Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Thursday is going to be hell for me.

I got two midterms that day, lab, and as soon as my last midterm is over, I'm heading straight home for my girls birthday, as soon as the game starts.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Mid-terms?! Our Finals start next Friday. 
laugh.gif

When do ya'll get out of school?

blazers have 0 chance without someone who can create their own shot. we have NO closer if broy is not himself. the offense is horrible to watch when this "team" game isnt working. whats scary is lma has been playing very well the last two games yet we still lose. i cant imagine how terrible we'd be if lma had an average night.
having 4 role players and 1 good pf isnt going to win u a playoff series.

look at the mavs. they have terry and dirk to go to in the crunch time. we have andre miller tryina take jumpers in the clutch. wesley matthews cannot create to save his life. rudy is a 3pt shooter that cant shoot 3s. 

blazers have 0 chance without someone who can create their own shot. we have NO closer if broy is not himself. the offense is horrible to watch when this "team" game isnt working. whats scary is lma has been playing very well the last two games yet we still lose. i cant imagine how terrible we'd be if lma had an average night.
having 4 role players and 1 good pf isnt going to win u a playoff series.

look at the mavs. they have terry and dirk to go to in the crunch time. we have andre miller tryina take jumpers in the clutch. wesley matthews cannot create to save his life. rudy is a 3pt shooter that cant shoot 3s. 

Just got home from the game. Made a slight detour to babydolls on the way home. Either way:

Tacos for everybody!

Portland flat out just ain't that good.

We still lose in six though
laugh.gif

Just got home from the game. Made a slight detour to babydolls on the way home. Either way:

Tacos for everybody!

Portland flat out just ain't that good.

We still lose in six though
laugh.gif

The Brandon Roy post-game reaction is not good for the Blazers' psyche. Mavs definitely have the edge now.

The Brandon Roy post-game reaction is not good for the Blazers' psyche. Mavs definitely have the edge now.

Jerryd Bayless would have been a huge difference in this series for the Blazers IMO. Without a scoring guard in their lineup, the Blazers can't exploit one of the Mavs biggest weaknesses - stopping combo guards. Mavs are built to defend wing players like Wallace, Batum, and Matthews with Marion, Stevenson, Kidd, and Brewer. But teams that have quick guards that can play PG/SG have given the Mavs fits over the years

Jerryd Bayless would have been a huge difference in this series for the Blazers IMO. Without a scoring guard in their lineup, the Blazers can't exploit one of the Mavs biggest weaknesses - stopping combo guards. Mavs are built to defend wing players like Wallace, Batum, and Matthews with Marion, Stevenson, Kidd, and Brewer. But teams that have quick guards that can play PG/SG have given the Mavs fits over the years

Alright now that I have cooled down a little I will post on this game. Portland absolutely sucked the 2nd half. Same !@!!%$@* we have been seeing all year not being able to close out games when it counts. 1st half we had guys driving such as Wallace drawing contact and getting to the line and better ball movement. 2nd half it was like hey lets feed the ball to LA and just stand around and let him work. That isn't going to get you a win, we need guys to cut and still move to create better shots, the offense got way to stagnant. And I don't even want to think about the defense, Batum has sucked all series and our rotation and help defending isn't there. Roy shouldn't see anymore playing time the rest of the playoffs, dude is a gimp and is a waste of space out there. Rudy needs to step up, if he can't start hitting some shots we have no chance. One thing I think he needs to do more is take the ball to the hoop, he can drive and it will give him some confidence getting a few easier buckets. I am not going to say this series is over since the next 2 are in Portland but this team has played like garbage and they have alot to fix if they want to win this series. Also I noticed how Carlisle takes way better timeouts than Nate. Everytime we would score and be about to get some rhythm the Mavs would call a timeout before we were able to tie or get to close. Nate on the other hand waits til the team has already put up several shots and tied it or taken the lead to call the timeout. You need to call that earlier to kill their momentum.

And I agree with the comment on Bayless, we traded him for what are now 2 crappy picks and a trade exemption we never used, what a *++@@%! waste. We are letting dude like Barea destroy us which is straight up pathetic
30t6p3b.gif

Alright now that I have cooled down a little I will post on this game. Portland absolutely sucked the 2nd half. Same !@!!%$@* we have been seeing all year not being able to close out games when it counts. 1st half we had guys driving such as Wallace drawing contact and getting to the line and better ball movement. 2nd half it was like hey lets feed the ball to LA and just stand around and let him work. That isn't going to get you a win, we need guys to cut and still move to create better shots, the offense got way to stagnant. And I don't even want to think about the defense, Batum has sucked all series and our rotation and help defending isn't there. Roy shouldn't see anymore playing time the rest of the playoffs, dude is a gimp and is a waste of space out there. Rudy needs to step up, if he can't start hitting some shots we have no chance. One thing I think he needs to do more is take the ball to the hoop, he can drive and it will give him some confidence getting a few easier buckets. I am not going to say this series is over since the next 2 are in Portland but this team has played like garbage and they have alot to fix if they want to win this series. Also I noticed how Carlisle takes way better timeouts than Nate. Everytime we would score and be about to get some rhythm the Mavs would call a timeout before we were able to tie or get to close. Nate on the other hand waits til the team has already put up several shots and tied it or taken the lead to call the timeout. You need to call that earlier to kill their momentum.

And I agree with the comment on Bayless, we traded him for what are now 2 crappy picks and a trade exemption we never used, what a *++@@%! waste. We are letting dude like Barea destroy us which is straight up pathetic
30t6p3b.gif

I was more than happy to see Bayless go. With Roy on his bum knees and Bayless gone, there is no threat from the back-court other than Wes spotting up sometimes.

Andre was great for them, but you need more shooters out there. You got guys like Crash, LMA, and Andre who were getting to the bucket, but none of their shooters showed up. You can't tell by the boxscore, but each time they had a huge shot in the second half, they missed it. Each time they tried to inch back, they'd either turn it over or miss an open shot.

But, Dallas took GREAT care of the ball in the second half. You don't turn the ball over, you out offensive-rebound a team, and you focus on getting good shots? Odds are you aren't losing.

I don't bank on us playing that efficiently again, at least not in Portland. Next two will be tough.

I was more than happy to see Bayless go. With Roy on his bum knees and Bayless gone, there is no threat from the back-court other than Wes spotting up sometimes.

Andre was great for them, but you need more shooters out there. You got guys like Crash, LMA, and Andre who were getting to the bucket, but none of their shooters showed up. You can't tell by the boxscore, but each time they had a huge shot in the second half, they missed it. Each time they tried to inch back, they'd either turn it over or miss an open shot.

But, Dallas took GREAT care of the ball in the second half. You don't turn the ball over, you out offensive-rebound a team, and you focus on getting good shots? Odds are you aren't losing.

I don't bank on us playing that efficiently again, at least not in Portland. Next two will be tough.

Big game from Dirk last night...

Curious to see how Portland bounces back. Out of all the 1st round games, I expected this series to be a little closer.

Big game from Dirk last night...

Curious to see how Portland bounces back. Out of all the 1st round games, I expected this series to be a little closer.

Brandon Roy 'hurt' by not playing
roll.gif

DALLAS -- Brandon Roy, considered the face of the Portland Trail Blazers' franchise entering the season, fought back tears while sitting on the bench Tuesday night.

The source of the three-time All-Star's frustration wasn't the Blazers losing Game 2 to trail the Dallas Mavericks 2-0 as the series heads to Portland. Roy was upset about playing time in the first half, during which the Blazers led for all but 36 seconds.

Roy, who is adjusting to a reserve role after returning from midseason surgeries on both knees that caused him to miss two months, told The Oregonian that he "always thought I would be treated a little better" after playing only eight minutes in Portland's Game 2 loss.

He was upset that Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez and even little-used point guard Patty Mills got off the bench before him.

"There was a point in the first half, and I was thinking, 'You better not cry,' " Roy, one of the first players to leave the locker room, told the newspaper in the American Airlines Center hallway. "I mean, serious. I mean, there was a moment where I felt really sorry for myself. Then I was like, nah, you can't be sorry for yourself. I'm a grown man, but there was a moment there that I felt sorry for myself. Especially when I think I can still help."

In Portland's Game 1 loss, Roy played 26 ineffective minutes, scoring two points on 1-of-7 shooting. He had three assists and two rebounds in that game.

Roy went scoreless in Game 2, when the Blazers' bench failed to score a point in the second half, during which Roy played only 2 minutes, 17 seconds. The only statistics recorded by Roy, who insists that his knees feel fine, were one missed field goal, two missed free throws and a turnover.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt, or disappointed," Roy told The Oregonian. "But the biggest thing is to keep moving, to try and keep my spirits up. But it's tough, man. I just ... I just always thought I would be treated better. That was a little disappointing for me."

Portland entered the series planning to utilize Roy as a post-up weapon against Dallas sixth man Jason Terry, who gives up about four inches and 35 pounds to the 6-foot-6, 211-pound Roy. That had been effective for Portland during their two regular-season wins over the Mavericks.

Roy had a post-operations-best 21 points in the Blazers' March 15 win over Dallas. Portland had great success running its offense through Roy during its April 3 win over the Mavericks, when he didn't post impressive statistics but played a major role in the Blazers' 38-point second quarter.

"You take advantage of the defense," Portland coach Nate McMillan said before Game 2. "If we have a matchup, we want to go to that matchup. Then that matchup has to produce."

Terry, who is friends with fellow Seattle native Roy, downplayed the defensive success he has had against Roy. Terry pointed out that Roy's minutes were greatly reduced and said he remains a major concern for the Mavs.

"He's so dangerous," Terry said. "We definitely don't want to get him going."

Roy just hopes he gets more of a chance to affect the series, although he said he had no plans to approach McMillan about the issue.

"I think my nature I've never been one to confront. Never been the one to create controversy," Roy told The Oregonian. "I think Coach is comfortable with his guys and it's hard for him to get me back in there. If that's what he is comfortable with, then I'm going to try and support the team. And if he can get us past [the first round], then he can. I just always thought I would be treated a little better, but ... it is what it is. I'll be all right. I'll go home, see my kids, and be happy."
Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPNDallas.co

Not sure how to embed the article but this is just pathetic.  I don't feel sorry for the dude one bit with this attitude.  It is all about him and he just wants a pity party
30t6p3b.gif
  I am tired of hearing about how it is a sad story, sure it was when it first broke but this is just beyond pathetic now.  The dude can't play, time to move on

Brandon Roy 'hurt' by not playing
roll.gif

DALLAS -- Brandon Roy, considered the face of the Portland Trail Blazers' franchise entering the season, fought back tears while sitting on the bench Tuesday night.

The source of the three-time All-Star's frustration wasn't the Blazers losing Game 2 to trail the Dallas Mavericks 2-0 as the series heads to Portland. Roy was upset about playing time in the first half, during which the Blazers led for all but 36 seconds.

Roy, who is adjusting to a reserve role after returning from midseason surgeries on both knees that caused him to miss two months, told The Oregonian that he "always thought I would be treated a little better" after playing only eight minutes in Portland's Game 2 loss.

He was upset that Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez and even little-used point guard Patty Mills got off the bench before him.

"There was a point in the first half, and I was thinking, 'You better not cry,' " Roy, one of the first players to leave the locker room, told the newspaper in the American Airlines Center hallway. "I mean, serious. I mean, there was a moment where I felt really sorry for myself. Then I was like, nah, you can't be sorry for yourself. I'm a grown man, but there was a moment there that I felt sorry for myself. Especially when I think I can still help."

In Portland's Game 1 loss, Roy played 26 ineffective minutes, scoring two points on 1-of-7 shooting. He had three assists and two rebounds in that game.

Roy went scoreless in Game 2, when the Blazers' bench failed to score a point in the second half, during which Roy played only 2 minutes, 17 seconds. The only statistics recorded by Roy, who insists that his knees feel fine, were one missed field goal, two missed free throws and a turnover.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt, or disappointed," Roy told The Oregonian. "But the biggest thing is to keep moving, to try and keep my spirits up. But it's tough, man. I just ... I just always thought I would be treated better. That was a little disappointing for me."

Portland entered the series planning to utilize Roy as a post-up weapon against Dallas sixth man Jason Terry, who gives up about four inches and 35 pounds to the 6-foot-6, 211-pound Roy. That had been effective for Portland during their two regular-season wins over the Mavericks.

Roy had a post-operations-best 21 points in the Blazers' March 15 win over Dallas. Portland had great success running its offense through Roy during its April 3 win over the Mavericks, when he didn't post impressive statistics but played a major role in the Blazers' 38-point second quarter.

"You take advantage of the defense," Portland coach Nate McMillan said before Game 2. "If we have a matchup, we want to go to that matchup. Then that matchup has to produce."

Terry, who is friends with fellow Seattle native Roy, downplayed the defensive success he has had against Roy. Terry pointed out that Roy's minutes were greatly reduced and said he remains a major concern for the Mavs.

"He's so dangerous," Terry said. "We definitely don't want to get him going."

Roy just hopes he gets more of a chance to affect the series, although he said he had no plans to approach McMillan about the issue.

"I think my nature I've never been one to confront. Never been the one to create controversy," Roy told The Oregonian. "I think Coach is comfortable with his guys and it's hard for him to get me back in there. If that's what he is comfortable with, then I'm going to try and support the team. And if he can get us past [the first round], then he can. I just always thought I would be treated a little better, but ... it is what it is. I'll be all right. I'll go home, see my kids, and be happy."
Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPNDallas.co

Not sure how to embed the article but this is just pathetic.  I don't feel sorry for the dude one bit with this attitude.  It is all about him and he just wants a pity party
30t6p3b.gif
  I am tired of hearing about how it is a sad story, sure it was when it first broke but this is just beyond pathetic now.  The dude can't play, time to move on

I'm 100% sure Roy's gonna feel more comfortable at home and get into a good rhythm the next couple of games. I just hope he can carry a rhythm into Dallas and actually be the 6th man we need.

I'm 100% sure Roy's gonna feel more comfortable at home and get into a good rhythm the next couple of games. I just hope he can carry a rhythm into Dallas and actually be the 6th man we need.

Back
Top Bottom