Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

It's a good point, but I'm not quite sure about that. The Wall 3 went from potential sig. shoe to general flagship shoe. I doubt Wiggins would just accept a shoe made for someone else as his own signature.

Wiggins better accept what he Adidas gives him, like anyone was running out to get the "Wiggins Boost"! :rofl:

if he retires who takes his spot? Embiid? Porzingis? Wiggins? LaVine?

It's hard for a big man to sell shoes...and none of the other names are doing anything for me.

This is a sad story, it's worse than Penny Hardaways and Tracy McGradys careers. All people who were so insanely talented but life just didn't give them a break with their injuries and hinderances.
I hope he sorts himself out personally.

The Rose 6 and 7 show whoever is working on the line knows what they are doing from both a design and performance standpoint.

It's too bad Rose is sucking up resources when his shoes could be going to a better player and building one of the most popular lines in basketball.

If Rose retires would love to see Adidas retro the supernatural creators maybe with updated boost or bounce cushioning. Still one of the best fitting hoops shoes of all time imo.

If Rose retires would love to see Adidas retro the supernatural creators maybe with updated boost or bounce cushioning. Still one of the best fitting hoops shoes of all time imo.

I'd be all over them. With Boost they would be top 3 for me all time. They're still my favorite Adidas bball shoes, but I haven't played in the Rose 7 or Crazy Explosive yet. So lightweight for a shoe with a shroud. Excellent fit, great traction and court feel, responsive cushioning, transition, comfort and the appearance - it had everything. That was a really gutsy shoe if you look at it from a design standpoint.

Putting boost in them, it would have to be done in pods, which I'm still kind of waiting to see. A combination of the old Pure Motion with segmented Boost...that potential gets me HYPED.

I'd be all over them. With Boost they would be top 3 for me all time. They're still my favorite Adidas bball shoes, but I haven't played in the Rose 7 or Crazy Explosive yet. So lightweight for a shoe with a shroud. Excellent fit, great traction and court feel, responsive cushioning, transition, comfort and the appearance - it had everything. That was a really gutsy shoe if you look at it from a design standpoint.

Putting boost in them, it would have to be done in pods, which I'm still kind of waiting to see. A combination of the old Pure Motion with segmented Boost...that potential gets me HYPED.

I've asked Adidas designers multiple times, and the designer of the SNCreator, abiut doing Boost pebbles inside the pods. I was told the Boost wouldn't be thick enough to properly harness the energy return and feel, so it would be a waste if Boost. I don't care - I want them.

7 has softer materials, both the mesh and the PK. Rose 8 has either stiff fused mesh or thick, rough jacquard.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I personally found the 7 to be more abrasive and needed break in time, especially for the pinky toe area. The 8 was ready to go out the box and had extremely thin mesh.

I've asked Adidas designers multiple times, and the designer of the SNCreator, abiut doing Boost pebbles inside the pods. I was told the Boost wouldn't be thick enough to properly harness the energy return and feel, so it would be a waste if Boost. I don't care - I want them.

Let us be the judge of that. I know it probably wouldn't feel like that plush full-length Boost we all like, but they can figure something out. It's only a matter of time before they have to find different implementations.

It was only a few years ago that we had heel only bball shoes. Now so many have full-length boost. They're going to do segmented boost at some point, maybe something like the KD9 or Bron XIV.

Let us be the judge of that. I know it probably wouldn't feel like that plush full-length Boost we all like, but they can figure something out. It's only a matter of time before they have to find different implementations.

It was only a few years ago that we had heel only bball shoes. Now so many have full-length boost. They're going to do segmented boost at some point, maybe something like the KD9 or Bron XIV.
Rose 5 was full length and camr out.a couple months after the first CLB that was only half boost.

The Rose 6 was segmented boost.

Rose 5 was full length and camr out.a couple months after the first CLB that was only half boost.

The Rose 6 was segmented boost.

Yes, I'm aware of the Rose 5, but that was the only option compared to the multiple models we have now.

And when I say segmented, I know what the traditional meaning is, but I meant separated like the old pure motion or the Lebron 14 or 15, which is why I mentioned those shoes.

I want to see Adidas come out with a lightweight cushioning akin to Zoom, Boost and Bounce are great but Zoom is great for weight reduction.

^ Yeah, but at the same time whatever they make probably wouldn't be as good as Zoom.

Boost definitely carries more weight, but that trade-off is worth it to me. I want both companies to do what they do, but to do it well. Poorly implemented zoom is just the worst. Absolutely useless.

The next step is probably going to be what a lot of people have been asking for, which is some combination of Bounce and Boost. But I'm with Duke. I want to see some Boost pods combined with the old pure motion type of outsole.

If Rose does call it quits, Adidas should re-sign Wall and give him Rose's line.

The last three Rose models are too good to not keep the design team producing.

Back
Top Bottom