OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you lose to Oregon St and not Wash St, you can get in if you win the Pac-12 title game against Oregon.

Can’t lose the Apple Cup, don’t want the questions.

Focus has shifted to the Vikes/Saints. Next Saturday I'll deal with that stressor. Purple and Gold/yellow stay putting me thru it

That Stanford loss gotta be haunting Deion every night. That was the start of a mean 4 game drought when it should’ve been cushion against those ranked Ls.

Not that Jimbo doesn’t deserve to be fired, but why are they doing it after a 40 point win? :lol:

By working theory is that Josh Heupel will end up being Gus Malzahn 2.0.

There are a lot of parallels between Josh Heupel and his authentic Tennessee and Gus and his offensive Auburn. When Gus first came to the SEC they were difficult to stop because SEC teams had never seen this type of schem before. Eventually teams began to adjust to the window dressing, motion and speed and most talented defenses were able to neutralize Gus's offense.

I see something similar happening with Josh Heupel. He is in year three and there's been a big drop off offensively partially because teams have seen the offense and have film on it. Even if you look at Heupel's time at UCF you'll see that his record got worse every year he was there (12-1 to 10-3 to 6-4).

7 and
IMG_3894.jpeg

Not that Jimbo doesn’t deserve to be fired, but why are they doing it after a 40 point win? :lol:
It was “done” on Thursday at a board meeting.

Only reason you do it now is you feel good you’ve got someone lined up and the next two weeks are dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s to announce immediately after the LSU game and salvage early signing day/portal entries.

Firing him after the most complete win of the season is hilarious

Eh beating a cupcake after you’ve lost to several other teams isn’t very telling

“What should be done eventually, must be done immediately.” - Jeremy Foley.

They knew they had to get rid of him at some point so the timing really doesn't matter. Going to be interesting to see who they hire. I can't think of an immediate upgrade worth paying a 76 million buyout for. I don't see an Urban Meyer type of candidate out there

An Urban Meyer type candidate isn’t the only way they upgrade, though. :lol:

What you couldn’t do was have Jimbo walk into next year, lighter schedule as far as the SEC goes, beat Texas and stumble into a 12-team playoff then you’re stuck.

If they hire someone that can keep talent on the roster and hold the recruiting base together, next year is as easy an introduction year as you’re ever gonna get.

I'm not sure if Michigan can win a national championship with the style of football. I don't think this game plan would work against the team like Georgia or Alabama, teams with more dynamic offense and better overall talent.

Nah that’s not true. They threw a pass out of a 7 OL set and PI was called 😂

Back
Top Bottom