Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 3 point shooting was insane. Can’t do much about that barrage.

RJ took 10 shots & was looked off a couple times as well. Good shots.

Everyone goofed on the defense at times.

Brunson is the only starter who can really create their own shot under pressure from the defense. Unfortunately 4 years in, RJ still doesn't have any offensive moves. He can't get by his man off the dribble. And he's too slow to be a lockdown perimeter defender. I'm concerned

We need Grimes back. He's the only one who can guard the point of attack. Him and Deuce, and Deuce isn't going to touch the court

Cooking up some trades for all the vets left in NY.

I want that Jovic kid down in Mia up here.
DRose included. Maybe Thibs can convince him to sign back after as just a rental for whatever trade partner.

Still too young for the show but most of the core is there.

Bad bad perimeter defense combined with historic shooting performances as a team. They took 50 of them hoez and 3 teammates made 6+. They were too hot. And despite all that they outplayed them for 3 quarters.

Spida was ofc gonna put on a show for the Knicks. He was charged all night.

ATL tho should see improvements on that but if not peeps will start getting benched or subbed for good in the 4th. They also not the caliber squad like Cle or Mil. Knicks owe them some real payback too.

2nd highest scoring bench early on despite IQ shooting rough overall. Deuce, for the betterment of the team, needs his minutes.

Cam has to play under control but still a better defensive effort than most last night.
Feel good if they’re .500 after 20 games or so & still have 45 wins in sight. Should they hit a massive slide to start tho gimme all I can get for Julius/Rose/Evan.

No need to rush the Babybockers who might still not be ready for showtime. NY & Thibs match the win now energy but those long term winning teams take a while. Especially if they don’t have THE GUY yet. He could be elsewhere or could be growing still, on the roster already.

The issue is that we don’t have a superstar that can go off for 30 any given night. We have a legit PG, a couple of 20ppg guys, and a defensive anchor. We just don’t have a guy that can come down and get 3 buckets in a row when we’re struggling. I still don’t think Donovan would’ve been the right fit bc our defense would be even worse.

How do y’all think a backcourt of
RJ / SGA / Brunson would work?

And what would it take to trade for SGA?

Idk if that’s a fair assessment considering he played well the latter half of last season, when the offense was catered more to him. There’s an adjustment now that we have Brunson. Let’s see how the season goes before we just say he is who he is, 6 games in. I agree that his style of play likely won’t change, and he moves similarly to Butler, but if he can improve his efficiency, I think we’ll all be pleased.

Atleast Wiggins is an elite defender. He leveled up playing in Golden State.

RJ tries too hard to pad his states. You can tell he’s forcing it out there more than usual. Comes with the frustration of thinking you’re better than you are after putting in the work during the off-season.

i really don’t wanna get down on RJ after 6 games especially after having a decent one last night but when you can clearly see that we’re headed for the same song and dance with him this year as the previous three with the slow starts it’s hard not to get frustrated and start to see some writing in the wall with who he is as a player

just about every single one of us in here caped for this dude hardcore all summer and now we’re right back where we were last year

thibs has already let loose the “when RJ starts shooting more 3s in the gym..” comments fly so we’ll see how he responds

he looked pretty improved all preseason too so i’m not sure at all what changed

I just think it’s the adjustment to having the ball in his hands less and the pressure of his contract. The expectations aren’t as high in preseason as the reg. If only we could fuse Cam and RJ into one player…

I just think it’s the adjustment to having the ball in his hands less and the pressure of his contract. The expectations aren’t as high in preseason as the reg. If only we could fuse Cam and RJ into one player…

That fusion would really be a player. Cams body and athleticism with RJs mentality and work ethic.

So RJ ceiling is Golden State Wiggins?

i think his ceiling is Jimmy Butler, if i'm going off of body movement and style of play. neither are shifty or have a smooth game. but they both work hard, have good size, aren't great at one thing, but can do a bit of everything.

I think we have a different idea of butler and RJ. Jimmy is a much more fluid and explosive athlete. Difference is at this stage of their game, RJ has a more complete set of offensive skills than Jimmy did. Especially the shooting.

If we beat the Hawks, Nets and Wolves ... Ill be happy. **** them teams!!!!
Only victories I asked for this stretch not because I thought we had a chance but because I dislike those teams. I thought we could win a few but it was and is a bleak believe!

Back
Top Bottom