Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, there's no one to trade for currently right ? I feel if its not SGA, then we just have to play things out for the next few years.

Not only are most confused here, I can tell a lot just love to feed off the negativity :lol::smh:.
No matter how hard they wish tho, RJ isn’t coming out of the lineup. “High volume kid still needs to get better” is real scandalous for sure. Personally, I think he also can’t play next to Julius so that just magnifies his early struggles. Sports psychologist might be the right Rx as mentioned.

Knicks won, 29, 17 and 21 games before this new FO btw. They got the third pick, that everyone hates again, and now its supposed to be time to tank? Is that not tanking already? But they never move up in draft right? So still, start the tank!

Furthermore, do teams jump from bad to contention in an instant? It makes total sense to tear down the only semblance of progress this team has seen in a long time because the fans don’t know what’s good for them.

Lineups and rotations for this team had to take a while because damn near everyone has a good case for pt in the 9 man rotation. The depth thing they kept raving about preszn is gr8 but it matters none for guys 11-15 usually.

Clear as ******* day Deuce is a difference maker and my guy. Looking at the depth chart coming into the yr he was still the odd man out. Same with Jericho and the bigs.

Now a 1/4 of the szn in and its looking like a new rotation is being tried. Biggest problem outside of Julius had been perimeter D; so in comes Deuce to help execute that side better.
Still have them at 45 wins tho. Offense really hasn’t been the problem and the defense typically gets better as the szn progresses. It’ll be even better if they sat Julius but I know better than that. Leon gotta trade his ***.

the cats miserable too

1670370823550.jpeg
Thibs is playing this cat 40+ minutes a game but my lizard can't crack the rotation?

So more picks? :rofl:

Where’s that meme of the jersey that says first round pick on the name? This is what it feels like.

I said it awhile ago and I was being serious, we have too many guys. Not even sure if they have talent, but we just have too many guys that need playing time to see and develop.

The issue is just the direction of this team. What kind of team are we going to be? What's our identity? That's my issue right now. We're not tanking, we're trying to compete, but we aren't developing our guys in a proper way. I'm not even saying any of these guys are future stars/starters/whatever, but we just don't know when they're not in rotation or don't get consistent minutes.

this whole episode with leon rose, tom thibodeau & co is proving to be a disaster.
this isn't a serious management team. no accountability. just passing the buck and vying for time while protecting jobs for one another

the lack of identity & direction this team has had for several years now is the product of this.

everyone gave these people time and space to do positive things and yet somehow they have kept the team stagnant, have undervalued players that they handpicked, chosen to go with the decisions of an ineptly mercurial head coach who really has no business being in the nba any longer

i had a feeling this was going to lead to this, but this quick? all bad

dangling quickely out there just to get rid of even fournier is malpractice. awful
getting rid of cam after giving up a pick to get him so you can get rid of evan fournier a year later is bad business

thibs is a ****ing bozo
calm down man

i think you’re being too negative

thibs is great
league scared
chip coming soon :nthat:

Amazing .....

I knew you was slow, but I'm proud to see you aint all that slow.

Glad to see tax dollars going to use!!!

The direction/identity you just said was a team that’s competing every night trying to win. That’s what they look like. That’s what they are. Trying to build a culture of winning is what I keep hearing from the team.

The problem is that as they are trying to do both, compete and develop, things aren’t progressing as fast as most fans want. Whatever it is that they want on that day.

All the youts look better and ready to contribute tho. IQ looks so much better on the defensive end. Actually, what is developing them in a “proper way” even?

Last edited:
Thibs has no idea how to put players in positions where they can succeed and contribute.

Sure Fournier might be overpaid, but he's not useless. We're one of the worst shooting teams out there yet he's in the dog house. Which only further drives his value down.

Now Leon wants to add picks or young players to offload these same contracts that his boy Thibs cant even get the best out of?

This is only going to get worse.

dangling quickely out there just to get rid of even fournier is malpractice. awful
getting rid of cam after giving up a pick to get him so you can get rid of evan fournier a year later is bad business

thibs is a ****ing bozo
There’s more to it than just attaching IQ to get rid of Evan. IQ can start for a handful of teams right now or tomorrow; but it won’t be for NY. He’d be going somewhere that will give him the ball more.

Evan is sitting comfortably on the bench so that scenario essentially makes no sense.

Here we go again. Get rid of the coach, its his job to find a role and get the most out of these players.

We traded a FRP for this guy just last year :smh:

Disgusting. The problem is Thibs and Leon for enabling him. No way you get rid of Knox and a 1st rounder just to do the same **** .. why not just keep Knox expire?

Tis is grade A incompetence!

Last edited:
There’s more to it than just attaching IQ to get rid of Evan. IQ can start for a handful of teams right now or tomorrow; but it won’t be for NY. He’d be going somewhere that will give him the ball more.

Evan is sitting comfortably on the bench so that scenario essentially makes no sense.

i'm for getting rid of quickley, but just so the knicks can rid themselves of fournier? awful amateur move. bad business

what more is there to it? the knicks aren't interested in helping out iq by sending him to another team. not their job either

Here we go again. Get rid of the coach, its his job to find a role and get the most out of these players.

We traded a FRP for this guy just last year :smh:

We know what his role is. Thibs just refuses to let him stay within it. He proved it when he had those few games playing the 3 and guarding the best player while averaging close to 20. Just because he needed a rest day/had a minor injury and had to take a few days off he somehow ended up in the dog house.

396 touches in 20 MF games. I truly hate this front office and Thibs more than ever. I can't keep supporting this team with the constant BS. This is not about improving the team. This is Thibs destroying young players careers all because he knows he's on the verge of losing his job.

20221207_111246.jpg

i'm for getting rid of quickley, but just so the knicks can rid themselves of fournier? awful amateur move. bad business

what more is there to it? the knicks aren't interested in helping out iq by sending him to another team. not their job either
Agreed.

The more is that IQ, around the league, is starting to look like a starting level talent on a team he cannot start for. Teams are calling for him as a standalone trade target as well. He could very well takeover for Lowry right now down there.

I’m ready.

Back
Top Bottom