Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Alright, I love the PK version of these shoes. But it seems like I have to go through a break in period everytime I lace them up. pink toe goes a little numb, I take them off after a few runs and then put them back on. Come the end of the night they feel way better.

I went true to size and there isn't too much space between my toes and the tip of the shoe. maybe half a sideways thumb. the cushion set up, materials, ankle everything but the dang narrow fit is excellent for me. 

My question is, do you guys think going a half size up will help with this? Or should I just give up and try something else(I tried the crazy explosive, it was cool but really really perfer this model.)

Alright, I love the PK version of these shoes. But it seems like I have to go through a break in period everytime I lace them up. pink toe goes a little numb, I take them off after a few runs and then put them back on. Come the end of the night they feel way better.

I went true to size and there isn't too much space between my toes and the tip of the shoe. maybe half a sideways thumb. the cushion set up, materials, ankle everything but the dang narrow fit is excellent for me. 

My question is, do you guys think going a half size up will help with this? Or should I just give up and try something else(I tried the crazy explosive, it was cool but really really perfer this model.)
I have the D Rose 6 and the D Rose 7 and I can make an argument that a half size up might fix your problem. Just because I went TTS with both my D Rose 6 and D Rose 7, but my 7 is so snug and padded that I can't actually wear these with my ankle braces like I usually do. My TTS D Rose 6 accommodated my ankle braces perfectly. Therefore, a half size up might actually allow me to wear ankle braces and I don't mind double-socking to take care of any dead space that might be present, but that's just me. 

I have the D Rose 6 and the D Rose 7 and I can make an argument that a half size up might fix your problem. Just because I went TTS with both my D Rose 6 and D Rose 7, but my 7 is so snug and padded that I can't actually wear these with my ankle braces like I usually do. My TTS D Rose 6 accommodated my ankle braces perfectly. Therefore, a half size up might actually allow me to wear ankle braces and I don't mind double-socking to take care of any dead space that might be present, but that's just me. 
Thanks for the input! I'm pulling the trigger and going to give it a shot. 

Thanks for the input! I'm pulling the trigger and going to give it a shot. 
No problem, hope it works out for you. And worst case scenario, flip them on eBay? 
laugh.gif

By the way, huge Raiders fan here too!

Got them in the mail yesterday. Already feel way better. I'll take them out to the court next week to see how they hold up.
Nice! Let me know how that goes. I love this shoe for ball (especially the traction, wow!) so hopefully that size change did the trick for you.

Just got the sns version in. Had to send the orange pk back because they fit waaay long. Surprised these fit perfect in same sz(9.5).

Looking forward to putting them to the test later today:smile:

Just got the sns version in. Had to send the orange pk back because they fit waaay long. Surprised these fit perfect in same sz(9.5).

Looking forward to putting them to the test later today:smile:
That's my true size right there too.  Adidas sizing has been inconsistent with me. However, once you find that sweet spot their recent hoop shoes are $$$.

Yea, I agree. Last models I have sized down. Rose 5, Lillard 2, CL boost 15. Only one i stayed tts in has been the CE and these. I favor these after a quick run today tho. Much more secure fit+the cushion is actually better for me. Needed some break in time.. which will even make next run even better:wink:

Nice! Let me know how that goes. I love this shoe for ball (especially the traction, wow!) so hopefully that size change did the trick for you.
1/2 size up did wonders! only had 1 game break in time. No numbness in pinky toe and no sliding around. 

I wish the stores my way carried this line so I could of tried in store before ordering online. But oh well. Definitely going to be my go to for 2017. 

Really? Nothing? With continental rubber those would be my outdoor shoe.

Those Rose 8 might be the KP1

Hey buddy, you mentioned Continental outsole for outdoor play. Whatever happened to the Ball 365? I found a few pairs scattered on eBay but other than that, I can't find them anywhere. The 365 X is a sweet looking show for outdoor play. May want to check these out. Here is the one colorway I am searching for.

View media item 2357839
Colorway is sweet. Love the cover over the laces. Looks like it could be very durable.

Last edited:

1/2 size up did wonders! only had 1 game break in time. No numbness in pinky toe and no sliding around. 

I wish the stores my way carried this line so I could of tried in store before ordering online. But oh well. Definitely going to be my go to for 2017. 
Hell yeah! That's badass, man. I'm glad you gave it another shot, this is one of my favorite shoes to play in so I wanted to share that with all of you guys. I mostly play outdoors and this shoe is beast, I can't imagine what it does on the hardwood. By the way, Adidas just dropped a nice gray Primeknit pair today that I'm about to order later on. Cheers!

Last edited:
I might break my 1 pair a year rule for the Rose 7s.
Props for having that much discipline, man! I'm not broke or anything and I spend within my means, but do I loves me some shoes. I need to take notes on how to cut back from my addiction. Ha ha. Anyway, if you are gonna break that rule, you can't go wrong with really anything that Team Adidas is doing right now. I have the Crazy Explosive, Harden Vol. 1, Dame 3 and D Rose 7 and I recommend them all. Definitely been fun to play in all of these Adidas models and there's something for everyone. 

@RaspberryRomeo how do you rank em and are you a guard or forward?
I'm a guard. I'll admit, I need a little more run in the Crazy Explosive to give them a fair rating, but from what I've worn so far...

1. Dame 3

2. Harden Vol. 1

3. D Rose 7

However, and I've posted this in another thread, it's not like just because one of these shoes ranks lower than another for me it means one is an "A" and one is a "F". A more accurate way of assessing it would be like 9.8 vs 9.3 vs. 9.0, a number scale like that would be more accurate because these shoes are all amazing to me. I believe there's a flavor for everyone out there if they're willing to give Adidas Basketball a shot. 

Back
Top Bottom