure, but a ton that makes sense given the rumors around the LSU week and his intermittent availability, practicing during the week then street clothes on gameday and nobody having answers why, randomly being ready to go against ACU.

Apparently his NIL contract required his involvement in the program through 12/15 annually and X number of games played to be paid out. So he sat there all year, did the bare minimum, then waited for his check to clear. :lol:

He doesn't seem like a rotten egg like some of those dudes in that class were - he's not in trouble constantly, he's not an *******, he's in class. His teammates seem to like him - and they were dumping on Walter Nolen behind the scenes all through December.

But reality is he's now quit on his high school team, he's quit on A&M... He's put himself in a tough spot.

Had em Jelly at work :pimp:

20240102_173318.jpg

witnesskb24 witnesskb24

Have you guys talked yourselves into him yet?

I posted earlier this season how I liked his upside so I’m not going to be a hypocrite now, but the fact remains that he lost his job to a freshman and I don’t see how this is a obvious improvement over what would have been a year two with McCord at the helm.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24

I posted earlier this season how I liked his upside so I’m not going to be a hypocrite now, but the fact remains that he lost his job to a freshman and I don’t see how this is a obvious improvement over what would have been a year two with McCord at the helm.

I personally have not. The moronic buckeye fans that slurp anything the program does has. He had less yards and more picks than McCord and a lower QBR. “He’s a great scrambler”, he had a whopping 320 rushing yards on the year. I know you shouldn’t compare stats between teams as we probably have way more receiver talent but he doesn’t jump off the page to me. If it’s not someone who could beat Michigan and get us closer to a natty then there is really no point IMO

Last edited:

witnesskb24 witnesskb24

You don’t think Howard is an obvious improvement over McCord?

You don’t think Howard is an obvious improvement over McCord?

No, I don’t think so, but I’m also someone who was never that down on McCord.

Howard has a lot of upside because of his size and athleticism but he hasn’t put it all together yet, and I don’t think it’s a guarantee he will now at OSU either despite having a much better supporting cast now.

Howard for me is in the same bag as guys like TVD, DJ U, and KJ Jefferson.

If I was a OSU fan I would have preferred they go after someone like Vandagriff who appears to be a talented guy who just hasn’t got a chance yet. With those aforementioned guys, I think we know what they are for the most part.

Who watched that first game and was like, “I’ve seen enough football for a day. I’m just going to watch the golden girls”?

Unless maybe it was bama fans… I am surprised the ratings were 30% lower though.
Semifinals were on a Saturday last year, Monday this year. My guess would be the number of people who were out of town this year but had to report to work this morning were on the way back and had to miss the game.

Will take that all day long.

I think a fresh start for him will be great. He recruited well but never seemed to develop at an elite level since Devonta Smith but they utilized the portal well with guys like Jameson Williams and got production out of him. Their receivers looked pedestrian but it could also be the person throwing the ball. Definitely a solid pickup, does Ryan Williams follow?

No, I don’t think so, but I’m also someone who was never that down on McCord.

Howard has a lot of upside because of his size and athleticism but he hasn’t put it all together yet, and I don’t think it’s a guarantee he will now at OSU either despite having a much better supporting cast now.

Howard for me is in the same bag as guys like TVD, DJ U, and KJ Jefferson.

If I was a OSU fan I would have preferred they go after someone like Vandagriff who appears to be a talented guy who just hasn’t got a chance yet. With those aforementioned guys, I think we know what they are for the most part.

Agree but I think they’re worried about bringing in a younger transfer guy and potentially losing Air Noland

Back
Top Bottom