Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Sort of feels like he’s trying to make up for the time he didn’t take his career seriously.
I don't think he ever got too careless or wreckless. There was just no one else that came close until he decided to jump up to HW then when he got back down to LHW his punch resistance was gone.

I don't think he ever got too careless or wreckless. There was just no one else that came close until he decided to jump up to HW then when he got back down to LHW his punch resistance was gone.

IIRC word was that when he was with his pops, Nonito was essentially training himself, and getting by with is natural talent.

You could argue he has a similar setup now with his wife being his trainer, but she’s a combat athlete herself, and I just think it’s different when you have someone holding you accountable versus you having to do that yourself.

IIRC word was that when he was with his pops, Nonito was essentially training himself, and getting by with is natural talent.

You could argue he has a similar setup now with his wife being his trainer, but she’s a combat athlete herself, and I just think it’s different when you have someone holding you accountable versus you having to do that yourself.
I misread, thought it was referring to Roy Jones. Disregard.

It’s an intriguing matchup for sure but no version of Tyson? Like, at all? Not even when he was handled by Cus D’amato, Teddy Atlas, and Kevin Rooney? He was firing on all cylinders with those two in his corner. His career got gradually worse without them.
Styles make fights. And yes I'm taking 92 Bowe vs any version of Mike. Mike at his absolute best wouldn't beat 92 Bowe

Back
Top Bottom