OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is both hilarious and sad. Literally winning games and competed for championships is overrated. Don't tell that to fans, I still kind of care about winning championships 🤣
of course fans don't apply. That's all fans have.

I'm taking about players. You had to know that man.

Only matters for the elite guys and even that, it doesn't elevate you for the next level. Its just good for memories.

Everyone knew this was coming but good to make it official. Etienne solidifies Georgia at the running back position as we're losing our top two backs is going to eat playing behind a good Georgia offensive line. Needs to work on his pass blocking though.

Damn, anywhere but there

Also him retweeting the announcement that the Miss State corner is transferring to USC is so trolly.

The thing about these load up for a year in the portal teams is you need to convert that into success in recruiting HS teams or it’s just not sustainable. They’re just going to bank on outspending everyone each year for these kids AND hoping they all hit immediately in a rental year?

Lane’s loading up for a run at another job.

Plain as day that’s all this is.

Their schedule isn’t strong, so they’ll probably get in next year unless that thing just implodes.

Their schedule isn’t strong, so they’ll probably get in next year unless that thing just implodes.
So you're saying I should throw a little something on a Jaxson Dart Heisman future?

For what job though? He’s not getting UF. Doubt LSU would give him a serious look if BK went to **** next year. Don’t even think there’s a job in the B1G that could open up that would touch him.

For what job though? He’s not getting UF. Doubt LSU would give him a serious look if BK went to **** next year. Don’t even think there’s a job in the B1G that could open up that would touch him.

No serious upper tier P5 team is going to hire him IMO he will be one of those dudes making lateral moves for a while

No serious upper tier P5 team is going to hire him IMO he will be one of those dudes making lateral moves for a while
Winning fixes a lot.

He runs off a second straight 10 win year and makes the playoff, someone will look past a lot of the silly stuff.

I’d be more concerned about Lane’s over reliance on the portal than the silly stuff.

If you’re at a place like UF or any of the big 3 really, you need a guy that is going to get after it on the recruiting trail.

I agree with the overall sentiment that spending the big bucks in the portal is probably a safer value proposition than spending big bucks in recruiting, but the core of your roster should still be guys you recruited and developed out of HS.

I’d be more concerned about Lane’s over reliance on the portal than the silly stuff.

If you’re at a place like UF or any of the big 3 really, you need a guy that is going to get after it on the recruiting trail.

I agree with the overall sentiment that spending the big bucks in the portal is probably a safer value proposition than spending big bucks in recruiting, but the core of your roster should still be guys you recruited and developed out of HS.

Lane is doing about as good a recruiting job as you can do at Ole Miss. Since integration, the only time Ole Miss has recruited in the top 10 was during the Hugh Freeze era (and we saw how that ended up).

It's kind of funny to me that Lane is viewed as an untouchable when Hugh Freeze has already gotten another opportunity at it talk to your program.

You can also make the argument that in the 12 team playoff era, what is stopping Ole Miss from being one of the top four teams in the SEC and competing in the playoffs regularly?

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 The memories. I remember my mom bought one for me. I was already a basketball head but I became obsessed after getting this ball. I know the ball got a bad rep but I didn't have any issues with it

Back
Top Bottom