Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

2FF9423E-43EE-4133-88FA-25DFE4AEA75A.jpeg

20DC02A3-CE79-4F5C-84EA-B11E3B17E506.jpeg

695A0E88-459E-4208-9B98-E99B3A7C05BB.jpeg

92D6A0DF-7C3B-4D47-8D9B-130E385AB347.jpeg

Stopped by the shop yesterday and scooped up the Mechanic Jacket in blue as well. Second favorite piece after the quarter zip. It just looked so good in person.

Waiting on everything else.

-Drew

Stopped by the shop yesterday and scooped up the Mechanic Jacket in blue as well. Second favorite piece after the quarter zip. It just looked so good in person.

-Drew

Do you think they will restock the mechanic jackets online? Really wanted the blue one too.

I understand it's a Collab but the price bracket does not quite align with the country of manufacture unfortunately, IMO.

2FF9423E-43EE-4133-88FA-25DFE4AEA75A.jpeg

20DC02A3-CE79-4F5C-84EA-B11E3B17E506.jpeg

695A0E88-459E-4208-9B98-E99B3A7C05BB.jpeg

92D6A0DF-7C3B-4D47-8D9B-130E385AB347.jpeg

-Drew
if I had known you were going I would have asked you to check for the khaki brushed nylon Yankees hat in 7 1/8 🤷‍♂️

I understand it's a Collab but the price bracket does not quite align with the country of manufacture unfortunately, IMO.

While I am always hopeful to have more products made in the US/ Canada, I wouldn't necessarily state or agree that made in China equals lesser quality. It's the materials, tools, equipment and training of the artisan that make a product, not a country in itself.

guessing if the shoes reappear it will be only leftovers and very limited (since people got cancelled). Interested to see the collection, hopefully some cool floral stuff.
I’m with you! I’m sure we will see uniform and fleece items which have been constant through the collabs, but I’m hoping for some surprises that are unique to the season and to the theme of this collab, “shoes for the garden.”

While I am always hopeful to have more products made in the US/ Canada, I wouldn't necessarily state or agree that made in China equals lesser quality. It's the materials, tools, equipment and training of the artisan that make a product, not a country in itself.

Don't misinterpret or twist my words. When did I say products were made in China? I was careful not to narrow down to any specific regions. Did I say which country they came from? And where was it that my post said Quality is an issue? The focus is on the price points. And since when do products from US/Canada equate quality? Europe and Japan also are great contenders, if not more so.

I like the brand enough to call them out on this. Ya'll can continue to be sheep / sucker and be a slave so I opted not to purchase. Money speaks and it's the only language they understand from a business pov.

This is exactly why i respectfully did not reference. It isn't the focal point nor intent of my post.

If you want to know #GoogleIt :emoji_rolling_eyes:

Respectfully, your original post references two main things - a country of manufacture and price point. Yet you say you're saying it's not about China or quality. It's unclear what you're getting at then or what the focal point or intent of your post was. It's like you're trying to say everything by pretending to say nothing.

Respectfully, your original post references two main things - a country of manufacture and price point. Yet you say you're saying it's not about China or quality. It's unclear what you're getting at then or what the focal point or intent of your post was. It's like you're trying to say everything by pretending to say nothing.

It's not about COO or Quality. I live right across the straits and I know the wages these textile factories, their contractractors and sub-contractors pay to their workforce because there is a minimum market value. The more experienced seamstresses get paid 10-15% more. Of course, as a somewhat independent mid-high tier brand working with a very reputable & storied automobile manufacturer likely led to greater price hike. That's perfectly understandable. Brands also have a responsibility to answer to their share holders and rising costs, further to that also are tasked to juggle not to overprice their products and avoid 'cheapening' their brand outlook too. If i'm paying that much I would expect at least the labour costs to match up, if not it's just plain exploitation. That's my take.

Back
Top Bottom