Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

23416888_1052797614822762_377391685308514304_n.jpg

The D rose 8 is a great all around shoe. Traction is really good. Boost feels good, but not as plush in the heel as the 7’s. I went a half size down and they fit perfect. Materials are average. I’m really hoping they come out with a primeknit version, but I doubt it. This is probably D Rose’s last signature shoe. Hopefully Zach LaVine gets a signature. He is a quick high flying guard. I’m excited to see what Adidas have in store for Zach.

The D rose 8 is a great all around shoe. Traction is really good. Boost feels good, but not as plush in the heel as the 7’s. I went a half size down and they fit perfect. Materials are average. I’m really hoping they come out with a primeknit version, but I doubt it. This is probably D Rose’s last signature shoe. Hopefully Zach LaVine gets a signature. He is a quick high flying guard. I’m excited to see what Adidas have in store for Zach.

D Rose's deal with Adidas runs for another 7 or 8 years so I think we will see more signatures.

Is the Rose 8 being carried by anyone besides finishline?

D Rose's deal with Adidas runs for another 7 or 8 years so I think we will see more signatures.

Is the Rose 8 being carried by anyone besides finishline?
Not that I’m aware of. You can’t find them anywhere else in stores. Only online (Eastbay, Adidas, Finishline).

I think the 7 was the better model so I'm still happy with these:
adidas-d-rose-7-boost-knicks-orange-01.jpg

This colorway also made the shoe look even better, because it looked kinda boring in other colors.

My favorite hoop shoe since I bought it one year ago...maybe it would be different if my left knee wouldn't hurt tho.
I also like the Kyrie 2 I have at home...great court feel but you need healthy knees for them to feel safe.

I think the 7 was the better model so I'm still happy with these:
adidas-d-rose-7-boost-knicks-orange-01.jpg

This colorway also made the shoe look even better, because it looked kinda boring in other colors.

My favorite hoop shoe since I bought it one year ago...maybe it would be different if my left knee wouldn't hurt tho.
I also like the Kyrie 2 I have at home...great court feel but you need healthy knees for them to feel safe.

Having both, the only thing the 7 really does better is the materials, both mesh and primeknit. The 8 just looks and in jand feels very budget, but performs better than just about any other shoe.

Having both, the only thing the 7 really does better is the materials, both mesh and primeknit. The 8 just looks and in jand feels very budget, but performs better than just about any other shoe.
Do you have any idea if adidas will make an 8 low?

Granted I only tried them in store, but the bite is way more noticable on the 7 than the 8.

Just waiting on them reviews before copping a pair hahaha
Played a week of pick up games in the rose 7 lows and they don’t feel that great. I hope it’s just the break in period. As of right now the traction wasn’t that great and the cushion was pretty firm. Not a lot of heel slippage and the fit was pretty good.
I played at the local 24 so floor was not pristine at all.

I really am disappointed in the design of the 8, especially after the 5,6, and 7 got some design resources. Adidas obviously cares way more about Dame and Harden now, but it’s sad to see what’s happened to the Rose line.

I really am disappointed in the design of the 8, especially after the 5,6, and 7 got some design resources. Adidas obviously cares way more about Dame and Harden now, but it’s sad to see what’s happened to the Rose line.
Adidas was seconds away from pulling the plug on his line after the Rape case. They had to piece together the design and put out the shoe last minute. Rose line still might be up in the air for the future.

Adidas was seconds away from pulling the plug on his line after the Rape case. They had to piece together the design and put out the shoe last minute. Rose line still might be up in the air for the future.
I know they work on shoes a year in advance but the rape case had a ruling before the preseason was over last year. So that should have effected the promotion of the 7 and maybe the early or middle stages on the design of the 8 but they had plenty of time to revisit the design afterwards if that truly was the issue.

Beyond that, if adidas did go the route of voiding his cintract because he was found guilty they could still take the shoe they designed and throw a generic name on them and still release them. See the John Wall 3/Crazy Explosive as an example of this happening. If they dropped Rose the DRose 8 would have become the Andrew Wiggins 1 so damn fast.

Beyond that, if adidas did go the route of voiding his cintract because he was found guilty they could still take the shoe they designed and throw a generic name on them and still release them. See the John Wall 3/Crazy Explosive as an example of this happening. If they dropped Rose the DRose 8 would have become the Andrew Wiggins 1 so damn fast.

It's a good point, but I'm not quite sure about that. The Wall 3 went from potential sig. shoe to general flagship shoe. I doubt Wiggins would just accept a shoe made for someone else as his own signature.

It's a good point, but I'm not quite sure about that. The Wall 3 went from potential sig. shoe to general flagship shoe. I doubt Wiggins would just accept a shoe made for someone else as his own signature.

All completely speculative noone knows how things would have played out.

My Rose 7 lows get no playing time the CE is just a better performer.

Back
Top Bottom