OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Does anyone have the CPFM Air Force ones white/white?

Thinking of getting a pair but I’m not sure if it’s worth it for just a white on white Air Force one esp if It’s gonna look like crap after two wears…unless the quality on this particular pair is a difference maker?

Actual NY King

20230302_095126.jpg

Frank-White-1024x576.jpg

I'm not standing up for the Tiffs, I agree they're lazy and uninspired. I also prefer the black pair to the F&F, those aren't practical imo

They did the AF1 collab similar to how they treated the Patek 5711 that blew up the past couple years. They took a watch, pretty much left it alone but changed dial color to blue, and put their stamp on it.

AF1 got consistent treatment - left an iconic shoe pretty much alone, but put their blue in one place (swoosh), and put a stamp (tongue). They went a step further with the silver on the black.

When they put their stamp on watches historically (outside the nautilus) it was just their wordmark on the dial.

I think some of their luxury presence is leaving well-enough alone, and co-sponsoring an icon. So it was lazy and uninspired, but "Luxurious" in its understated execution - it's more on-brand with the loro piano steez than the LV Off-White style approach

(wish they offered a white base as well though :lol:)

I agree but I think this is honestly because they are purely a jewelry brand and not a fashion or clothing brand that's why the designs are not as inspiring like we saw with Dior, LV, Off-White, etc. From what ive seen jewelry brand collabs are mostly misses.

If I had to choose I rather go with a Tiffany AF1 with a safe or plain design than something like the Swarovski dunk where it looks like a disco ball on your feet

When they put their stamp on watches historically (outside the nautilus) it was just their wordmark on the dial.

I’ve been casually considering a Pulsar P2 for a few years and every once in a while a Tiffany version comes up. There’s always a price premium even though, as you mention, the difference is just a brand on the crystal. I think Pulsar did this for a few retail outlets… I’ve seen Nieman Marcus versions.

I’d argue that a watchmaker cobra ding with a retail outlet is different from two design houses releasing a “collaboration” but I do see your point. To me the former is more akin to the Supreme triple whites… not even pretending to be a design colab. If T&Co had just stamped their logo on the heel of a triple white and charged a slight premium, I’d see it as less of a waste.

I wouldn't mind that; I genuinely want a pair to wear.

I will try tomorrow on SNKRS, but the Tiffany raffle was my only real hope. I'm not banking on any of these local and online boutique raffles to go in my favor.

Back
Top Bottom