OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yikes. Them boys taking a 50% rev cut to get out of the Pac12? Pac12 down bad. Heck, UW and Oregon down bad.

I love this mega-conference realignment ****. Where does this leave the ACC?

DrFunk right now. Oregon taking a pay cut just to leave is sad
IMG_1494.png

College sports just doesn’t feel right now. Yes I am a Beavers fan who’s school is likely being left out, but even if I wasn’t it just seems off. It has turned into being all about the money, no care for fans, rivalries, academics. Who gives a **** if players are traveling cross country every week while expected to have a full class load. As long as the money is good that is all that seems to matter. It is just straight up greed at this point and so far from what college sports were about when I was younger.

I don’t think NIL deals were the final blow, it all started well before. But NIL deals the way they have been done have definitely accelerated the demise of the whole thing. Separating the haves and have nots. NIL should have been implemented with some limitations to prevent excessive need of money(greed) and still keep a level playing field across all power 5 programs. Instead we are left with this.

For the fans of big schools still a part of what is now a power 3 program, good for you and hope you enjoy it, but this **** is so far detached from what I grew up watching and enjoying it really makes me care even less to put time aside to watch it anywhere near the level I did before.

I’m 😃 from 👂 to 👂 by the alignment news, NIL and all of the above. Very proud and can’t wait for the end result.

Sad to see the PAC die but let’s keep it real, if you’re not a fan of a PAC team were you really going to sign up and pay $79 to $99 a year to watch PAC games on Apple TV+? You can’t blame anyone but Larry Scott and George K.

Those goofballs made so many mistakes over the years. USC and UCLA did what was best for them and I don’t blame them.

ACC gotta merge with the B12, them remaining bum PAC teams won’t do anytbing for em.

That or they’re going to be the next PAC

Not a fan of any of this, but whatever. They at least need to change the names of these conferences tho. That **** is gonna drive me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom