OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t he also say Utah would rather join the Mountain West than the Big 12 because they hate BYU too much? Welp… :lol:

Yeah, I didn't know how to interpret that. You can hate them, but the rivalry is good for both schools. Unless you're Larry Scott, you know that it's good for "business."

I dont know how the schedules will work now, but I have to imagine the in-state rivalries will still exist (UW vs WSU, Oregon vs. OSU)

Lots of dopes around Michigan were hoping for Cal and Stanford for what they bring “academically”… so blind to the fact this is to squeeze as much money from this rock as possible… I respect it but couldn’t care less either way… Just hope when it comes time to make bank on the next TV deal, the players get a share

Hoping for the Beavs to win the PAC 12 this year and the conference title game being the Beavs vs Cougs as a huge **** You! to the rest of the conference on their way out.

Hoping for the Beavs to win the PAC 12 this year and the conference title game being the Beavs vs Cougs as a huge **** You! to the rest of the conference on their way out.
ezgif-1-1f8e250496.png

Oregon smart playing the slow dime. When that new contract comes, depending on the SECs deal, they’ll be in the richest or second richest conference

Oregon was smart to get their foot in the door/not cutting their nose off to spite their face. I’m curious, during the next contract go-around if they start squeezing schools like Rutgers and the like with unequal revenue sharing? Outside of their market size, what do they bring to the table sports-wise? At the end of the day, what eyeballs are they drawing?

The same worth the SEC. Other than a relatively easy W, what is Vady’s value/worth?

Maybe I’m being shortsighted about it …

Oregon was smart to get their foot in the door/not cutting their nose off to spite their face. I’m curious, during the next contract go-around if they start squeezing schools like Rutgers and the like with unequal revenue sharing? Outside of their market size, what do they bring to the table sports-wise? At the end of the day, what eyeballs are they drawing?

The same worth the SEC. Other than a relatively easy W, what is Vady’s value/worth?

Maybe I’m being shortsighted about it …

I think it’s always been more so about a teams market area than their actual eyeballs on games. Of course viewership matters but I think the big thing is area, at least that’s how it was explained when they were both added. But I do agree it’s wild they’re getting paid the same as the bigger schools but with everyone currently making more than any other conference (and not really hurting financially) they’re cool with it.

As for Vandy I think they’re in the SEC strictly for academic reasons :lol: they do have a pretty good baseball program though I guess

I think it’s always been more so about a teams market area than their actual eyeballs on games. Of course viewership matters but I think the big thing is area, at least that’s how it was explained when they were both added. But I do agree it’s wild they’re getting paid the same as the bigger schools but with everyone currently making more than any other conference (and not really hurting financially) they’re cool with it.

As for Vandy I think they’re in the SEC strictly for academic reasons :lol: they do have a pretty good baseball program though I guess

How’s this for a coincidence? Kinda makes sense. Also funny because just before that, Casper made the AFC/NFC comment.

Last edited:
Wish football can be separate from the other college sports (really I'm just talking about basketball :lol:).

How’s this for a coincidence? Kinda makes sense. Also funny because just before that, Casper made the AFC/NFC comment.

That would be wild! He’s right though, I bet you in 15-20 years what we see now will be totally different once again. I remember growing up playing NCAA and making all these crazy conferences and now it’s actually happening :lol:

They should merge with the Mountain West, but Stanford and Cal are too elitist to be associated with the likes of Boise State and Fresno State.
Ehh maybe they don't merge but for their best interests maybe they develop a partnership going into the 24' season. With ACC also being potentially weakened maybe the 3 conferences come to some kind of partnership.

Bruh everyone wanted realignment and NIL :lol:

Folks really thought it would close the gap between the haves and have nots. It’s only going to widen that gap going forward.

The next few years are going to be the most exciting couple of years for CFB
NIL is def still a net positive. Realignment is probably going to end up a net negative in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom