Official (6) Toronto Raptors @ (3) Orlando Magic, NBA Playoffs, Round 1, Game 1

kqmesaae0efg3atwugmeohxga.gif
vs.
th2p1ysxo6xd5i4er1vomjghe.gif

rapsvsorlandoplayoffsgaff9.jpg

Took the graphic from RealGM.

Probably Sunday night at 5:30 or 8

Two similar teams.

Great shooting teams, two of the best young big men in the game.

It's gonna come down to who can close out on shooters and who can stop either Bosh or Howard.

I think Ford and Calderon will have their way with the Magic backcourt, Smitch might even play both on the court at the same time.

We need to stop Hedo, dude is playing great ball and had big games in both of the Magic wins against the Raps this year.

I think the big X-Factor will be Rashard Lewis for the Magic and how well Forderon can control the games in the series.

We need AP and Delfino to really play some good perimeter D on the Magic shooters.

Rasho hopefully can help contain Howard with a little weak side help D, but that'll leave shooters open so we really need to rotate, get up on shooters ordeny the pass.

Should be a good series.

Dwight Howard will be too busy with Bosh and Rasho.

Forderon > Nelroyo

Bargnani needs to be dropping 15 a game as a 6th man. I know Parker will show up.

The big mystery with the Raps is if they'll remember how to play defense. We get exposed by mediocre wing players all the time. Parker, Delfino and Moonneed to be huge on defense.

Hopefully Kapono shows up sometime this series. I noticed that when he's hitting the Raps all get wet and start hitting their 3s. Dude's been weaklately. Stop trying that floater or your weak pump fake moves and stick to jacking 3s.

The thread title is fine because it shows that this is the Game 1 thread, but I wanted to throw this in here anyways, because I've said it in the otherthreads:

We're not doing series threads; we're doing game threads.

This will be for Game 1.

When a game is over, we will lock the thread about the previous game as soon as the next game thread is made and one of us mods/admins sees the new one..

Forderon > Nelroyo

pimp.gif
money!!! Gotta love the name Forderon
As for D12, he wont be busy with Rasho, because Rasho focuses too much on the outside.

Its going to be a great series to watch.

CHEA!

Official Schedule for the series:

Game 1 - Sun April 20 Toronto at Orlando 12:30PM 12:30PM TNT
Game 2 - Tue April 22 Toronto at Orlando 7:30PM 7:30PM NBATV
Game 3 - Thu April 24 Orlando at Toronto 7:30PM 7:30PM NBATV
Game 4 - Sat April 26 Orlando at Toronto 3:00PM 3:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Mon April 28 Toronto at Orlando 7:30PM 7:30PM NBATV
Game 6 * Thu May 1 Orlando at Toronto TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 3 Toronto at Orlando TBD TBD TNT

I'm psyched!!! Let's go Raps!!! CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The thread title is fine because it shows that this is the Game 1 thread, but I wanted to throw this in here anyways, because I've said it in the other threads:

We're not doing series threads; we're doing game threads.

This will be for Game 1.

When a game is over, we will lock the thread about the previous game as soon as the next game thread is made and one of us mods/admins sees the new one..

Thanks for making it clear, I didn't see it on the other threads.

The raps better show up, and I mean the whole squad, or else we'll lose.

I see Ford wilding out one on one and losing us the series though. Sam better bench him if he gets out of line.

Bargs needs to stop being a vagina and go hard to the rim and hit his efffing 3's. And stop picking up stupid fouls on D. Learn to play D without fouling.

Same with moon, go hard to the rim, and don't take that jumper if you're not hot. Know your role.

Kapono needs to show his worth and shoot 3's all day.

Well, that schedual isnt that bad with my finals schedual. Dont have to miss a game because of a final, or because I would be studying
pimp.gif

I cant wait for sunday
pimp.gif

Orlando in 6 or 7, I expect Stan van Gundy to seriously out-coach Mitchell in this series and make the necessary adjustments as the series progresses.

Also, if Orlando puts Rashard Lewis on Bosh, expect Bosh to have a terrible series.

I expect Orlando to leave Jamario Moon open for most of the series, he's going to need to hit his shots if the Raptors are going to have a chance.

Oh yeah, we dont have anyone that can contain Hedo. I'm expecting a big series out of him.

Bargnani can rape Dwight Howard on O but of course Sam will keep him nailed to the bench and have him play on the perimeter.

I really can't stand Sam Mitchell.

Uhhhh do we get TNT in Toronto?
I just checked TheScore, Sportsnet ONT, TSN, and CBC listings. None of them mention anything about the Raptors games and using the TNT feed. :S

edit: nvm

The Raptors will kick off the 2008 NBA playoffs in Orlando on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. on TSN. Game 2 is set to go on Tuesday and the series will make it'sstop at the ACC Thursday, April 24 and Saturday April 26. The rest of the TV sked is still to be announced.
www.raptors.com (in the caption with the pic of Bosh and Howard)

raptors in 7 at amway arena so all these bandwagon magic fans in orlando (yes i live here) can shut the $&*@ up

I think Orlando is gonna pull it out, hopefully everyone steps up.. Hedo, Rashard, Dwight.

Gotta show love for the hometown team.

This is the only series in the playoffs that i could care less about. It has no appeal to me whatsoever....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

This is the only series in the playoffs that i could care less about. It has no appeal to me whatsoever....

Boston sweeping the Hawks is going to be super exciting!!!!11111111!!!!!1111

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Boston sweeping the Hawks is going to be super exciting!!!!11111111!!!!!1111

So will Orlando beating the Raptors in 4 or 5.

so why even come into this post in the first place. you must either be bored at work or really intent on boosting that post count

Back
Top Bottom