Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Tyson has had such a storied career filled with some many what ifs as well as ups and downs. I've been wanting to read his book Undisputed for awhile now. I need to pick that up.

I just know 86-88 Tyson was something else... nothing to be played with.

Tyson has had such a storied career filled with some many what ifs as well as ups and downs. I've been wanting to read his book Undisputed for awhile now. I need to pick that up.

I just know 86-88 Tyson was something else... nothing to be played with.

The skill and movement were special. It sad his personal life was unstable

You must be right , the must've gave Bowe 2 outta of 3 wins against Holyfield because he got lucky.
You mentioned you started high school in 1994
So you were 8 years old when Iron Mike won his first title

You don’t understand what I’m saying when I say the “pre-Buster Douglas” and “pre-prison” Iron Mike would have annihilated Riddick Bowe

The Cus D’Amato version of Mike Tyson was going to be the greatest fighter ever

You mentioned you started high school in 1994
So you were 8 years old when Iron Mike won his first title

You don’t understand what I’m saying when I say the “pre-Buster Douglas” and “pre-prison” Iron Mike would have annihilated Riddick Bowe

You can't say greatest ever based on his competition , most them dudes were scared of him.
Mike had great talent, but He wasn't exactly fighting the heavyweights of the 70's. Ali or Foreman in there prime would've got in his a**.

Young Mike would've probably beaten Bowe, but to talk down Bowe is sacrilegious

Last edited:
You can't say greatest ever based on his competition , most them dudes were scared of him.
Mike had great talent, but He wasn't exactly fighting the heavyweights of the 70's. Ali or Foreman in there prime would've got in his a**.

Young Mike would've probably beaten Bowe, but to talk down Bowe is sacrilegious
Mitch Green tried to punk Mike at a New York clothing store

They weren’t scared of Mike at all

Most of them were much taller and had the reach advantage so they went into the fight feeling good about their chances

Mitch Green tried to punk Mike at a New York clothing store

They weren’t scared of Mike at all

Most of them were much taller and had the reach advantage so they went into the fight feeling good about their chances
1689142173125.jpeg

Lmaooo no he wasn't. He was never going to be the greatest fighter ever because he would've lost to anyone who showed resistance against him. Holyfield would've beaten any version of Mike and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if they fought earlier in their careers like they were supposed to.

Lmaooo no he wasn't. He was never going to be the greatest fighter ever because he would've lost to anyone who showed resistance against him. Holyfield would've beaten any version of Mike and we wouldn't even be having this conversation if they fought earlier in their careers like they were supposed to.
All the greats at the time were saying he was definitely going to be the greatest heavyweight ever and would have to be considered as one of the greatest fighters ever

All the greats at the time were saying he was definitely going to be the greatest heavyweight ever and would have to be considered as one of the greatest fighters ever

He had great skill , but was never going to be the best fighter. ever The smaller divisons had a smarter fighters in the 80's, for goodness sake.

Had Mike stayed with the people that brought him in the game

He was going to finish his career undefeated and would have gone down as the best Pound for Pound fighter of all time

That is an undeniable fact

Had Mike stayed with the people that brought him in the game

He was going to finish his career undefeated and would have gone down as the best Pound for Pound fighter of all time

That is an undeniable fact

If he was an adult that couldn't take care of himself he never was going to be the best ever. He wasn't nice to Teddy Atlas and Cuss was real old , That's a house of cards. He has nobody to blame for not taking Buster Douglas serious

Mike is great but it has always been difficult for me to rank him because the fights we wanted to see either were years too late or didn’t happen at all. If I recall weren’t he and Holyfield supposed to fight next if he beat Buster?

Mike is great but it has always been difficult for me to rank him because the fights we wanted to see either were years too late or didn’t happen at all. If I recall weren’t he and Holyfield supposed to fight next if he beat Buster?
Yes

Back
Top Bottom