Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...6R41MEWMX1IHE/DEREVYANCHENKO.gif?format=1000w

Did you get hurt worse than this? Don't forget this was in round 5 of a 12 rounder that went the distance. This is an older man with wayyyyyyy more wear and tear than you have. But I guess his body told him that he COULD continue while yours told you that you couldn't.
You got it g :lol:

1 clip of GGG moving past a liver shot, when he was at least shelled up for defense at the moment it was thrown, outweighs all the fighters speaking on this. Every liver shot, every boxer / fighters body, are all the same. You nailed it!

You got it g :lol:

1 clip of GGG moving past a liver shot, when he was at least shelled up for defense at the moment it was thrown, outweighs all the fighters speaking on this. Every liver shot, every boxer / fighters body, are all the same. You nailed it!

Bro, you are stuck on some **** that no one is actually debating or trying to debate lol. Garcia was hurt, no debate. The question i keep asking you, the one you keep ignoring, is do YOU think he could've continued based on what YOU saw?

Bro, you are stuck on some **** that no one is actually debating or trying to debate lol. Garcia was hurt, no debate. The question i keep asking you, the one you keep ignoring, is do YOU think he could've continued based on what YOU saw?
my honest answer to that question is “I don’t know”. A lot of people on your side of the argument have no real life experience with what he was hit with, the circumstances that matter in that very second, and none of us know what was going on inside his body when he didn’t stand up.

FWIW, I thought he was going to stand up as well for the count. That never happened. But when I seen the punch, I understood why.

I did also comment on the fact that Ryan seemed timid being open about what it was he was dealing with, in the post fight ring interview. He avoided confirming it was the liver. For all we know it could come out to be a broken rib.

The fact of the matter is, Ryan’s entire life and career would’ve benefited from him getting up and somehow winning that fight. An undefeated prize fighter rolling over to an L cause he “wanted to give up”? To me that’s a bad take.

spizike231 spizike231 in this entire debate literally no take is worse than your weak appeal to authority. :lol:

I’ve literally stood in the gym next to Andre Ward. Multiple times! It doesn’t validate anything I have to say in any debate about pro boxing. Ever.

I’ve never experienced a liver shot. That doesn’t invalidate anything I have to say in any pro boxing debate, ever.

I almost have to assume based on your logical fallacy that you as a fellow hobbyist, have experienced a shot to the ribs, delivered by some other hobbyist or amateur. Great! It validates nothing you have to say on the matter.

To my knowledge, no one on either side of the debate has experience being hit in a prize fight of the caliber being discussed.

Appeals to authority. 👎🏾

Last edited:
spizike231 spizike231 in this entire debate literally no take is worse than your weak appeal to authority. :lol:

I’ve literally stood in the gym next to Andre Ward. Multiple times! It doesn’t validate anything I have to say in any debate about pro boxing. Ever.

I’ve never experienced a shot to the ribs. That doesn’t invalidate anything I have to say in any pro boxing debate, ever.

I almost have to assume based on your logical fallacy that you as a fellow hobbyist, have experienced a shot to the ribs, delivered by some other hobbyist or amateur. Great!

It validates nothing you have to say on the matter. No one either side of the debate has experience being hit in prize fight of the caliber being discussed.

Appeals to authority. 👎🏾
:lol:

Take that up with everyone else saying the same thing, everyone is entitled to an opinion

using some goofy term because someone has a different opinion than you 👎🏽

The reason I bring it up is because of how deceiving a liver / body shot can be. It can look weak, barely landed, etc. and still cause major issues / a fight stoppage. (As we see here)

The person I was responding to spoke on it as if he should have easily gotten up and continued on. “He quit!” Like it’s as simple as that.

My bringing up my experience was to simply explain that I know FROM EXPERIENCE, they aren’t easy to recover from and simply continue on as you were, in that short of a time frame. Anyone who has been hit with anything like that would likely agree. Anyone who hasn’t, from the outside, it’s easy to criticize and say things like what was said.

I wasn’t trying to “appeal to authority” or whatever term you wanna use when someone who knows something you don’t, tries to speak on something when their opinion differs from yours.

Last edited:
:lol:

Take that up with everyone else saying the same thing, everyone is entitled to an opinion

using some goofy term because someone has a different opinion than you 👎🏽

Literally nobody else has come up with a weak appeal to authority to back their opinion the way you did.

Just because you don’t know what a term means, don’t make it goofy.

Take the opportunity to google and learn, so you can debate better, champ. :lol:

Literally nobody else has come up with a weak appeal to authority to back their opinion the way you did.

Just because you don’t know what a term means, don’t make it goofy.

Take the opportunity to google and learn, so you can debate better, champ. :lol:
No interest. I usually just discuss and speak, not try to cry and take cover behind a term like “appeal to authority” when someone says something I don’t agree with, “Champ who stood next to Andre Ward”. :rofl:

No interest. I usually just discuss and speak, not try to cry and take cover behind a term like “appeal to authority” when someone says something I don’t agree with, “Champ who stood next to Andre Ward”. :rofl:

I’m glad you realize how stupid appealing to authority in a sports debate makes you look fam. Or maybe you don’t, and the irony here is lost on you. :lol:

literally.gif

Tank hurt Garcia in the fifth round with a body shot in the same area
Made him almost completely stop throwing punches with his right hand because he was focused on protecting his midsection
So the body shot in the 7th round was too much for him

completely forgot canelo has a fight today

and he will supposedly retire if he loses but there is zero chance of that happening especially in mexico

undercards looks underwhelming

Apparently DAZN's announcers don't realize boxing enacted replay for knockdowns like 2 yrs ago :smh:

Back
Top Bottom