Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

I was listening to Boomer Esiason's radio show a few weeks back and he had Phil Simms on as a guest. Phil was saying he never wore ankle braces or wrapped his ankles because when you do that it takes the pressure off your ankle and puts more pressure on your parts of your body such as your knees. I wonder if Derrick always wearing those ankle braces could have contributed to him having so many knee injuries over the years and he is now testing out playing without them

I was listening to Boomer Esiason's radio show a few weeks back and he had Phil Simms on as a guest. Phil was saying he never wore ankle braces or wrapped his ankles because when you do that it takes the pressure off your ankle and puts more pressure on your parts of your body such as your knees. I wonder if Derrick always wearing those ankle braces could have contributed to him having so many knee injuries over the years and he is now testing out playing without them
This is partially true. Strengthening your ankle and playing without a brace is always the better alternative because it improves biomechanics and lessens the dependency on a crutch.

It's probably true if your ankle brace is very restrictive. That impact has to dissipate somewhere right? So if your ankle isn't bending to accommodate the energy, another body part will take the brunt of it. With that said though, the speedwraps aren't restrictive at all. It only has protection on the lateral side of the ankle. It allowed for normal function of the ankles IMO. The only restriction it presented is when your ankle starts bending unnaturally too much along the lateral side as in a sprain situation.

yup...i noticed the same thing. I'm wondering if he feels it already offers ample support or if it's not that 'ankle brace friendly'. I will say the 8s hugged my ankles a lot better/more secure than the 7s did.

I've been hoping he'd stop wearing those for a while. never had ankle issues so it made no since. Never wore them in college either. Only puts more stress on the next joint up (knee). So surprised Curry has stayed using his and not just tried to continually strengthen his ankles, but he's a different case anyway.

I've been hoping he'd stop wearing those for a while. never had ankle issues so it made no since. Never wore them in college either. Only puts more stress on the next joint up (knee). So surprised Curry has stayed using his and not just tried to continually strengthen his ankles, but he's a different case anyway.

I believe Rose had some ankle issues when he debuted the adidas adizero crazy lights.

JS"

I believe Rose had some ankle issues when he debuted the adidas adizero crazy lights.

JS"
Yep. That was the MVP season. Wore them first series of the playoffs against Indy and sprained his ankle pretty good at least twice that series.

But I think he was wearing them before then though. Pretty sure he had ankle issues (and knee tendonitis) in high school. I mean honestly what pg doesn't?

IMG_3449.JPG
These look absolutely gorgeous in person, the blue is in an inkly shade, lockdown is amazing, TTS it's pretty snug, the materials are really stiff though, hoping they break in nicely. Can't wait to ball in em later tonight.

IMG_3449.JPG
These look absolutely gorgeous in person, the blue is in an inkly shade, lockdown is amazing, TTS it's pretty snug, the materials are really stiff though, hoping they break in nicely. Can't wait to ball in em later tonight.
Wow it does look really good. Really leaning on getting a pair now. Only problem is they cost too much getting delivered here in australia. Might have to sell some shoes hahaha

So played 2 games in them and first game out they were kinda tight and lockdown wasn't perfect. So before game 2 i put the laces at the top eyelids twice and got damn the lockdown was crazy good. They kind of got better as I played more, the width didn't bother me much in game 2 and the traction was godly. Only thing I would wish for is primeknit instead of the mesh or whatever they used. They're still kinda stiff but hopefully it breaks in after more uses.

I actually got to try these on in store today and they're pretty dope. Harder to get on than the 2017 PK CE, but definitely softer material and A1 lockdown and traction. Might have to sell some shoes to try them out because the step in comfort is so nice.

Back
Top Bottom