Official (6) Toronto Raptors @ (3) Orlando Magic, NBA Playoffs, Round 1, Game 1

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

T.J has outplayed Jose since he got the starting job back.

You have memory loss or something? You don't remember the way T.J played all of last year? He was huge last year and he's been solid when healthy this year. I'd say he's healthy right now.

Jose will do Jose no matter what role. Dude is just efficient as hell. He'll do the same damage he did off the bench that he did when he was starting. T.J.'s sporadic play was when he was off the bench, but he also wasn't 100%.

roll.gif

I have nothing against the way TJ Ford played last year or the first part of this season. However, since he's returned from his injury he's been TERRIBLE. I can't stand watching him uselessly dribble the ball around for 18 seconds before turning it over or shooting a fadeaway jumper.The Raptors may have been at their best with TJ starting and Calderon coming off the bench, but that definitely hasn't been the case as of late. Calderon's passing and decision making is superior to that of TJ Ford.Also, his shooting percentages are much better than TJ Ford's. He is more efficient, and he always looks to get the team involved; therefore, he should get the majority of minutes in the playoffs.

Man Jose is terrible on defense. There was actually a stat done by some bloak (Hollinger probably) that had Jose as stat for stat the worst defensive pgin the league. When he's on the court, opposing guards go off.
Jose can't penetrate either. All he does is a pick and roll with Bosh. He makesour team a jump-shooting team. T.J. can create his own shot and a shot for others.

But word to Scoop Jackson article, they each do what the other one doesn't. In the end its all about both of them smacking Orlando.

Brownin, I hope you dont get too attached to TJ, there's an 80% chance we trade him this summer. I cant see our team having long term success paying 2point guards around $17 mill. combined when we have so many holes to fill (SG, SF, C, a bench).

I wouldn't mind doing a sign-and-trade with Jose as long as we dont get a soft jump-shooter in return who cant play defense (word to Jason Kapono, AnthonyParker, Jamario Moon and Andrea Bargnani).

I think a lot of people are discounting the coaching factor. Stan van Gundy is a coaching wizard...Sam Mitchell is...
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ People talking about Moon like he's Bruce Bowen ___ outta here....
laugh.gif

Will be watching the game on Sunday midnight (Asia time zone) cheering on the Raps.
Hopefully they will deliver a good performance!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Brownin, I hope you dont get too attached to TJ, there's an 80% chance we trade him this summer. I cant see our team having long term success paying 2 point guards around $17 mill. combined when we have so many holes to fill (SG, SF, C, a bench).

I wouldn't mind doing a sign-and-trade with Jose as long as we dont get a soft jump-shooter in return who cant play defense (word to Jason Kapono, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon and Andrea Bargnani).

I think a lot of people are discounting the coaching factor. Stan van Gundy is a coaching wizard...Sam Mitchell is...
grin.gif

Soft?
roll.gif
You throw out that word far to often.

That's all fine and dandy since it'll most likely be the Pistons...but in terms of growth of each franchise, the experience of making that next step tothe second round considering what each team did last year with their core guys, it'll be a good stepping stone for the future for both young teams andgauge where they are at and what they need to do to improve in the summer.

This should be a great series, probably the 2nd most interesting one to watch in the East behind the Cavs/Wiz drama. Celtics and Pistons should sweep easily.

Anthony Parker doesnt play D?

*scratches head*

You thinking about Tony Parker? I thought AP was the one who actually played D.

*scratches head again*

AP's solid on D. Although I think he was better last year.

If we get rid of T.J. we'll be the epitome of soft. Sometimes it looks like he's the only guy that cares on the Raps.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Moon wont give ANYONE any trouble defensively.

Oh word? Tell that to Luol Deng
Luol Deng is not very good. The Chicago front office should be mocked/fired/sued/killed/whatever for refusing to give up this average player for Kobe. Just astonishing.

I still say Orlando in 5.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

laugh.gif
@ People talking about Moon like he's Bruce Bowen ___ outta here....
laugh.gif

Its not like Moon is BAD on defense. Dude ain't the league's best stopper or something but he's decent. Decent defense on a horribledefensive team goes a long way.

out of all the teams in the playoffs we're the most underrated...but i like it that way.

lets go MAGIC!

Did anyone see what Stephen A. Smith said about Chris Bosh on ESPN? I didn't, but apparently Bosh is pissed because SAS aired out some personal attacksagainst him. Bosh is cryin in his blog about it.

I dont like this match up for us (the Magic). Raps owned us in the regular season. We can still take it but it's no cake walk. Hopefully Shard steps up andproves his worth, and hopefully Bosh doesn't explode for 50 every game.

Did anyone see what Stephen A. Smith said about Chris Bosh on ESPN? I didn't, but apparently Bosh is pissed because SAS aired out some personal attacks against him. Bosh is cryin in his blog about it.

We live in canada just like you so chances are we didn't see it.

According to RGM, SAS said Bosh and the Raptors were soft, had no D, blah blah *insert SAS loud-mouthed rant exaggeration here...

I think CB4 responded on his blog in a mature manner and handled it well.

Gives him and the Raps more fuel to add to the fire. I think this team plays better a) as underdogs b) a little angry and c) against better teams.

I dunno, I can't wait, if they can take a game in Orlando then I think it'll give them a huge boost and an advantage in the series going forth.

Just by watching Bosh over the last couple of years you can tell he's a cerebral dude. SAS ain't %!!@.

Just by watching Bosh over the last couple of years you can tell he's a cerebral dude. SAS ain't %!!@.

exactly. Smarts over emotion.

and i co-sign with soulize. Bosh did handle it well, but I dont see how critisizing the team = personal attacks (according to Bosh)

Back
Top Bottom