OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can.

He’s visiting this weekend.

It’s a matter of whether the university will admit him since they’re the ones that ultimately said he had to go.
I mean culture wise. I haven't checked out what he did on the field at LSU. North Shore players always got something going on

I think a fresh start for him will be great. He recruited well but never seemed to develop at an elite level since Devonta Smith but they utilized the portal well with guys like Jameson Williams and got production out of him. Their receivers looked pedestrian but it could also be the person throwing the ball. Definitely a solid pickup, does Ryan Williams follow?
We're going from Demeyeune Craig to this... Wiggins might as well be Bear Bryant. :lol: :lol:

Haven't heard anything on Williams and would assume he'll go to Bama - Shazz Preston entered the portal today and is supposedly likely to follow.
I mean culture wise. I haven't checked out what he did on the field at LSU. North Shore players always got something going on
He's a **** show - but all the other boneheads are gone... Supposedly him and Elko/Aristide were tight when he was being recruited, and if he's back it'll be a "this is your last chance, one **** up and you're gone/career's over" situation.

And frankly this is just kinda how badly they need corners... They're probably going to try and spend through their noses on other transfer corners, too.

Who watched that first game and was like, “I’ve seen enough football for a day. I’m just going to watch the golden girls”?

Unless maybe it was bama fans… I am surprised the ratings were 30% lower though.

The game started at 9 pm ET and ended at close to 1 am ET

1704249085838.png

Nah, he's from Texas and is probably TAMU bound.

IMG-20240103-WA0000.jpg

Obviously we are still in the infancy of NIL.

But it will be interesting to see if strong NIL = wins and championships.

UDub is an example of guys staying and making it work.

NIL will help, but it's not the end all be all.

NIL (to me) is as much about bringing in new talent as it is about retaining the current talent that is on your team. Finding that sweet spot between the two I think is the key really.

I also think that Udub is also the case that excellent QB play & experience can take you a long way even if you aren't (overall) the most talented team

Last edited:
Brian Kelly fired LSU's entire defensive staff the day after the portal closed.

Scum bag :lol:

I really did use to act like this back in the day. I would legitimately be angry if my team only won by three touchdowns and I would reset the game if my QB threw too many interceptions. I had a year in my NCAA 14 dynasty where my QB through 42 touchdowns with zero interceptions 🤣

Brian Kelly fired LSU's entire defensive staff the day after the portal closed.

Scum bag :lol:
I think the portal for LSU stays open until the 6th since they played on 12/30. 5 days after their last game. But signing day was definitely the reason. He's done this before at ND.

Wonder if we see some of their '24 signess enter portal or get out of their LOIs.

Last edited:
I don’t think they’re coming after Guidry because of his DUI stuff, but could be wrong.

I thought about that too, but I don't think that would be enough to stop a coach with the character of Brian Kelly from trying to get that done and push it through the administration

Back
Top Bottom