Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we’ll see how those “let’s run it back” attitudes feel when our marquee off-season signings are dillion brooks and giving immanuel quickley a 9 figure contract

we getting bounced in the play-in
I just don’t think that overhauling the roster and adding an over the hill wing who’s had trouble in the playoffs is going to mean immediate improvement.

The front office has made a point to speak about continuity. Don’t get your hopes up. We might be better off letting this develop.

Grass is always greener.

See I always knew the way we treated Cam Reddish would come back to haunt us.

Thib’s did his absolute most to embarrass him.

There are players that want to play for certain teams.

There are players who don’t want to play for certain teams.

There are players who will play with whoever pays them the most.

This is just common human nature.

Yeah its a bit weird. Jacob is raw but he's more of a hustle and dirty work type of guy than his brother while being athletic. Would make for a better fit if he actually sticks.

The NBA would cease to exist if it was a major story every time a bad player didn't get minutes. Reddish was bad in Atlanta, bad in New York, and still bad in Portland.

Everyone involved needs to get over themselves.

Tell that to Rich Paul.

if this is even remotely true. That’s a huge issue.

If the options are lose games while giving a bad player 30 minutes a night to appease an agent so his player may/may not want to come here OR....win games, the choice seems fairly obvious.

Didn't Trae Young recently sign with Klutch even after Atlanta dumped Reddish & gave him DNP's? If you won't do business with someone because of a petty personal vendetta, you're only hurting yourself. This whole thing is so ridiculous.

Also, again, has any reputable news breaker confirmed this? We're so quick to run with the negative, the sky is falling, news.

Idk.

But none of you guys better have LeBron as your GOAT now.

If it’s war they want, then it’s war they’ll get. 😤

strange how the news of obi and the knicks parting ways comes out then the leak of their spat releases then the knicks sign obis brother 😅. i see it as a peace offering (even if temporary), but could be wrong

I once heard from an NBA player that Given the opportunity (green light) 95% of NBA players can average 20ppg a night, even the ones that get no minutes, but that doesn’t make them worthy of getting minutes, you have to bring more to the game. So I think that statement has a lot to say about Cam.

Cam has all the physical tools you want in a wing. Size length athleticism except the most important one, any sort of Iq. He has almost none and on top of it he loses focus. It was so frustrating to watch because you can see the potential at times which would make you think if he had a killer personality you would have legit drafted him over Zion and Ja potentially. But his passiveness and lack of care makes it a non starter.

Back
Top Bottom